Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Just recently retired and I’m looking for a project to keep me out of my DW way.

It seems to me that the obstructed view cabins have a lot of people wondering what they should expect and rightly so.

I know there is a tread that lists a lot of info about obstructed view cabins but I’m wondering if it would be useful to have something similar as they have on the HAL forum where you can check out a lot of cabins.

The only thing I would change is that this tread would only be for obstructed view cabins.

To get things started I have compiled pictures (good ones and bad ones) of cabins with obstructed view from most of the Princess fleet. I downloaded those pictures mainly from CC treads but also from other sites on the internet. However, I like to know if I’m breaking any rules by posting those pictures.

As far as I know, whatever is available on line is public domain but I could be wrong.

Anybody care to give me some info.

Also like to know what our moderator’s view is on this.

Theo

Would really love to have that in an organized way where you could search for the cabin number. I will add to your picture collection in Jan for Star E405 and in Oct. for Diamond E416. Of course if I hate the first room might have to switch for the next cruise. Could you also have a guide to which ships are sisters or half sisters so that comparisons were easier?

I see room pictures here all the time and so can't think there would be a problem but I have been wrong a few times before:p Double post here on Princess and on Cabin selection tips if you are doing so much work! TIA

As of now I have the following;

Sister ships: Caribbean—Crown—Emerald—Ruby. (60 pictures for each ship)

Sister ships: Diamond—Sapphire. (52 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Golden—Grand—Star. (90 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Dawn—Sea—Sun. (0 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Coral—Island. (2 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Ocean—Pacific. (0 pictures of each ship)

And of course the new Royal Princess. (no pictures available yet)

As the Port side is 99.9% identical to the Starboard side on all the ships it makes sense to only post the pictures of either side although I do have them for both sides.

I like to say thank you to a lot of people that posted pictures before but like to mention especially “KOOLJAMMING” who apparently ran down some hallways to take a lot of pictures.

Disclaimer; Although I try to be as accurate as possible there is no 100% guaranty what you see is what you get.

Theo

Theo - This is amazing!! I have been assembling exactly the same sort of compilation for Princess Grand Class ships from pictures and descriptions posted here on CC.

I've been putting them all together in an excel spreadsheet for organization. I was planning to save it as a jpg image and post it. I figured re-posting things from here on CC would be OK - similar to quoting from others' posts....

I'd be glad to send you the spreadsheet and let you incorporate it (or not) into your Project. (It's a 6MB file) No use both of us doing the same thing.... :D Let me know your e-mail address if you're interested.

Theo, this is a great idea. My photos are on the other thread - E414 on the Crown. These were actually taken on the Ruby, which is the sister ship, so I trust that they are accurate.

I'll search for that tread unless you can link me to it.

I think this is a great idea, especially if they can make it a sticky, so it is always at the top.

That would be nice. Any idea how to go about that?

Theo - This is amazing!! I have been assembling exactly the same sort of compilation for Princess Grand Class ships from pictures and descriptions posted here on CC.

I've been putting them all together in an excel spreadsheet for organization. I was planning to save it as a jpg image and post it. I figured re-posting things from here on CC would be OK - similar to quoting from others' posts....

I'd be glad to send you the spreadsheet and let you incorporate it (or not) into your Project. (It's a 6MB file) No use both of us doing the same thing.... :D Let me know your e-mail address if you're interested.

I'm interested. My email is; theog99 at telus dot net. (I think this is the way we supposed to give email addresses).

Theo

There is a website called cruisedeckplans.com (also samesite at cruisestateroom.com) that has a lot of photos of cabins for all the major cruiselines/ships.

Thanks for the input, I'll have a look at it.

My object is to show just the obstructed view cabins because that what seems to interest people the most.

Theo

There is a website called cruisedeckplans.com (also samesite at cruisestateroom.com) that has a lot of photos of cabins for all the major cruiselines/ships.

I had a quick look at it and if I'm not mistaken you have to become a "paying" member to look at the pictures.

