Getaway Haven Questions

figgifumi

We watched a ncl video about the haven, wow. With all of the kids sale free and freesome sales we couldnt pass it up! So having never been in the haven I have a few questions :)

1. In the video it shows a private spa for haven guests... it looks like the normal spa to me...so Im confused: what is this?

2. The Haven resteraunt... is this instead of cagneys for bfast and lunch? Same menu?

3. Is it hard to get one of the awsome looking beds or clam shells in your experience?

Im sure that I will have more ques...lol

Thanks for your replies!!

1. The first shot is of the regular spa (not included for Haven passengers unless you're in a spa suite), but the second shot is of the private sauna located within the Haven complex (complimentary for Haven passengers)

2. Yes, you eat there instead of at Cagney's on the newer ships (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway). Same menus for breakfast and lunch, but the Haven Restaurant also serves a dinner menu.

3. Depends on the time of year. When school's out, you may have a hard time trying to find one on a nice sea day. During the off season, or when the ship's in port, you shouldn't have any trouble at all.

Edited by barnacle_boy

Thanks for the quick responses!

So is the private spa good enough or would you do a spa pass?

The haven restaurant: I read a post that said they "ate there every night and even had specialty dining delivered to the haven restaurant" . So is this a place to eat kinda like having stuff delivered ensuite from anywhere on ship but with waiters rather than calling your butler?

We are sailing Sep20 so I'm guessing it wont be overcrowded.... but we did just get the last S5 courtyard penthouse....

We watched a ncl video about the haven, wow. With all of the kids sale free and freesome sales we couldnt pass it up! So having never been in the haven I have a few questions :)

1. In the video it shows a private spa for haven guests... it looks like the normal spa to me...so Im confused: what is this?

2. The Haven resteraunt... is this instead of cagneys for bfast and lunch? Same menu?

3. Is it hard to get one of the awsome looking beds or clam shells in your experience?

Im sure that I will have more ques...lol

Thanks for your replies!!

I am curious as to what video you watched. Was it on Youtube? I would like to watch it as well. We just booked a haven 2 bedroom. I am like you, we couldn't pass up the great give aways either! Also, are the clam shell beds you are referring to in the haven courtyard? Did you see them on the video as well? Thanks!

Vibe ( replacement for Posh) on the Getaway is not included with the Haven.

Thanks for responding but you misunderstood my question. I was asking about sail away parties for Haven guests on Getaway not if Haven guests had access to Vibe.

Thanks for responding but you misunderstood my question. I was asking about sail away parties for Haven guests on Getaway not if Haven guests had access to Vibe.

I thought I answered it. With no access to vibe unless they buy a pass Haven guests have no access thus no sail away party for Haven guests there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I thought I answered it. With no access to vibe unless they buy a pass Haven guests have no access thus no sail away party for Haven guests there.

But I think the question is: Is there a special sailaway party for Haven guests, regardless of location.

The original question was just making a "such as" comparison, not "same as".

Jim

I think the question is, for the Getaway suite guests, is there any organized sailaway party (similar to what EPIC does for their Haven guests in Posh). It's not really a question of where so much as IS THERE A PARTY?

Thanks!

Whoops... and I see Medtech beat me to it!!

Edited by Sundiego

I think the question is, for the Getaway suite guests, is there any organized sailaway party (similar to what EPIC does for their Haven guests in Posh). It's not really a question of where so much as IS THERE A PARTY?

Thanks!

Whoops... and I see Medtech beat me to it!!

I would like to know this too! :)

I would like to know this too! :)

I can't answer for certain but I was not made aware of any separate Haven sail away party. Granted we were aft in a S6 and enjoyed sail away in H2O with everyone else. Same case on the Breakaway and I was in the Haven S5

So is the private spa good enough or would you do a spa pass?

The haven restaurant: I read a post that said they "ate there every night and even had specialty dining delivered to the haven restaurant" . So is this a place to eat kinda like having stuff delivered ensuite from anywhere on ship but with waiters rather than calling your butler?

We are sailing Sep20 so I'm guessing it wont be overcrowded.... but we did just get the last S5 courtyard penthouse....

Depends upon your needs. The Haven spa offers a perfectly good steam room and sauna, but that's about it. If that's all you want to use, then I don't think it's worth paying an additional $200 for a weeklong spa pass. Obviously the regular spa provides other amenities as well, including a hydrotherapy pool with fountain and water jets, heated loungers, and a salt room. The regular spa also has wonderful 270˚views of the ocean, while the Haven spa is tucked away in an interior corridor adjacent to the courtyard.

If you don't want to venture outside the Haven, you can absolutely have speciality restaurant meals served in the Haven Restaurant. You would be served by the regular Haven restaurant waitstaff. Applicable specialty restaurant cover-charges apply, just as with having it served in-suite by your butler.

Thanks! We have the udp so Im guessing most things we order will be no charge. We will venture out and enjoy the specialty dining venues.... but with a 3 yr old some times eating steps away is beter lol

Edited by figgifumi

Can anyone tell me more about the haven resturant? Special orders form anywhere? Your butler or other wait staff?

The menus in the Haven restaurant never change. They will have a special each night in addition to the regular menu. You should ask your butler to bring you the MDR dinner menu each day and you can order off of that at dinner in the Haven. This will most likely surprise your waiter who will have to ask the maître de what to do (lol) since apparently only cruise critic board readers know about this. Just off Breakaway and ordered entrees from the MDR a couple of times, dessert from the MDR almost every night and requested dessert from a specialty restaurant one evening. They could not accommodate that one, due to being a busy night. But, the next night, the maître de had those desserts delivered to our cabin. I have heard that you can order from the specialty restaurants (and pay the fee), but I personally can't imagine doing that since part of the specialty restaurants draw is the ambiance. You will still be treated well at the specialty restaurants. We ate at Moderna. When the concierge made the reservation, she told them to "put a note." I assume this alerted them that we were Haven guests because we were shown to a very nice table and the service was excellent.

Thanks! We have the udp so Im guessing most things we order will be no charge. We will venture out and enjoy the specialty dining venues.... but with a 3 yr old some times eating steps away is beter lol

We book during the UDP offering as well. The terms and conditions state "The Ultimate Dining Package is honored in all specialty restaurants with the exception of ... room service." So, I'm thinking delivery to the Haven restaurant would not be included, as it would probably be treated as an in-suite delivery and incur the charge. If anyone knows for sure, that's information we'd like to know as well.