"Im Breezy" an 8day Southern Caribbean Carnival Breeze trip report w/lots of pics

anewmac

If you catch the title you will know I'm a big Friends fan.. you can name which episode "Im Breezy" is from leave a comment LOL. (my friends *the real ones* on fb try to stump each other all the time)

Anyhow I have done a few trip reports in the past, for our 2008 Disney Magic and 2011 Carnival Freedom cruise. They are on another site, so if you would like to read those, message me and I will be happy to send you those links.

I think it's important to know who your writer is. Helps paint a better picture when telling a story. Especially when its such a personal journey, I give more of a what we did, rather then just a blank review. 1st off let me tell you why I write trip reports,

~I love retelling our vacation, I get to relive the fun times, or not so fun.

~Its a way of paying back my debt to society for all the reports I read leading up to my time to cruise!

~This is a great form of expression and I love to write but don't have nearly enough time to do it anymore.

But a bit of warning on #3, I love writing but my grammar and spelling are lacking. Thanks to spell check its not as bad but don't expect New York best seller here. Also it's a trip report flooded with pics. Pictures that are of us, the ship, our excursions, people we cruised with, etc. Again a word of warning, I'm not a professional by any means in that area, and novice is still being polite. Oh FYI I overuse computer lingo ie. LOL, YOLO, #hashtags etc. But if your ok with all that settle on in because I guarantee it to be a fun filled report sure to make you laugh. I keep it real!

Now allow me to introduce my cast of characters

20141231_201630.jpg

I am Andrea- Mom to 2 boys, Wife to a US Marine. My everyday job I do Sales for Workers Comp. But I suffer from a case of OCVP (Obsessive Compulsive Vacation Planning)

Hubby - Elbert (aka E) US Marine, easy going laid back kind of guy... enjoys napping

Son #1- Phoenix (aka P) age 16, seems to have headphones permanently embedded in his ears. The "whatever" kid.

Son #2- Justice (aka J) age 12, the ipod doesn't seem to leave his hands. The "ok" kid.

Now some info on the cruise we chose and for that matter why we chose it. We had just got back from a week at an all inclusive in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in June 2014. As much as we enjoyed our time there, we just realized we enjoy cruising more and seeing new places and not just being stuck in the same place for a week. So off I set to find our next adventure. Hubby likes to cruise for the ports, the kids for the ship and me a bit of both.

We have previously done a 3day RCCL on the West Coast. The ports on the East Coast didn't impress us, even though the ships did (Oasis & Allure). As much as we LOVED our Disney cruise, that Rat is just too expensive for when we are able to take off. So Carnival it was again, we did the Freedom in 2011 and really enjoyed it. I was hoping to jump on the newest ship the Breeze as I knew the boys would love all that she offered. Low and Behold we found....

Carnival Breeze 8 Day Southern Cruise

IMG_7444.JPG

Saturday, March 28- Miami, Fl leave at 4pm

Sunday, March 29- Fun Day at Sea

Monday, March 30- Grand Turk 7- 2pm

Tuesday, March 31- La Romona 9-5pm

Wednesday, April 1- Curacao 2-11pm

Thursday, April 2- Aruba 8-4pm

Friday, April 3- Fun Day at Sea

Saturday, April 4- Fun Day at Sea

Sunday, April 5- Get kicked off the boat back in Miami for Easter

With it being Easter week, airfare was crazy, so we figured since we have never been to Miami before lets go down 2days before and explore, in exchange for a bit cheaper airfar. Get the most bang for our buck!

Next Up: Fly me to the moon... well just Miami.

PS.. I try and post as quickly as I, can but unfortunately being back to reality doesn't leave much time. In between work, kids, and all their activities, along with getting back to the gym to lose the 10lbs I gained on this trip. Im hoping to post twice a week, but bare with me and hang in there, I swear it will be worth the wait... or at least I think so LOL!

Edited by anewmac

Looking forward to your review. We just did these exact same ports on the Conquest in March. Awesome itinerary! Would love to try the Breeze sometime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by TeresaJ

Looking forward to your review. We just did these exact same ports on the Conquest in March. Awesome itinerary! Would love to try the Breeze sometime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

How did you like the Conquest, we are looking to book either that or the Breeze again due to the itinerary, different from this one.

I can't wait to read more. Good reviews with good pics are what make me happy! That being said, I would love to get to read your other reviews.

Looking forward to seeing more of this one.

Send me an email and I will forward you the links to the Disney Magic, and Carnival Freedom post... my email is anewmac@gmail.com I forgot you cant personal message on this forum. hope its ok to put my email out?

Looking forward to your review! I loved this itin. and am a big fan of photos :)

Cant say they will be the best photo's somehow my camera gets drunk easy? LOL

Was on the ship with you! Cant wait for your view!

Aww are you as depressed as me. I miss our ship LOL.

