Triumph Dining & Table Size Questions

hawkinsh

My family of 5, plus my mother law will be on a spring break cruise in mid March 2017. This will be a 1st cruise for all of us, and I have a couple questions about dining I hope someone can answer:

(1) With their being 6 in our group, will we have our own table? I do not want to be unsocial, but do not want to subject anyone to my kids EVERY night. I read that the larger tables seat 8. I do not think that would be fair to a couple who might be there are a romantic cruise. My kids can be a little rowdy at times, so I would rather just have a table to ourselves. Could we request a private table? How would we do that? Are you able to request a table near a window?

(2) My mother law has some stomach issues and has some definite dietary issues, but not allergies. She is not able to do ANY spice, the least amount of pepper or seasoning like garlic will cause her hours of discomfort or even pain. How should we address this?

(3) Is there a good source to see the nightly menus for the ship? Are the paid upgrades in the dining room worth the expense?

(4) My daughter will turn 6 on March 18, the day we board. Will they do anything special for her at dinner? I have ordered the cake and decoration package for our state room, but I am hoping they will make a big deal of her at dinner. She thinks this cruise is for her birthday. That is not the case, but there is no harm in her thinking it, I guess.

Thanks in advance.

IDK if there are six place tables or not. I know there are fours and eights, not sure about sixes. However, even if you have a table for six, you will be very close to other diners at adjacent tables. If the kids are being rowdy, that will be an issue even if you're at a six-top.

See the matre'd and discuss dietary issues. Others have said they will allow you to order special meals the day before to deal with dietary issues. Meals in the MDR are not cooked to order.

Menus are published in the fun times, so you can see them the night before. Might be available earlier if you ask.

IDK if there are six place tables or not. I know there are fours and eights, not sure about sixes. However, even if you have a table for six, you will be very close to other diners at adjacent tables. If the kids are being rowdy, that will be an issue even if you're at a six-top...

I don't think it will be an issue for table around us. I don't mean they are running around or being really loud. At least not usually. ;p However, I would hate to the couple on my honeymoon cruise, and then get stuck at a table of strangers with three kids. Would not be very romantic.

We were on the Triumph a few years ago with six in our group and they sat us at round table by ourselves. For perfect and plenty of room. The lobster was great the night I had it but only purchased one time. There is plenty to choose from for your MIL... I actually found quite a few items that were pretty bland [emoji51] but I like spicy. This is my favorite ship ... enjoy your cruise !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family of 5, plus my mother law will be on a spring break cruise in mid March 2017. This will be a 1st cruise for all of us, and I have a couple questions about dining I hope someone can answer:

(1) With their being 6 in our group, will we have our own table? I do not want to be unsocial, but do not want to subject anyone to my kids EVERY night. I read that the larger tables seat 8. I do not think that would be fair to a couple who might be there are a romantic cruise. My kids can be a little rowdy at times, so I would rather just have a table to ourselves. Could we request a private table? How would we do that? Are you able to request a table near a window? You don't say if you have YTD or fixed time dining. If it is YTD, you will definitely have a table to yourselves.

(2) My mother law has some stomach issues and has some definite dietary issues, but not allergies. She is not able to do ANY spice, the least amount of pepper or seasoning like garlic will cause her hours of discomfort or even pain. How should we address this? See the Maitre d' when you board and explain the issue. They will have her pre-order her meals so that her dietary restrictions can be accommodated. They do this for me, as I am GF.

(3) Is there a good source to see the nightly menus for the ship? Are the paid upgrades in the dining room worth the expense? They will post the menus in the morning for that day. Since MIL will be ordering ahead, she will get a preview of the next day's menus to order. They are also on the HUB app.

(4) My daughter will turn 6 on March 18, the day we board. Will they do anything special for her at dinner? I have ordered the cake and decoration package for our state room, but I am hoping they will make a big deal of her at dinner. She thinks this cruise is for her birthday. That is not the case, but there is no harm in her thinking it, I guess. You can mention this to your head waiter, and they will most likely come out and sing her her.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy!!

They will NOT put a "couple" at a table with a larger group. You can request to be seated alone.

Oh yes they will. We were seated at a table with a family of 6. They were really nice folks and we had a good experience. CB, where do you get your all CAPS information from, any way. It probably wouldn't happen all the time, but it can and does happen sometimes. :rolleyes:

Just off the Triumph as a party of two, at each meal we were asked - first available (with 'strangers') or private. The parties of two will know what they are getting themselves into - their choice. So we could have been with a family of 6, but we chose private table each time.

Also if you have 2 rooms - when you make your 'reservation' and get the beeper the hostess needed to see a S&S card from (at least) one person in each room and list both room numbers. (We did eat with friends one night - party of 4) but more often it was a family having to stall in line to find someone from the other room with a card.

Someone mentioned fun times and HUB app - our dinner menus were NOT in the Fun Times, or the HUB app. We walked by the dining room each afternoon and read the menu that was posted.

There were a few birthdays celebrated in the MDR - the celebrant got a polka dotted petit four sized dessert with a candle and sung to by a few of the staff. You may want to let the hostess know when you get your beeper if daughter wants the 'fun'. Also one time the DJ announced some birthdays on the Lido deck.