Who's booked what for 2013/2014?

Host Sharon

Just had confirmation that I have got a single cabin on Oriana for Venice and Dubrovnik for next May, and the Northern Lights cruise on Oriana in March 2014.

Very happy.

Nothing for me. Too little choice (ie. none in some cases) of cruises during school holidays and too expensive. I'd rather not do last minute but it looks like we will have to, and sail with a line other than P&O too if we want to cruise next Easter, as there is absolutely nothing during our school holidays.

Just had confirmation that I have got a single cabin on Oriana for Venice and Dubrovnik for next May, and the Northern Lights cruise on Oriana in March 2014.

Very happy.

We are registered for the Med cruise and await a call on Monday morning to see if we have the cabin we requested.

We already have two booked for 2012/13 but won't be booking anything in advance with all of the offers around at the moment....balconys for 699 etc. We are luckily retired and can go at the drop of a hat.......

Sharon, was the price the same as you were quoted, as I note the prices on the website are now more than the brochure and someone has said when their TA booked it for them it was more expensive.

Yes Jean - it was the same price I was quoted four weeks ago. I might be tempted to wait as well with all the bargains, but I have to book leave at work and more importantly - get a single cabin or pay the supplement.

Caribbean on Azura Feb 2014, first time with a balcony in nearly 30 cruises, we really don't know whether it is worth the extra so there is only one way to find out.

We thought the same but got a balcony cabin last December for such a good price we thought we'd try it. Balcony in the Caribbean, magic! We were lucky enough to get a C deck cabin on Azura too which meant that we had the luxury of a double size balcony :D

Sharon, was the price the same as you were quoted, as I note the prices on the website are now more than the brochure and someone has said when their TA booked it for them it was more expensive.

Something odd going on here!

I booked a summer 2013 cruise on Ventura today via my usual travel agent. The price (for single use of a twin cabin) came to nearly £200 LESS than we had calculated from the brochure. This was done online. She said that they had received a price list from P&O showing lower fares than the brochure and that the price quoted was consistent with that. Someone (at P&O?) had suggested that the lower price only applied to online booking via the P&O booking system and that the higher brochure price would apply to telephone bookings, including those from travel agents.

It all seems very strange. Has anyone else been given a lower price than the brochure? I also got £100 OBC.

Something odd going on here!

I booked a summer 2013 cruise on Ventura today via my usual travel agent. The price (for single use of a twin cabin) came to nearly £200 LESS than we had calculated from the brochure. This was done online. She said that they had received a price list from P&O showing lower fares than the brochure and that the price quoted was consistent with that. Someone (at P&O?) had suggested that the lower price only applied to online booking via the P&O booking system and that the higher brochure price would apply to telephone bookings, including those from travel agents.

It all seems very strange. Has anyone else been given a lower price than the brochure? I also got £100 OBC.

Interesting!

I won't be booking until May and have had a look at the Celebrity, Princess and Thomson brochures first.

Bet the cheap deals have all gone by then :(

Already have a Californian Coastal booked for May '13 with Princess. Glad cos nothing grabs me with P&O really.

Anyway, if it did would wait til last minute after our experience this year when we booked our Fjords cruise really early. Our friends booked much later, no problem getting cabin AND free coach travel AND more obc!!

Don't rely on the online price. I suspect it isn't showing the 10% anniversary discount or the 5% early booking discount. Your TA or P&O themselves should quote the correct prices.

I've booked on-line this morning for 14 nights on Ventura to the W Med in June 2013. We've got the cabin we want (C deck mid-ships, sort-of - a cabin we've had before), the dining arrangements we want, free car-parking, and even £100 OBC each. So we're happily sorted.

Archived