Bermuda Web Cam

Dreamer68

Thanks to posts from many people, I've had a blast watching the Bermuda Web Cam, a couple of times a day so I could see the current weather and conditions at the Naval Dockyard as I plan boating outings for my own stop in a few weeks' time. I made sure to check the camera today, on a Friday to see what it's like for the cruise ships to leave and boy, it was so cool to see the Summit set sail. So glad for tools like this as well as the forum. I feel so much better in my planning stages.

Here's the link - http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

It's 4:45 pm here for me now and 5:45 pm for Bermuda and I am watching the Norwegian Dawn sail away from King's Wharf. I feel like kid going, "Wow, Bermuda really exists and cruise ships really go there!" LOL!!!

Setting an alarm for tomorrow morning to see the Celebrity Summit arrive....so excited, AnnetteSC! I'm going to be pretty easy to please on the cruise if I am simply excited at "seeing" this on camera. :D

It's 9:35 am local time on a Wednesday and boy, there are a LOT of people walking off the 2 ships on an absolutely gorgeous looking day in Bermuda....makes me wonder what's a good time to get off the ship to start your day on port days. Lots of forum contributors say start early but if everyone is heeding that advice, won't I just end up waiting in lines?:confused:

Hey there AnnetteSC,

It's 6:35-ish EDT and I'm watching the sunset over the Celebrity Summit and the Norwegian Breakaway that are docked at King's Wharf. So cool. Seriously. Takes so little to get me smiling. Looking forward to the cruise. So many of the forum contributors here are SO LUCKY to return to Bermuda over and over.:) Hope I remember to check out their sailaway tomorrow.

There used to be another great web cam located in St. George. What was cool about it was you could switch between a couple of locations, another one looking at the airport runway and yet another that I can't remember.:o The ULTIMATE coolness was it was user controlled but there were times when everyone was switching it all around.:D There was also another one in the Hamilton Harbour and I would see the morning ferry go by right on schedule.

Hey there AnnetteSC,

It's 6:35-ish EDT and I'm watching the sunset over the Celebrity Summit and the Norwegian Breakaway that are docked at King's Wharf. So cool. Seriously. Takes so little to get me smiling. Looking forward to the cruise. So many of the forum contributors here are SO LUCKY to return to Bermuda over and over.:) Hope I remember to check out their sailaway tomorrow.

The Bermuda Cam is located on the Commissioner's House which is located west of the wharves and cruise ships. If the camera was watching the sunset in the west, it would not be facing at the cruise ships but would be facing the Atlantic Ocean. The camera does an arc swing from about NE to SW.

If the Bermuda Cam is facing the cruise ships, it is facing approximately south.

I've attached a map of the Dockyard with a compass rose close to the lower right corner.

4e863226-ee55-4c60-a1aa-50854222ca06.jpg

SBtS

I'm with you, Dreamer68! Getting so excited about our upcoming cruise to Bermuda and, the anticipation alone, is already making me happy! :)

SBtS, you have the BEST maps! Thanks for sharing! :)

Google is everyone's friend.;):D

The Bermuda Cam is located on the Commissioner's House which is located west of the wharves and cruise ships. If the camera was watching the sunset in the west, it would not be facing at the cruise ships but would be facing the Atlantic Ocean. The camera does an arc swing from about NE to SW.

If the Bermuda Cam is facing the cruise ships, it is facing approximately south.

I've attached a map of the Dockyard with a compass rose close to the lower right corner.

4e863226-ee55-4c60-a1aa-50854222ca06.jpg

SBtS

I understand what you are saying SBtS. What I meant was the sky was changing colours as the sun was setting on this lovely island. So, yes, I did not see THE SUN set per se but it was sunset to me nonetheless. :-)

Thanks for your maps. I agree with AnnetteSC. You have the most fabulous maps. I've been referring to one you shared about the walk along the South Shore park quite often as I am planning my port day outings. At least I think it was you. :) It included a Google image of the beaches from Elbow Beach to Horseshoe Bay. Also poring over the bus system map and the parishes to figure out tokens vs taxis for my family of 4.

I just finished watching the Norwegian Breakaway leave. (So sad to hear about the tragedy with that crew this week) Staying online to see the Summit leave also. My vacation is really starting to look real. So many forum contributors here are so very fortunate to cruise often.

I understand what you are saying SBtS. What I meant was the sky was changing colours as the sun was setting on this lovely island. So, yes, I did not see THE SUN set per se but it was sunset to me nonetheless. :-)

Thanks for your maps. I agree with AnnetteSC. You have the most fabulous maps. I've been referring to one you shared about the walk along the South Shore park quite often as I am planning my port day outings. At least I think it was you. :) It included a Google image of the beaches from Elbow Beach to Horseshoe Bay. Also poring over the bus system map and the parishes to figure out tokens vs taxis for my family of 4.

I just finished watching the Norwegian Breakaway leave. (So sad to hear about the tragedy with that crew this week) Staying online to see the Summit leave also. My vacation is really starting to look real. So many forum contributors here are so very fortunate to cruise often.

After I posted my reply, I realized what you were referring to so it just boils down to what I define as a sunset. The old sailor in me came out, and it is hard to control him ;).

Enjoy your cruise.

SBtS

After I posted my reply, I realized what you were referring to so it just boils down to what I define as a sunset. The old sailor in me came out, and it is hard to control him ;).

Enjoy your cruise.

SBtS

SBtS, if I could bring you along on our cruise to guide my family, I so would!! As it is, we are among the dinosaur-type families...those with barely an electronic gadget and frugal too so I can't even ask you a question while I am onboard!! LOL!!! Thanks for sharing so generously with all the newbies, either to cruising or to Bermuda.:D I'm doing all I can to soak up all the relevant information in my last 10 days or so before I get on the Summit.

SBtS, as an "old sailor", you would probably appreciate the beautiful gesture by Willy Freeman and his team at the Dockyard as they said goodbye to the Breakaway yesterday. The video was uploaded on their Facebook page here, absolutely beautiful, even for a non-sailor like myself.... so many messages of condolences as well from visitors....

https://www.facebook.com/Port.Bermuda.Webcam/?fref=ts