Princess Poolside BBQ

Does Princess still have a real BBQ at the pool area. I am sailing the Island in Dec. of this year for a 15 day Canal cruise. I really enjoyed the smell of a good hamburger on the grill, not some burger cooked inside and brought out in a steamer tray.

Does Princess still have a real BBQ at the pool area. I am sailing the Island in Dec. of this year for a 15 day Canal cruise. I really enjoyed the smell of a good hamburger on the grill, not some burger cooked inside and brought out in a steamer tray.

I doubt that anyone here knows what Princess will be doing in December, other than a guess.:)

We just got off the Crown Princess yesterday. I don't recall seeing any poolside BBQ. There is a grill poolside, however. They actually cook the burgers (and hot dogs, and bratwurst, and chicken breast) on the grill right behind the counter and make the sandwiches fresh.

We just got off the Crown Princess yesterday. I don't recall seeing any poolside BBQ. There is a grill poolside, however. They actually cook the burgers (and hot dogs, and bratwurst, and chicken breast) on the grill right behind the counter and make the sandwiches fresh.

Thank You for your reply. I am sure I will enjoy the hamburgers poolside. There is something to the smell of the grill when you are hungry and wanting a good burger.:)

To avoid a long lineup, I believe they do what most fast food burger joints do by pre cooking the patties in the kitchen and give them a quick warmup on the grill when you order your burger.

To avoid a long lineup, I believe they do what most fast food burger joints do by pre cooking the patties in the kitchen and give them a quick warmup on the grill when you order your burger.

All I can report is, while standing in line for burgers, I personally saw them put raw burgers on one side of the grill, and, as they cooked, moved them to the other side of the grill and then put on the buns as they were prepped.

So, yes, they sort of pre-cook them, by anticipating that someone will be ordering them when they are done, but they were cooked there.

Last time I was on Princess they cooked them when you ordered them, sure there was a small wait, but well worth it. I guess at busier times they might pop them on to cook before they are ordered knowing that at that time someone will likely be along.

Wish they'd close the whole grill down, I suspect my clothes wont fit after 33 days.

Another hint if you like salad on your burger grab some at the buffet, order your burger then top it up.