Can't wait to read your review, your family looks nice [emoji572]️

Looks can be decseving.... wait till elegant night its always a fun filled mommy need a bottle of wine kind of night.

Subscribing , looking forward to reading your review!

Thanks for following, hope you still feel that way at the end

Oh I am so looking forward to this!!! You're going to help me count down to my 8 day southern on the Breeze in January!!!

Hey I might be done by then too LOL. Thats a forwarning.

On the "Friends" note- Monica leaving a voice message. Joey: You can't say you're breezy!

On the Breeze in Feb.... I will be "on a break" :p:rolleyes:;)

Winna Winna, no chicken dinna, you have to drink the fat LOL.

Oh and we are SOOOO OVER! :)

Bring it on!:D

Im trying next post up soon

Following [emoji4]

Welcome, glad ya joined!

Oh man, I love Friends. It's exactly what I thought of when I read the title.

"What a cool job! You have two new messages. Please pass the pie."

HA love it, .... OLD OR NEW? OLD OR NEW?

Fun review. We [emoji171] the Breeze!

Currently planning our third cruise on her. This one will be an extended family cruise on the Breeze in September of 2016.

How do you like cruising on the same ship. We are going back and forth between booking next years either on the Breeze or the Conquest, same itin, but not sure how I feel about doing the same ship?

WILL BE VERY INTERESTED IN YOUR "MIAMI NOTES". My family and I are going down the day before the cruise to sight see. Would love to know some "Don't Miss Things"!

Thank you for writing!

Miami coming up soon, aww and my pleasure to write I really enjoy it.

Yay!! I'm in!

glad you made it LOL

Edited by anewmac

We had been counting down till this cruise since booking in June, and finally on Wed. March 25th at 5pm I did the Happy Dance! I left work skipping, headed home to meet up with the boys. They were all packed and ready to go when I got there. We loaded up the car, and got on the road.... to then turn around 10mins later as P (oldest son) forgot his waterproof case for his phone (and god forbid we not have it protected.... note my sarcasm lol). So we turn around, almost get home and he finds it... in his pocket. :: FACEPALM::

So instead of eating near or at the airport, we just pulled into a local place to eat now... in case we remembered anything else that we forgot to pack. (Which here is where I wish I would have an epiphany to remember my battery charger for my camera.... but didnt)

After we all were fed, we hopped back on the road for the hour and a half drive to LAX (Los Angeles Airport).

IMG_20150325_235404.png

We made really good time, thanks to it being late evening which means no traffic in LA. I found an online deal for parking and pulled into our spot and waited for the shuttle.. now we were getting a little anxious as it was getting close to the wire. Spent half as much as the normal price, which I know exactly where I can put that other $90 I saved... oh waiter LOL

Screenshot_2015-03-25-21-22-09.png

Finally the shuttle comes and drops us and another family off. We go to check our luggage and the time has already passed and its now closed.. this is no bueno. So we fine a nice lil ol lady and tell her the issue and she hops behind the booth and gets our luggage all checked in, then tells us to run as they are already boarding... what its early? I didnt get any updates by email or text. Maybe my phone was on island time already...?

IMG_20150325_213329.jpg

We book it and get to security and have to hustle the TSA agent as he's flirting with the chick in front of us. Hubby is nice and speaks up, says our flight is early and apparently were late now, can we go ahead of you, and she allows us. (probably to keep flirting with Mr TSA agent).

Make it thru security up the escalators around the bend, to see.... a line at our gate and it NOT moving. They had just started boarding and then an issue with the computer system put it on pause. 30mins later we were in our seats, finally heading to Houston. Sweet dreams boys, this was the 1st time in a LONG time we flew United (1st for the boys) and they were shocked they gave out blankets, heck I was still shocked too.

Once in Houston we had a 2.hour layover to explore, so we got some breakfast. Hubby went shopping for Cowboy gear (he's originally from Texas), boys and I charged our phones for the next leg. Hello GW

20150326_063726.jpg

Boarded the flight for our final destination... MIAMI! ... well Ft. Lauderdale LOL. This man never leaves... lol

2015-03-26%2B11.28.42.jpg

Once we landed we went to get our car rental. One of the gals on our cruise thread works for a rental company and hooked us up with a great deal for a full size. When we got to the counter, the gal there hooked us up with a SUV! Cant beat that!

Loaded the car up and off we went to do an Everglades tour. The boys have always wanted to do that, so I found a Groupon and off we went.

Screenshot_2015-03-25-10-26-08.png

Next Up: See Ya Later Alligator!

I don't know the name of the episode per se but do know the episode. It is the one where Ross is going to "drink the fat". It is also the one where Phoebe gets a big hummus stain on her dress and puts on a huge Christmas bow to cover it up.

Great start and I love a planner who is all about saving the money!! Keep it coming!!