2nd Muster Drill on B2B's

evandbob

First off, I've always attended a muster drill on every cruise I have ever taken, going back to the days when life jackets were worn.

I recently did a same ship B2B, and have another one coming, so here's my question: Is it necessary to attend the 2nd muster drill after having been at the first one on the same ship? Seems redundant.

I'm not sure what I would do during the time the 2nd muster drill takes place if having attended the first one I do get a "pass" on the 2nd. Maybe just read in my cabin, as most everything on board is shut down during the drill.

On a Princess I wasn't required, but was encouraged, to attend the second muster drill.

I went because I changed cabins and needed to know where the new muster station was.

Princess requires you to bring your life jacket, then try it on. I didn't do that part.

First off, I've always attended a muster drill on every cruise I have ever taken, going back to the days when life jackets were worn.

I recently did a same ship B2B, and have another one coming, so here's my question: Is it necessary to attend the 2nd muster drill after having been at the first one on the same ship? Seems redundant.

I'm not sure what I would do during the time the 2nd muster drill takes place if having attended the first one I do get a "pass" on the 2nd. Maybe just read in my cabin, as most everything on board is shut down during the drill.

There is no exceptions to B2B to skip muster. If you remain in your cabin, the stewards who do cabin checks will request you join your station.

We have done two b2bs and have had to attend the muster drill on the second leg for both of them. I asked the steward if we could just stay in the room, but he said we had to go.

I don't mind going anyway. I always feel like the cruise is officially starting as soon as muster is over.

Claudia

Our last cruise the announcement specifically said repeat cruisers and even those on B2B were required to attend muster. They said it every time they announced muster.

The one time we didn't attend muster the room steward put a paper in the room that said they knew we missed muster so here's a copy of emergency procedures. Muster is required by law and they do their best to enforce it.

That is the question.

I have been on several B2B cruises and attended all Muster Drills. I make a game out of it. For example during the first part of the cruise one of the social 20 something's made a comment that he would bestow a gift to anyone who saw him wear his funky sunglasses during the cruise. Well I did not see him in the public areas on the first half, but during the 2nd Muster Drill I zinged him with a spotting of him in those ridiculous glasses and was the proud wearer of some shiny carnivale beads. Se, so I added a bit of fun and "snap" the jobs a game.

Ray

Our last cruise the announcement specifically said repeat cruisers and even those on B2B were required to attend muster. They said it every time they announced muster.

The one time we didn't attend muster the room steward put a paper in the room that said they knew we missed muster so here's a copy of emergency procedures. Muster is required by law and they do their best to enforce it.

There have been instances of people being put off a ship for refusing to attend. The cruise lines have a right to do this.

ONE CASE

ANOTHER

GENERAL RULE

Under maritime law, you are not required to attend the muster drill if you are a transit passenger (B2B) unless you have been on the same ship for 30 consecutive days. If Carnival has a policy that requires one to do so, it is internal and not required by law. On my three B2B Princess sailings this year, I was given instructions the final night of the first segment that muster was not required and if questioned to simply show my transit card.