For Kruzseeka

Hi Kruzseeka, thanks for your input on P&O board ;) I was bit frightened to ask anything on there after I read the thread on taking food off the ship. Blimey, I bet the poor OP wished they hadn't asked :D Hope the people who go on P&O ships are not like that :eek:

Anyway, I looked at the Celebration itinerary and it is not the week I was looking at that has the short stays in Bonaire and Grenada. (We have been to both) The cruise starting on the 22nd Feb has good long stays, the earliest departure being 5pm, but most of them 6pm or later. Pricing up Celebration, Ventura and Azura, they all work out the same for a basic outside cabin.

Celebration has 11 ports, including two new ones (St Barths and Guadeloupe).

Azura has 9 ports and, weirdly, has one sea day the first week and 3 the next with no new islands.

Ventura also has 9 ports and has two sea days each week and one new island (Grand Turk)

So Celebration looks the best BUT I want to try P&O and they do have more modern ships with nice big windows and they do tend to have better late deals than Thomson!

Decisions, Decisions :rolleyes:

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Hi Kruzseeka, thanks for your input on P&O board ;) I was bit frightened to ask anything on there after I read the thread on taking food off the ship. Blimey, I bet the poor OP wished they hadn't asked. Hope the people who go on P&O ships are not like that :eek:

Anyway, I looked at the Celebration itinerary and it is not the week I was looking at that has the short stays in Bonaire and Grenada. (We have been to both) The cruise starting on the 22nd Feb has good long stays, the earliest departure being 5pm, but most of them 6pm or later. Pricing up Celebration, Ventura and Azura, they all work out the same for a basic outside cabin.

Celebration has 11 ports, including two new ones (St Barths and Guadeloupe).

Azura has 9 ports and, weirdly, has one sea day the first week and 3 the next with no new islands.

Ventura also has 9 ports and has two sea days each week and one new island (Grand Turk)

So Celebration looks the best BUT I want to try P&O and they do have more modern ships with nice big windows and they do tend to have better late deals than Thomson!

Decisions, Decisions :rolleyes:

I know just what you mean Linda - different vibe from on here. Having said that we haven't felt on board any undercurrents and have been quite comfortable and relaxed. Any reservations I had beforehand were unfounded. In fact it has been much like Thomson.

I can appreciate your dilemma. Itineraries are our primary consideration too. It's all an 'on balance' decision and we weigh up our preferences in terms of itinerary, pricing, experiences of different ships/cruise lines to help - but it's hard deciding on what aspects tip the balance.

That's good that the Celebration sailing date you're looking at isn't the one with the short stops (I was really bothered by the very short stop in Grenada!) but I don't envy you your decision,. Remember too the tips to add on with P&O although to be fair they aren't as bad as some cruise lines and in our heads we deduct what we would typically tip extra on Thomson to give us a realistic comparison. Other costs like drinks, excursions are similar prices (and you don't have to pay to get a steak!!! ) :eek::D

You are right the ships offer more space, variety of areas and, I'd venture to add, better food but then there's the special something we all value on Thomson, the great itineraries and the far superior shows. So it's a tough call. Let me know what you decide. ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

I could have sworn i replied to this topic earlier today but the post has dissappeared. It is either paranoia or i am being 'moderated' without the moderators bothering to tell me they are doing it. :(

Do tell us what you said dave......... sounds as though it might have been........... interesting!? :rolleyes::)

Do tell us what you said dave......... sounds as though it might have been........... interesting!? :rolleyes::)

well it was just something about some passengers on P&O preferring the good old days and a 'faded raj' when britain still had an empire.

:confused::confused::confused:

well it was just something about some passengers on P&O preferring the good old days and a 'faded raj' when britain still had an empire.

:confused::confused::confused:

Ahhh....... Yes there is a hint of that with some posters but I can't say that we've detected that type of attitude amongst the people we've met on board, have you?

Ahhh....... Yes there is a hint of that with some posters but I can't say that we've detected that type of attitude amongst the people we've met on board, have you?

I haven't been on P&O so cannot comment but I am a member of the P&O FB site and there are certainly a few on there with that attitude. Not many posting seem to like Thomson cruises. :eek: makes interesting reading though!

Just looking at P&O cc page again :eek: Apparently there was trouble on the Ventura on the TA. Blamed on tattoed people, "human detritus" and the fact that P&O have been selling last minute cruises at ridiculously low prices :rolleyes:

The attitude of some on there amazes me. It's putting me right of P&O!

I am tempted to post that, in 9 Thomson cruises, I have never seen any trouble :D:D

Hi Linda. I'm having the same quandary as you....whether to stay with Thomson (Celebration) for our Caribbean cruise in Feb or 'jump ship' and go with P&O. We have cruised with Thomson many times and, although the ships are dated, they have more ports of call, less sea days, exceptional entertainment and the food's not bad.....who am I trying to convince! Haven't been on the Celebration for a long time so really have little recollection of it....apart from the judder! Anyway I would be very interested to hear of any progress you make.

They are still arguing about whether you can/should take food ashore over on P&O boards, it is now on it's fourth page!

well...i often take a lunchbox out to the beach with me....cheese gets a bit sweaty!... but ho hum...nevermind... cheese is supposed to be served at an ambient temperature isnt it (dont they know anything on p&o?):rolleyes:

ok so that ambient temperature is about 35 degrees on that fabulous long stretch of golden sand and crystal clear waters and stunning views on jamaica :cool: ..... but hey! beggars cant be choosers?;):D

Just looking at P&O cc page again Apparently there was trouble on the Ventura on the TA. Blamed on tattoed people, "human detritus" and the fact that P&O have been selling last minute cruises at ridiculously low prices :rolleyes:

The attitude of some on there amazes me. It's putting me right of P&O!

I am tempted to post that, in 9 Thomson cruises, I have never seen any trouble :D:D

tattooed persons!... running amok with cruet sets! :eek:....its a dangerous world out there :rolleyes::D

Curiosity has got the better of me now :o, I'm off to take a look.;)

A woman after my own heart, happy v :D always love a bit of intrigue! ;) You have to smile though - the more it goes on the more entrenched opinions become. Oh dear - we very occasionally get a thread on here with, shall we say, rather polarised and robust opinions but this is such a friendly supportive forum I think many others could learn something from it - although I would put money on some posters on other forums finding it very difficult to countenance that anything 'Thomson' is superior to their beloved cruise lines! :rolleyes: (Or that we can manage to be more tolerant and civil in our debates!)

Geo - are they pictures of Ventura or Azura? They do look lovely.