toiletries in staterooms

In regular staterooms, small bars of soap plus the mystery liquid in the showers. Suites get small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion - maybe cotton swabs, can't remember. Regardless, we bring our own. But this is nothing new - I can't remember them ever having anything else.

It's been a while since I cruised on Royal but I remember a lot of neat little items in a cute wicker basket. Shampoo, body wash, lotion, toothpaste, Excedrin, Razor, Qtips, etc. I can't remember everything but I know it was a nice display. :D

I guess our cruise in December will be without any of these things. :(

It's been a while since I cruised on Royal but I remember a lot of neat little items in a cute wicker basket. Shampoo, body wash, lotion, toothpaste, Excedrin, Razor, Qtips, etc. I can't remember everything but I know it was a nice display. :D

I guess our cruise in December will be without any of these things. :(

Are you sure you were not on Carnival? They still give a very small amount of samples in the basket.

I know with D+ we get toiletries on every cruise. I still bring my own and just bring the toiletries home with me. Give them to my mom and she gives them to the VA homeless shelter.

Love that your mom gives them to the VA homeless shelter. There are many charitable organizations that use those small size toiletries to off set expenses. We like to give the ones we get to the Shrine Children's Hospitals.

IMO it is a pity and pretty cheap if the toiletries are no longer supplied. I cannot stand those squeeze things in the shower. It reminds me of a real budget (as in "dodgy" hotel. I always look forward to checking out the toiletries in the bathroom (sad I know but I bet there are others like me). It's an indication of RCI cutting back. I suppose this also includes not supplying the cotton balls and ear buds as well. We are on Radiance in November to see what we think of the ship and the line in general so this doesn't sound good. Even Princess in Australia which we thought was pretty ordinary supplied toiletries. :(

Are you sure you were not on Carnival? They still give a very small amount of samples in the basket.

Sorry, you are wrong. Just got off of of the Carnival Conquest and they had a little bowl with all kinds of toiletries in it. It was very nice. I too though take them and give to charity as I bring all my own stuff.

I must say I was very surprised not to find ANYTHING in our bathroom when checking in on the Brilliance. Cruise was 10 nights and very expensive. Not even a teenie-weenie bottle of bodywash or lotion...

That's one point for Carnival...:D

Love that your mom gives them to the VA homeless shelter. There are many charitable organizations that use those small size toiletries to off set expenses. We like to give the ones we get to the Shrine Children's Hospitals.

I save our toiletries anywhere we go. I put them in a bag and when we fly home for Thanksgiving on SW, I take them with me and give them to mom. The VA homeless shelter so appreciates them. I won'tuse them, but they give them to me, so no reason not to save them and take them to WI and give them to mom to take to the shelter.

I must say I was very surprised not to find ANYTHING in our bathroom when checking in on the Brilliance. Cruise was 10 nights and very expensive. Not even a teenie-weenie bottle of bodywash or lotion...

That's one point for Carnival...:D

Honestly, to me it does not matter. I won't use their stuff anyway, I always take my own. We used to just leave it until mom told me about the homeless shelter thing. Now I throw them in my suitcase and take them homne so she can give them to the shelter

I save our toiletries anywhere we go. I put them in a bag and when we fly home for Thanksgiving on SW, I take them with me and give them to mom. The VA homeless shelter so appreciates them. I won'tuse them, but they give them to me, so no reason not to save them and take them to WI and give them to mom to take to the shelter.

That's a good idea

We had nothing on Enchantment a couple of years ago, except the soap/shampoo on the shower wall & hand soap. Not expecting to get anything on my upcoming Oasis. Carnival still has an amenity basket - that's where I get my disposable razors for travel, as DH doesn't use his. I save it for when I sail RC.

Sorry, you are wrong. Just got off of of the Carnival Conquest and they had a little bowl with all kinds of toiletries in it. It was very nice. I too though take them and give to charity as I bring all my own stuff.

Not all ships give the same samples. We were on the Glory in June and again in July and only got a few samples in the foil packages. No razors or lotions. I asked for some and was told they did not have any. So I am not wrong-----Just that not all ships give out the same items,just depends on what they have.:)

Archived