Swizzle Inn on Sunday

nancydow

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find an exact answer so I thought I would post.

We are arriving in Bermuda on Sunday, July 31st on the NCL Dawn and would like to make a run over to the original Swizzle Inn in the late afternoon or early evening.

(1) Is it worth it? Should we save time and just go to the south shore location? Skip it entirely and just go to the Frog & Onion in the Dockyard?

(2) What is the best way to get there? Do the ferries run at all on Sundays? Is it a brutally long bus ride? Will we have trouble getting back to the ship after a certain time?

(3) Is there anything else that is a must see or do in that area? We are doing a private bus tour on Monday, but figured while we were out there ... ?

(4) While I'm asking, is it worth trekking all the way out to the Clearwater area? I've read such mixed reviews and one in our group has mobility issues.

Thank you in advance for any advice or help you can offer!

~ Nancy : )

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find an exact answer so I thought I would post.

We are arriving in Bermuda on Sunday, July 31st on the NCL Dawn and would like to make a run over to the original Swizzle Inn in the late afternoon or early evening.

(1) Is it worth it? Should we save time and just go to the south shore location? Skip it entirely and just go to the Frog & Onion in the Dockyard?

(2) What is the best way to get there? Do the ferries run at all on Sundays? Is it a brutally long bus ride? Will we have trouble getting back to the ship after a certain time?

(3) Is there anything else that is a must see or do in that area? We are doing a private bus tour on Monday, but figured while we were out there ... ?

(4) While I'm asking, is it worth trekking all the way out to the Clearwater area? I've read such mixed reviews and one in our group has mobility issues.

Hi Nancy,

I believe there are more than one Swizzle Inn. The one that I went to the cross the street from the Crystal. We took the ferry to St. George and a bus that leaves you across the street from Swizzle Inn, but that was during the week. If you Google 'Bermuda ferry schedule' you will notice there aren't any ferries going to St. George on Sunday. You may want to look up where the other Swizzle Inn is located. The food was delicious and was reasonably priced. I have never been to Frog and Onion, so I cannot compare them. I just feel if I'm that close to the ship I might as well eat for free lol

Schedule from Dockyard - Hamilton and back

d59423b1c237f7a7364fd768779008ac.jpg

I'm sorry I cannot help you with the rest of your questions because all activities that we did had many stairs or long distances to walk.

Hope you have a great time!

Dani

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by NauticalSmile

No, it is not worth going to the original Swizzle Inn on a Sunday in the late afternoon or evening by public transport. The one on the South Shore road, it's not the same thing as going to the original iconic one. Not much point in my opinion. The ferries to St. George don't run on the weekend, only ferries to Hamilton run, and the bus rides and waits for buses may be long. Buses run on a reduced schedule on Sunday's. If you really want to go to the original on a Sunday afternoon take a taxi there and back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suggestion for things to do in Bermuda. Walk next door to the fort and swim with the Dolphins. Frog & Onion for me is a fun experience. Next door is a unique shopping experience. Have never been to Swizzle. Bermuda bus rides are also quite the experience with the narrow roads. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums