Oceanview Balcony on Deck Six Allure

I recently booked cabin 6636 on Allure of the Seas. This was before I noticed the position of the life boats. Now I'm pretty sure that the view from a balcony on deck 6 is going to be obstructed by a row of life boats. Can anyone confirm if this is so?

Most likely the lifeboat will be right below you (disclaimer that I have not looked up that specific cabin; only know from past cruises). Personally I would check into moving up one deck.... Just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just on Oasis, cabin 6130. I was all the way forward past the life boats. Your view out will not be obstructed, but your view directly down is likely to be obstructed.

That what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info. :)

We had 6636 when we did Allure. Since the Cabin is on the hump, I don't think there is a life boat below you. Sorry, I just don't remember.

We did love the cabin and the location. So much so that we booked 6236 (same cabin but port side) on the Oasis.

We were on the Oasis in 6154 a few years back and while the lifeboats are below you they are about 2/3's of the way recessed (under you) so only a 1/3 is visible if you are looking straight down. Hope that makes sense;we loved the location btw:)

We are booked in 6278....now I'm worried. We paid a lot for this cabin. Wouldn't RCCL have to disclose it on the web site if the view was obstructed?

Only if the view out is obstructed. If you can't see straight down, it is not considered obstructed.

I recently booked cabin 6636 on Allure of the Seas. This was before I noticed the position of the life boats. Now I'm pretty sure that the view from a balcony on deck 6 is going to be obstructed by a row of life boats. Can anyone confirm if this is so?

You will be fine. We had 6640 on Oasis last year which would be right next door to 6636...view was NOT obstructed by lifeboats.

We were in 6640 on Allure. If you lean over the railing and look directly down, you will see a portion of the lifeboats (maybe about a third of it), as they are tucked a bit underneath due to these cabins being on the hump.

We loved this cabins location, and would book it again in a heartbeat.

• 2 years later...
I was just on Oasis, cabin 6130. I was all the way forward past the life boats. Your view out will not be obstructed, but your view directly down is likely to be obstructed.

Im worried you say the view is obstructed looking down. That is most important to me (looking down into water). Also can you tell me if your bed was by the balcony?

It's not a big deal. While our cabin did not have lifeboat directly underneath, the next cabin back did and this is looking back that direction.

We are sailing on her again next year...on the same deck, 6, because we like the convenience to the promenade and such. But there will be a lifeboat below us this next time and we are not concerned.

IMG_20160606_091805362small.jpg.a56636241bba5e327113109fad8833f6.jpg

Edited by griz

Thanks for the helpful responses. Personally I want a totally unobstucted view straight down into the water but I can see how the lifeboats don't obstruct terribly.

Merion_Mom, obviously the same people from 2 years ago don't need answers but those of us who have yet to sail could benefit from their responses. Yours was not helpful.

• 11 months later...
I agree with the other posts...we had 6236 and our friends had 6636 and 6632 on Oasis. None of us had obstructed views. Have a great cruise. :o

We are right by here in 6320 in April. Did you like the location? How was the noise?

• 1 month later...