Elation Dry Dock

Alexintheboro

I just got off the Elation today. I had spoken to a few crew members who I met on my previous cruise and remembered me, and they all told me the same thing:

1. Cole Porter Lounge is being turned into Staterooms. The Comedy Club (Cole Porter) is being moved and shared with the Jekyll and Hyde Club.

2. Guys Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Bar are being installed.

3. They already started some pre-work, as confirmed by a few people on the lower staterooms. There were many mentions of staff coming to take measurements.

4. There are many rooms that are in the renovation stages.

5. While docked in Key West and Nassau, there were many dumpsters and supplies being loaded onto the ship. You could also hear a lot of construction work being done.

I know that normal Dry Docks are around 14 Days, but Elation will be in Dry Dock for 1 month.

I am taking what I heard with a grain of salt, but hearing the same things from different crew members, makes me believe that what they said is true.

That's excellent news! We just were on the Elation a few weeks ago and had a lot of fun and love how easy it is to cruise out of Jax (3 hr drive for us, easy parking and embarkation) but it really does need updating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds great! I know the dry dock is scheduled for late August through September, but nothing has been said about what features might be added. We are looking hard at booking a 5 day in November and it would be awesome to have Guy's and Blue Iguana again! We had them on the Liberty in 2013 and missed them greatly on the Valor and Victory in 2015 and 2016.

• 1 month later...

According to John Heald, All Fantasy Class Ships will get Fun Ship 2.0 and the Alchemy Bar for Sure. This makes me assume based on the last four Carnival Fantasy Class Ships, it will get:

Guy's Burger Joint

Blue Iguana Cantina

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar

Red Frog Rum Bar

Alchemy Bar

Cherry On Top

Carnival Waterworks

Full Stateroom Renovations

Stateroom Hallway Renovations

Spa Transformation to Cloud 9 Spa

Lido Deck Restaurant Remodel.

All of these things have happened to the Fantasy Class Ships in that time period based on its previous dry docks. I'm most certainly not guaranteeing this though

I do not believe for a moment that they will make that rear lounge staterooms. It doesn't make any since as there are no staterooms near that location! Not that I'm right I just don't think it will happen.

According to John Heald, All Fantasy Class Ships will get Fun Ship 2.0 and the Alchemy Bar for Sure. This makes me assume based on the last four Carnival Fantasy Class Ships, it will get:

Guy's Burger Joint

Blue Iguana Cantina

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar

Red Frog Rum Bar

Alchemy Bar

Cherry On Top

Carnival Waterworks

Full Stateroom Renovations

Stateroom Hallway Renovations

Spa Transformation to Cloud 9 Spa

Lido Deck Restaurant Remodel.

All of these things have happened to the Fantasy Class Ships in that time period based on its previous dry docks. I'm most certainly not guaranteeing this though

I do not believe for a moment that they will make that rear lounge staterooms. It doesn't make any since as there are no staterooms near that location! Not that I'm right I just don't think it will happen.

I wouldn't put it past Carnival making the aft lounge cabins. They did that on the Sunshine.

Going by what they've been doing with the Fantasy class ships during dry docks, I'm betting it'll get the full 2.0 treatment and a complete facelift.

But, after looking at the deck plan, I've got to agree with jmoore that changing the Cole Porter lounge to cabins doesn't make a lot of sense.

Regardless, I plan to enjoy the ship and have a relaxing time!

We are sailing on Elation in late august, next to last sailing before dry dock, and again next April. I am excited to sail her before and after and compare. Someone asked JH this week about whether there was news about Waterworks. He said no and it was a little confusing as to whether her meant no waterworks or no news. With a month long dry dock, you would have to think there is a waterworks planned. They have to plan on better use of that aft deck.

I would hate to see them tear out the aft lounge, too. I love the full sized aft comedy lounges on certain Fantasy class ships. I hope that isnt true, but they did do it on Sunshine.

I also hope they don't plan extensive work before dry dock begins, like what happened on Glory last week. Hopefully by scheduling this for one month, that won't happen.

I just booked a cruise for the middle of Aug on the Elation and when I look at what restaurants are on the ship, it already shows Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguana. That was part of why I booked with that ship. Now,I'm hearing that's not even on the ship until dry dock after my cruise.

Not happy!

I just booked a cruise for the middle of Aug on the Elation and when I look at what restaurants are on the ship, it already shows Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguana. That was part of why I booked with that ship. Now,I'm hearing that's not even on the ship until dry dock after my cruise.

Not happy!

The Carnival website doesn't show them on Elation yet. I thought maybe they'd have the "coming soon" deal but they don't have even have that yet.

Not happy!

Are you sure you didn't accidentally click on the Ecstasy? She has both restaurants.

Not happy!

I would in my mind, since you still have time, switch to the Ecstasy which is a sister ships with all the upgrades and overall a much nicer ship. Then you won't have to worry and it's close to Jacksonville.

• 3 months later...

We just sailed on Elation June 26, 2017. While at the Chef's Table dinner, I asked the chef about what his staff would do during the drydock. He said that there will be 1500 additional workers that he will need to feed, so they will stay busy. I asked what they would be doing and he said that they will be adding the things we've all heard about like Guy's Burgers, Blue Iquana and Alchemy Bar. He also said that they would be adding staterooms on Deck 12 where the mini-golf is. I haven't seen this anywhere else, but it seems based on your previous posts here that there is a likelihood of additional staterooms being added.