Best Cruise Line for Halloween?

Angelus

I'm a big fan of Halloween. But unfortunately, where I live the attractions are too few and too lame. I've been looking through travel options, that include fun halloween themed attractions, for me and my sisters. (We're all in our 30s, and love halloween) I've read several posts here about cruises, but not much specifics.

For those of you that have been on Halloween cruises before.

Which cruise line is the best when it comes to celebrating Halloween???

What did they do specifically??? (Themed itinerary?/dinner menu?/drinks?/decorations?/costumes?/haunted attractions?/movies?)

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I went on a Halloween cruise 2 years ago on Carnival Dream, it was a lot of fun and lots of people dressed up and partied. But no themed dinners for Halloween on that ship. This Halloween I'll be on a western Mediterranean cruise, I'll bring a costume in hopes of a party, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high... :p

• 1 month later...
Disney does Halloween right! They have multiple Halloween themed cruises during September and October.

Thanks! I read about how good their parties are. And they celebrate it more than anyone else. In Sept and Oct.

But we're not traveling with any kids. So we'll kinda feel out of place on a disney cruise.

Disney!

No need to feel out of place on a Disney ship with no kids. There are a lot of adults who cruise Disney without kids, including us!

Disney has a different Halloween tree for each ship. They do Halloween storytelling, and the decorations on the tree "magically" appear over the course of the cruise. A lot of people dress up, and they go all out on the costumes. There are special activities for adults, as well as for kids, and Halloween themed movies shown throughout the cruise. The characters even appeared in their Halloween costumes. I don't recall, though, if there were any special menu items....

Two of the Disney cruises we have been on have been Halloween cruises. I was afraid at first that it might be a bit too much, or interfere with normal cruise activities, but my fears were unfounded. I thought the balance between Halloween and regular cruise activities was just right.

• 4 weeks later...

I would find a cruise that is out of Tampa or Port Canaveral. Spend the day or so before at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. Pay the extra cash and get the line jumper pass-whatever it's called. One of my favorite Halloween activities in the USA.

Already done!

We booked on the NCL Escape for the week of Halloween. (Bringing costumes)

During the week before, we're splitting it between Key West's Halloween festival 'Fantasy Fest', and Universal's 'Halloween Horror Nights'.

That trip is packed to the rim! I can't wait.

I would find a cruise that is out of Tampa or Port Canaveral. Spend the day or so before at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. Pay the extra cash and get the line jumper pass-whatever it's called. One of my favorite Halloween activities in the USA.

• 5 months later...