So... how's that HSB Shuttle working out?

alligeek

We'll be back in Bermuda in a few weeks :D for one day :( and planning to hit the south shore beaches (probably HSB). From reading CC, it sounds like there are mixed reviews about the shuttles.

Has anyone been there recently (or lucky enough to be there now) who can give us an update on the shuttle situation? Is a cab a better option? We've even considered taking a ferry to Hamilton and bussing over to HSB, but that seems pretty time consuming.

Thanks!

We'll be back in Bermuda in a few weeks :D for one day :( and planning to hit the south shore beaches (probably HSB). From reading CC, it sounds like there are mixed reviews about the shuttles.

Has anyone been there recently (or lucky enough to be there now) who can give us an update on the shuttle situation? Is a cab a better option? We've even considered taking a ferry to Hamilton and bussing over to HSB, but that seems pretty time consuming.

Thanks!

Can't really tell yet all cruise ships were diverted from Bermuda due to the storm .

Bermuda cruise ship docks are empty . :(

The shuttle service is getting better but they still have some things to work out.

Eff Sept. 7th two vessels will be positioning to do the Canada/New England cruises so most days you will find only one vessel in port until the close of the season.

You should be okay with the shuttle but if you feel better taking a taxi or the bus either option will be fine. Just remember the 7 bus will make standard stops along the route and will drop you at the entrance of the beach on South Shore Road.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, let me know.

Your New Bermuda Friend

I thought transportation on the #7 bus to the beaches had been discontinued and that only locals could ride them. $16 roundtrip on a shuttle to the beaches is too much especially for families. What would a taxi cost for 4 or 7? You always give such good information, thank you.

I thought transportation on the #7 bus to the beaches had been discontinued and that only locals could ride them. $16 roundtrip on a shuttle to the beaches is too much especially for families. What would a taxi cost for 4 or 7? You always give such good information, thank you.

The bus still operates however it operates according to the scheduled times. I can not remember if it is in effect or not but the buses would leave the Dockyard with space so that they do not bypass those at the bus stops along the routes. It has been a challenge for the bus service to be there to accommodate the cruise passengers and the locals too.

A taxi to the Horseshoe Bay to the beach would cost you around $35.00 and Sunday's are additional. Let me know what day you're arriving.

If you have other Bermuda questions, let me know.

Your New Bermuda Friend

The "Special" pink bus to Horseshoe Bay was back in service as of last Sunday.

I was on the Vision, but they were loading at five minute intervals shortly after the Norwegian Gem docked.

Was there a long line to ride the bus? Thanks.

Was there a long line to ride the bus? Thanks.

I did not see a long line.

The bus has 40 to 50 seats (you had to sit, they would not let any tourist stand; on the regular #7 bus, you were allowed to stand if the bus was nearly full)

If you didn't get on the bus that was loading, you would get on the next, so there would be less than 80 waiting at any given time.

At Dockyard, I saw three buses arrive in a five minute span, shortly after the Norwegian ship docked, but I don't know if the interval increased as the demand lessened later. I also don't know what the wait time was like returning from Horseshoe Bay.

Hope this helps.

P.S. It is just as easy to take the regular #7 bus if the need arose.

Edited by Libra_Critic

We've even considered taking a ferry to Hamilton and bussing over to HSB, but that seems pretty time consuming.

We did that twice last week. It took us about 50 minutes to get to HSB, versus the roughly 40 minutes to get back from HSB when we took #7 back to the Dockyard, so not too much longer if you time it right. We sailed to Bermuda on 8/15, so there was only one group of cruisers who had reported back since the change had been enacted on 8/4, so we didn't want to bother with the new shuttles...and since we are a family of five, wanted to make use of the transportation passes.

I did not see a long line.

The bus has 40 to 50 seats (you had to sit, they would not let any tourist stand; on the regular #7 bus, you were allowed to stand if the bus was nearly full)

If you didn't get on the bus that was loading, you would get on the next, so there would be less than 80 waiting at any given time.

At Dockyard, I saw three buses arrive in a five minute span, shortly after the Norwegian ship docked, but I don't know if the interval increased as the demand lessened later. I also don't know what the wait time was like returning from Horseshoe Bay.

