Money bar, Cozumel info please

Nickymjw1

Has anyone been to the Money Bar in Cozumel? How does it compare to Chakanaab?

I heard it is free, you just pay for your food and drinks and can snorkel from shore.

I wonder how the snorkeling is and if there is plenty of shade, atmosphere, etc...

hopefully the below link works, too bad it does not zoom underwater. Money Bar is laid back. Notice the snorkel boats as most tours stop here. Food is good and a moderate 120mxn for most meals. They are very fair on exchange rate.

Compared to Chak snorkel is much more natural and larger area. Map on side of dive shops shows how to use the currents to your advantage. Construction accross street continues and will surely change ambience once it is finished. It did not interfere with our day last week. Google for the website they have a massage and lunch package for a good price. You will never feel hassled or crowded. The chairs and the lounges in the sand are serviced by Roberto. He has always provided us with great service. Tell Roberto Big Robb says hola.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=money+bar&sll=20.457755,-86.986082&sspn=0.001116,0.002631&ie=UTF8&radius=0.09&filter=0&rq=1&ev=zi&hq=money+bar&hnear=&ll=20.457778,-86.986074&spn=0,359.997369&z=19&layer=c&cbll=20.457773,-86.986075&panoid=Ni-Xm-_YoYMatrhRyGU-mQ&cbp=12,314.39,,0,3.99

Docking at International pier in March. Money Bar looks like it is only a mile or two from the pier. Can we walk? Tried to look at maps but not getting exact distance. Thanks for help. I thought I'd take my 16 yr old sons snorkeling while their father is diving. I realize we can take a taxi - if it is that close though we would rather walk.

Docking at International pier in March. Money Bar looks like it is only a mile or two from the pier. Can we walk? Tried to look at maps but not getting exact distance. Thanks for help. I thought I'd take my 16 yr old sons snorkeling while their father is diving. I realize we can take a taxi - if it is that close though we would rather walk.

You're a good 2 miles + from Money Bar. You have a whole other pier area between you before you get to the cutoff to the old beach road and the main road isn't conducive to walkers. Getting a cab is fairly quick and easy and not all that expensive.

hopefully the below link works, too bad it does not zoom underwater. Money Bar is laid back. Notice the snorkel boats as most tours stop here. Food is good and a moderate 120mxn for most meals. They are very fair on exchange rate.

Compared to Chak snorkel is much more natural and larger area. Map on side of dive shops shows how to use the currents to your advantage. Construction accross street continues and will surely change ambience once it is finished. It did not interfere with our day last week. Google for the website they have a massage and lunch package for a good price. You will never feel hassled or crowded. The chairs and the lounges in the sand are serviced by Roberto. He has always provided us with great service. Tell Roberto Big Robb says hola.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=money+bar&sll=20.457755,-86.986082&sspn=0.001116,0.002631&ie=UTF8&radius=0.09&filter=0&rq=1&ev=zi&hq=money+bar&hnear=&ll=20.457778,-86.986074&spn=0,359.997369&z=19&layer=c&cbll=20.457773,-86.986075&panoid=Ni-Xm-_YoYMatrhRyGU-mQ&cbp=12,314.39,,0,3.99

It sounds like you have been here, can you tell me if they allow fishing from shore? My DH would like to bring his rod and just fish for a bit. Also does this place rent snorkel equipment? This looks like a place we would really enjoy.

We went in December and had a good time. Took a cab, rented snorkeling gear and snorkled for about 45 minutes. Then we just sat at a table, had some drinks and ate a DELICIOUS meal of fresh caught fish. It was reasonably priced and wonderful, and the snorkeling was pretty good. We were a little too tired to go back out, as we did have to fight the current a bit to swim back in.

I think we are going to the money bar for the package deal, (lunch/snorkel/massage), and want to shop in town. Would you suggest taking a cab from the port to town, shop, then take a cab to the money bar, then cab back to ship, or other way around.

there is a dive shop to rent snorkel gear, for fishing I do not know and have never seen it. they have a dock/pier so if another part of your group is on a dive trip they can be dropped off on there on the return as it is close to the marina and southeast reefs.

As far as Money Bar or shopping 1st, I guess it would be dependant on what time your boat arrives as the shops off the main path may not open until 10am. If you dock a Punta Lagosta you will close to shopping. International or Puerta Maya you will be closer to the Money Bar.

I am just trying to share my Cozumel experiences and enjoy the Money Bar for its location to the piers and its laidback and welcoming atompshere. I am sure other areas are great too, but after 4 visits this is our comfort spot. Enjoy!!!

Our ship is in from 8-5 at Puerta Maya.

I think I read the time is 1 hr. difference in April?

Do you know when everything opens in town? I guess I should email money bar and see when they open also. Your right this will make a difference on if to shop or go to money bar first.

Archived