Tech savvy people-need help

I really didn't know where to post this and it seems like anyone who does photography is usually pretty "tech" savvy with computers.

Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do with my signature? I'm so annoyed that it is so long and takes up so much space, but yet I want it there to help people out.

I have tried putting it in "list" side by side, but these boards seem to jumble all of the words together and will not keep my spacing between them to make it look like a list. Sigh.

I'm tired of trying different things and thought "Hey, why not ask the fabulous people here on cc for a little help and suggestions". :D

Or if that doesn't work, can you just run the links under each heading horizontally across each line, rather than each starting a new line? That way, it would read more like:

Cozumel - Chankanaab - Dolphin Swim - Chankanaab - Nachi Cocom (379) - Playa Mia(132) - Mr Sanchos (395)

Roatan -

And so on. Just leave a space or hyphen between the links, rather than having each on its own line...making your signature only extend 10 lines, with links right across the width of the page, rather than 53+ lines.

BBS code supports a [table] method but this site doesn't.

Maybe post your list in a general forum here as a thread and link to it in your signature?

My Reviews

Dave

I don't really like that idea for the fact that someone searching for a particular place wouldn't know which places I might have listed and not bother clicking on the link to search for a place that might not even be there. :(

I had thought about posting a blog somewhere and making the links go to that, but somehow with the names of the different places, but yet that would still take up some lines listing them. Ugh

Or if that doesn't work, can you just run the links under each heading horizontally across each line, rather than each starting a new line? That way, it would read more like:

Cozumel - Chankanaab - Dolphin Swim - Chankanaab - Nachi Cocom (379) - Playa Mia(132) - Mr Sanchos (395)

Roatan -

And so on. Just leave a space or hyphen between the links, rather than having each on its own line...making your signature only extend 10 lines, with links right across the width of the page, rather than 53+ lines.

I actually thought of that last night and tried it. I didn't do anything other than list them like that and all of a sudden cc was telling me that I had too many characters (over 4,000) and it wouldn't let me change it. :(

There's gotta be some way of doing it and shortening it. I am going to try again, but like this idea.

Maybe post the page with all the links as I suggested and do something like this:

My Reviews:

EPIC STUDIO - NCL SPIRIT -NCL PEARL - NCL STAR - Carnival DreamNCL - JEWELNCL - GETAWAY - COZUMEL - Chankanaab - Dolphin Swim - Chankanaab - Nachi Cocom (379) - Playa Mia(132) - Mr Sanchos (395) - Roatan - Little French Key (246) - Maya Key (290) - West Bay - Zipline, etc...

Highlight the whole list before attaching the single hyperlink. That way your sig appears in the search and the link encompasses all of the keywords. Anywhere they click will take them to the list post.

Grasping at straws....

Dave

Edited by pierces

• 2 weeks later...