What I'm trying to do is make it free for everybody to look at the pictures like they have on the HAL forum.

Theo

• Like 1

I think this is a wonderful idea! I have looked at some of the other threads, and have wished there was a way to organize the pics. Would love to see your pics. Are they available to see yet? If so where do I go to find them? Thanks so much for your time consuming work!!:D:D

I think this is a wonderful idea! I have looked at some of the other threads, and have wished there was a way to organize the pics. Would love to see your pics. Are they available to see yet? If so where do I go to find them? Thanks so much for your time consuming work!!:D:D

I hope to have it up and running within the next few weeks. As you say, it's time consuming.

In the meantime it would be nice if people have pictures available to send to me (see email address below). Please remember that I only like to have pictures that show the view "FROM" obstructed view cabins.

Theo

theog99 at telus dot net

Hope that you are getting some photos up and then we can keep it floating to the top. In a little over 4 hours today this slipped to page 2. Bump it up so others can see. I really want to see Star E405 as that is what I have or Diamond E416 which is 16 days in Oct. 2012.

Hope that you are getting some photos up and then we can keep it floating to the top. In a little over 4 hours today this slipped to page 2. Bump it up so others can see. I really want to see Star E405 as that is what I have or Diamond E416 which is 16 days in Oct. 2012.

Here is E405, this picture is from one of the Grand Class ships.

The Star is a Grand Class ship. Sorry for the small image but better than nothing.

[ATTACH]209808[/ATTACH]

Here is E416, this is from either the Diamond or the Sapphire which are sister ships.

[ATTACH]209809[/ATTACH]

Theo

Sister ships: Dawn—Sea—Sun. (0 pictures of each ship)

Theo

Great idea Theo

:( I'm booked in D326 on Sea Princess in 3 weeks. I can't imagine that no one has taken pics of the OV cabins on any Sun class ships, so I really hope the pax that have can post some soon.

We can't change cabins as we need a wheelchair one but would like to see what we're getting so we'll be prepeared for what it's like.

Here are larger shots of the view from Diamond cabin E416 and port side cabin E406 which we had on our Golden cruise. The second shot should be very similar to it's sister ship Star E405 view other than it is a reversed or mirror view being that cabin E405 is on the opposite (starboard) side of the ship. Sorry but I don't have an actual shot of the view from Star E405.

Diamond E416

url]

Golden E406

attachment.php?attachmentid=209419&d=1318602995

Edited by robtulipe

Here are larger shots of the view from Diamond cabin E416 and port side cabin E406 which we had on our Golden cruise. The second shot should be very similar to it's sister ship Star E405 view other than it is a reversed or mirror view being that cabin E405 is on the opposite (starboard) side of the ship. Sorry but I don't have an actual shot of the view from Star E405.

Diamond E416

url]

Golden E406

attachment.php?attachmentid=209419&d=1318602995

Thanks again, I'll add them to my collection.

Theo

Thanks again, I'll add them to my collection.

Theo

On the E406 picture what was the object outside the window? It looks almost like a ladder or deck. Do you remember exactly what it was? Thanks -- hoping that it isn't too much as that's my home around the Horn!

Edited by Bowie MeMe

On the E406 picture what was the object outside the window? It looks almost like a ladder or deck. Do you remember exactly what it was? Thanks -- hoping that it isn't too much as that's my home around the Horn!

Here is a little bit larger picture. The stuff in the background is actualy part of the Terminal buildings. You should have a pretty decent view.

Theo

[ATTACH]209886[/ATTACH]

Edited by Renmar
Forgot picture

Sister ships: Caribbean—Crown—Emerald—Ruby. (60 pictures for each ship)

. . . Theo

Actually, the CB does not have the same layout as the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. She's a one off. FYI.

As someone who almost always books obstructed view cabins, I think this is a great idea. Thanks for doing this! I wish I had some photos to pass on, but I promise to take some on future cruises.

It is a service platform that allow the maintenance staff access to that area .