Quick Question about the BEDS that fold down from the wall...

David148

alright,

I know Carnival is known for the Carnival Comfort Bed's..and they are really comfortable...but what about the BEDS that fold down from the wall..Are they the same kind of mattress?

David.

My son who is a big framed kid & who is 6'3" thought it was very comfy. The only difference is you don't get the soft mushy blanket. :)

Hello all,

This is my first post on CC, so be gentle.

Are the pull down beds left down during the day and do any of you have a pic that you could post that shows it down?

I'm sorry I don't have a pic, but the steward will put the bed up when he/she makes the beds in the a.m. and will pull it back down when he/she is doing the turn down service in the evening. Hope this helps.

In June we had our three teenagers in a four bunker......they wanted the beds left down all the time so the steward comlied. They put their suitcases on the bunk without a matress.

The 13 year old asked the steward for a down comforter and he gladly supplied that as well as an extra beach towel. Both boys are about 5'9" and 150 to 170.

He also kept the teens supplied with extra candy in their goody basket because they loaned him some new x-box game for two nights!

Does anyone know how the couch/bed is in an outside room for 3?? I hope it's not uncomfortable or really narrow. My daughter is tall. Any comments?? thanks.

It is a twin size bed, and my daughter had no problems with it. She slept good every night.

Does anyone know if the ov for 3 people on the Sensation have the pull down bunk or the fold out sofa? Just wondering, cause SIL is getting whichever one it is, lol!

:p

Ocean views on Fantasy class ships do not have sofas as far as I am aware. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but we have had three on these ships and the third, or fourth berth for that matter has always been a pullout from the wall.

Does anyone know if the ov for 3 people on the Sensation have the pull down bunk or the fold out sofa? Just wondering, cause SIL is getting whichever one it is, lol!

:p

We had an OV on the Sensation with 3 people. It had a pull-down bunk. My adult daughter, who is fairly tall, thought it was comfy, but difficult to clamber up there. It would probably be fine for a teen. But believe me, you want it put up during the day-I'm very short and I found it a pain to walk around! The steward puts it up in the morning, unless you don't want him to.

For whoever asked about the sofa, we had 3 people on the Liberty. My friend, who is not small, found it to be very comfortable.

My husband, 87-yr old Dad & I sailed on the Spirit to Alaska in May in a cat. 11. (balcony). Dad & I slept on the twin beds. Our room had a sofa and a pull down. My 5'9" DH opted for the sofa. He said it was very comfortable! (The pull down does seem to be somewhat "in the way" if anyone in your group does late-night bathroom visits.)

The 3 of us (plus our teenage grandaughter) are sailing on the Fantasy in a couple of weeks in a cat. 12. There will be a sofa, pull down and option for a roll away in addition to the 2 twins or king bed. I'm not at all worried about uncomfortable bedding.

(5th cruise with Carnival)

dd's mom

Archived