Steakhouse on Dream

kitkat6937

completely worth it, the apps and soups are fabulous and you can have more than one. Although the portions are so big, you don't need more than one. My wife does not eat red meat ans has either the Main Lobster or the Sea Bass which she says is world class.

Never did it on the Dream, but have done it twice on the Breeze and it was probably one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. We literally ROLLED out of there. Food was amazing, and portions were crazy big.

We have it booked on our first night on the Magic in June. Can't wait!!:D

does the steakhouse fill up fast? Would it be advisable to pre-book before start of cruise or make reservations on the ship? We like to see the menu in the MDR before we decide on the steakhouse don't want to miss something good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would advise you to make reservations before you board. The steakhouse can fill up fast, depending on the ship. You can always cancel if you have to.

We were a bit unsure of the steakhouse the first time we tried it too, but it is absolutely worth the $35 pp cost. Don't forget that includes the gratuity- but feel free to leave a little extra if you feel the servers warranted it.

The food is phenomenal!

agreed, I believe we were told in the Behind the Scenes tour that the only open flames allowed were in the Steakhouse. The entire MDR kitchen is flameless. The cooking method, like Ruth's Chris is what makes the steaks so delicious.

Would formal wear be out of place in the steakhouse? We are going for our anniversary and I thought about wearing a full length chiffon dress.

We are going for our anniversary as well! Feel free to wear whatever you want, but if you think you'll stand out too much you can always book your reservation for one of the formal nights. That way you can get pictures taken as well and others will be dressed more formally.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

The Steak House is a must do on all our Carnival cruises. If you go there the first or most times the second night (which is usually the first formal night) they will give you a free bottle of wine. It's definitely not the best wine, but, I hate to admit, I have had worse.

We have gotten the red wine and it was drinkable. I have heard that the white wasn't, but I don't drink white so I can't say. It is so much nicer than the MDR in that you can talk quietly instead of almost having to raise your voice because of the din in the MDR.

Some cruises we go 3 times depending on the menu for the night. It is definitely part of our cruise.