Hope this helps.

P.S. It is just as easy to take the regular #7 bus if the need arose.

Thank you so much. That's very good news! :)

We'll be in Bermuda on Sep 3-5. Our first choice is to take the bus to Horseshoe Bay, so we will try this out first.

Thanks everyone for all your help! I will let you all know how things worked out.

Thank you so much. That's very good news! :)

We'll be in Bermuda on Sep 3-5. Our first choice is to take the bus to Horseshoe Bay, so we will try this out first.

Thanks everyone for all your help! I will let you all know how things worked out.

Its been a long time since I have travelled to Bermuda.

Not since the St. George's days.

What is this bus you speak of?

Is it separate from the bus system?

Thanks

Its been a long time since I have travelled to Bermuda.

Not since the St. George's days.

What is this bus you speak of?

Is it separate from the bus system?

Thanks

From the Dockyard to Horseshoe By Beach :

Bus #7 ( regular public transit bus ) is 4$ each way

Shuttle ( new service implanted about 1 month ago, it's a 40 passenger bus ) 16$ round trip

Taxi ( widely available ) is about 35$ for up to 4 passengers, or about 44$ for 5 to 7 passengers.

The bus still operates however it operates according to the scheduled times. I can not remember if it is in effect or not but the buses would leave the Dockyard with space so that they do not bypass those at the bus stops along the routes. It has been a challenge for the bus service to be there to accommodate the cruise passengers and the locals too.

A taxi to the Horseshoe Bay to the beach would cost you around $35.00 and Sunday's are additional. Let me know what day you're arriving.

If you have other Bermuda questions, let me know.

Your New Bermuda Friend

TY... I'm Following this thread.

The new shuttle service is via mini bus, likely 15-20 passenger capacity. It's the standard public bus service that has 40 passenger capacity vehicles.

As per BIU president Chris Furbert, the regular bus carry 60 to 70 person. I knew the shuttle were smaller...and I thought I read somewhere it was close to 40 for the shuttle :(

As per BIU president Chris Furbert, the regular bus carry 60 to 70 person. I knew the shuttle were smaller...and I thought I read somewhere it was close to 40 for the shuttle :(

60 counting standees. There are about 40 seats on Bermuda's public buses. They're custom built to Bermuda's specs because the roads can't accommodate larger vehicles.

Seems the bus is a better value when you have a large party in your group.

Where does the #7 bus leave from?

Hamilton's main depot and Dockyard there is also a Barnes Corner #7 make sure you get the right one back to Dockyard . Blue poles at the roadside stop is for inbound to Hamilton . Pink poles for outbound . ( Me Thinks)

Edited by biker@sea

Hamilton's main depot and Dockyard there is also a Barnes Corner #7 make sure you get the right one back to Dockyard . Blue poles at the roadside stop is for inbound to Hamilton . Pink poles for outbound . ( Me Thinks)

I copied this from the Bermuda bus schedule web site

"A pole may be pink or blue in color. If the pole is pink, the bus you will get is returning to Hamilton City at the central bus terminal near City Hall. If the pole is blue, the bus is going out of Hamilton to other destinations. The buses have the final destination displayed in front of them so that you know where the bus is going. ."

"A pole may be pink or blue in color. If the pole is pink, the bus you will get is returning to Hamilton City at the central bus terminal near City Hall. If the pole is blue, the bus is going out of Hamilton to other destinations. The buses have the final destination displayed in front of them so that you know where the bus is going. ."

I find an easy way to remember is pink pole means inbound to Hamilton.

Thanks !!

Ya think I would have figured it out by now .:o

The new shuttle service is via mini bus, likely 15-20 passenger capacity. It's the standard public bus service that has 40 passenger capacity vehicles.

Just to confirm, there's a recent post on the NCL board stating that the shuttle the poster took to Horseshoe Bay had a capacity of about 15 passengers.

Hi everyone! Went to Bermuda for the first time.

We went to Horseshoe Bay last Sept 3. Took the #7 bus from the dockyard w/o any problem. Going back to the ship we took the bus with the sign "special". Two "special" buses arrived around 3pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums