Men, their feet, and the MDR

Ok so the hubs is struggling with what shoes to pack. My answer is this - as few as possible, so I can of course pack more shoes for me!

On casual nights in the MDR, he will likely wear a collared shirt, nice jeans, and would like to wear sandals, or even nice leather flip flops (not the beachy kind).

So the question is- what is allowed? not what you might personally prefer, but what will get him turned away at the door or not? Will the leather man sandals fly or not??

BTW he does get a pedi before the cruise. because their is nothing more gross than bad man feet. get a pedi, people.

I always wear nice leather flip flops to the main dining room (except formal night). Also, have worn them to the specialty restaurants and even the concierge lounge with no problems. Don't sweat the small things, enjoy.

I'm sure he'll be fine.

Never knew there was a difference between flip flops and "nice leather flip flops"............:rolleyes: Those must be Dress Flip Flops.

Are you sure they are not the Smart Flip Flops?:p

BTW he does get a pedi before the cruise. because their is nothing more gross than bad man feet. get a pedi, people.

IDK - I think I'd rather some people have gross feet rather than their butt cracks hanging out, armpit hair over the buffet line, and other guys thinking they're all that with their Speedo banana hammocks......choose your battles carefully.

What about crocs. They are my husbands new favorite shoe. I hate them. I won't pack too many shoes for him, as they are always so heavy, especially the dress shoes. He just wears nice loafers on Formal night.

And I have dressy flip flops. They have sequins on them. I wear them when I dress up, because I have problems with my feet and they are the most comfortable shoes next to sneakers. I wear long pants, so not so noticeable. I seldom notice what people wear, let alone what they have on their feet. Unless they are extremely dressed up.

Gwen :)

Since I am the planner and packer on vacation, I only allow my husband 4 pair of shoes.

He wears his sneakers to the ship, a pair of flip flops for beach and pool, a pair of brown shoes for casual nights and black dress shoes for formal nights.

I bring as many shoes as I please. Works for us. :)

Since I am the planner and packer on vacation, I only allow my husband 4 pair of shoes.

He wears his sneakers to the ship, a pair of flip flops for beach and pool, a pair of brown shoes for casual nights and black dress shoes for formal nights.

You "only allow". :eek::eek: That wouldn't fly in this household.:cool:

sounds like an excellent plan!!

IDK - I think I'd rather some people have gross feet rather than their butt cracks hanging out, armpit hair over the buffet line, and other guys thinking they're all that with their Speedo banana hammocks......choose your battles carefully.

I hear you on this one. Basically, it your vacation and you are there to enjoy yourself, but really people, there are times you should cover up :)

I was on a Voyager cruise and on the first formal night a gentleman seated next to me for dinner in MDR asked me to look down. He was dressed in a suit, dress shirt and tie. He was wearing sandals and neither I or anyone else had noticed. He said he forgot and left his dress shoes in his vehicle.

Wearing shoes is just like wearing slippers. Sandals works for me even if they are not dress sandals. When it comes to formal a nice pair of shoes works or the sandals. Enjoy your time cruising its your cruise.

Any why do older men have hair growing out of their ears and nostrils with eyebrows like bushes??

Come on men - look after yourselves a bit better if the above rings a bell with you :-)

My DH wears nice sandals occasionally in the MDR. That said, I have a strange aversion to feet -- all feet (yes even mine and my DH's), but especially gross ones with thick and/or yellow toenails!!! I am shivering just thinking of it! So, as a favor to those of us out there who hate feet, if yours could use some grooming, maybe consider closed toed shoes???? Just saying!!!!

As long as no one wears socks with sandals it's fine.

I wear leather tasseled loafers with my summer suits for summer formal nights. 2 pair of Sperry's, a nice pair of leather flip flops and canvas flip flops for the the pool. Sneakers for the gym.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm just going to say LIKE!

Ok so the hubs is struggling with what shoes to pack. My answer is this - as few as possible, so I can of course pack more shoes for me!

On casual nights in the MDR, he will likely wear a collared shirt, nice jeans, and would like to wear sandals, or even nice leather flip flops (not the beachy kind).

So the question is- what is allowed? not what you might personally prefer, but what will get him turned away at the door or not? Will the leather man sandals fly or not??

Lets see. The MDR is a sit down restaurant with table service of a bartender, waiter, and assistant waiter. Food is served with a place setting that is not wrapped in a paper napkin. The waiters pull your chair out, place napkins on your lap. The tables are covered with table cloths.

There is a difference of what is allowed, and what expectations are. You can't place every single item of clothing in a dress code. Usually, if a man is to wear a polo shirt, and long jeans, than it should be common sense to know that flip flops are not acceptable. (sandals and flip flops are for when a outfit is a t-shirt and shorts) This is a grown up dinner, and with that being said, men should dress up as grown ups, and not children. Certain things, such as flip flops, sandals, t-shirts, hats, bagging pants, pants with holes, crocks, and shorts are just not appropriate.

Sandals, hats, shorts, t-shirts are turned around. Appropriate footwear is needed. At times, some people do slip buy. But remember, this is not school, this is an adult trip, and really, the expectation is it dress appropriately, and not have the need to be scolded!!!!

What about crocs. They are my husbands new favorite shoe. I hate them. I won't pack too many shoes for him, as they are always so heavy, especially the dress shoes. He just wears nice loafers on Formal night.

And I have dressy flip flops. They have sequins on them. I wear them when I dress up, because I have problems with my feet and they are the most comfortable shoes next to sneakers. I wear long pants, so not so noticeable. I seldom notice what people wear, let alone what they have on their feet. Unless they are extremely dressed up.

Gwen :)

Oh I hate Crocs too!

Love your attitude -- I don't notice either what's on people feet or what they are wearing. I wear runners a lot as they are most comfortable for me. I will wear them with my dress pants to the dining and I don't care -- once your feet are under the table you could be barefoot! Oh wait!!! That's normally me -- dress shoes in for formal night, get kicked off during dinner, carried out of the dining room.:D:o:o

Edited by jaspercat