Tickets / Reservations on Epic

faith4keep

Just curious if any solo cruisers took advantage of the 45-day advance booking for some of the shows on Epic? The ship's entertainment is a main highlight for me and I don't want to miss anything, but I'm concerned I'll book a show for a night and make friends with other solo cruisers and they are going a different night...etc. Should I book in advance?

Just curious if any solo cruisers took advantage of the 45-day advance booking for some of the shows on Epic? The ship's entertainment is a main highlight for me and I don't want to miss anything, but I'm concerned I'll book a show for a night and make friends with other solo cruisers and they are going a different night...etc. Should I book in advance?

I also booked an Epic solo cruise for 3/16. I wondered the same thing. I'm going to hold off until I get onboard and go from there. Don't go by me since this is my first cruise of any kind but I'd rather not nail myself down to a set schedule.

I can come back too the post and let you know how this kind of thing shakes out.

I would book shows only for 10PM because 7-8PM is the typical dinner time.

My last night I saw Blu Man Group again and just walked in without them even checking. I was actually going to go on it again in April as I had a fantastic time but am just doing the Breakway instead in the fall.

Now, Cirque de Soil fills up; I booked it for Thursday and lucked out as 5 people I met were in it as well- 1 did standby. I would recommend this one for Thursday as it is a sea day/night.

I had a reservation for mid-April and wish I kept it as I had $200 in OBC,

Now, Cirque de Soil fills up; I booked it for Thursday and lucked out as 5 people I met were in it as well- 1 did standby. I would recommend this one for Thursday as it is a sea day/night.

Cirque is the one that least interests me, but seems to be the one that is a must-reserve-in-advance thing. Also, a lot of the reviews say the menu isn't great for the show. What did you think of it? Is it worthwhile?

Cirque is the one that least interests me, but seems to be the one that is a must-reserve-in-advance thing. Also, a lot of the reviews say the menu isn't great for the show. What did you think of it? Is it worthwhile?

I go to a lot of concerts/theatre/plays and the food did not interest me at all; the music was interesting and the talent of the cast was amazing. I do not think it would make or break your cruise if you missed it.

I lucked out because 4-5 other solos coincidentally had it booked at the same time.

Because I read reviews that the food was not great I remember going to the buffet for like 5 minutes around 6pm and having a big plate of pasta!

Kind of regret cancelling my 4/13 booking as I had a $200 OBC; but flights/hotels were higher that time.

I'm going on the EPIC on March 2 and I booked all my entertainment and specialty restaurants that are available already. I figure I can switch them somehow if I choose to go with other people, or maybe people will want to go with me when my times are.

I'm going on the Epic solo on 3/16/2013. I don't plan on making any reservations at the specialty restaurants until meet others that want to because don't care to eat by myself. On the other hand I have reserved Blue Man Group and another show. Someone said that the shows really do fill up and I didn't want to miss the blue man group.

I'm going on the Epic solo on 3/16/2013. I don't plan on making any reservations at the specialty restaurants until meet others that want to because don't care to eat by myself. On the other hand I have reserved Blue Man Group and another show. Someone said that the shows really do fill up and I didn't want to miss the blue man group.

That's a pretty good strategy. Blue Man Group though is offerred enough to be able to see it twice. The only thing I found with the specialty restaurants was that they were hard to get large groups into of 12-15.

We did the main dining rooms the first 3 nights, the 4th night people broke off and did specialties, 5th night about 20 of us pulled some tables together and did the buffett (which was nice), 6th night did the Cirque show (lucked out and was with 5 others). The last night I did Chineese by myself around 5:30 as people were still getting back from Nassau. One night someone did the French restaurant by themselves.

My advice is if you are the only one who wants to go to a particular venue, do it early on Friday because most people are still in Nassau and you won't feel funny at all about eating alone then

In November, I had booked Cirque ahead of time, so I was locked down into a reservation with that one... which just so happened to be the same time that two of the other solos I had met decided to go to Moderno (which I reeeally wanted to try!). We tried getting my reservation switched, but in the end, they went to Moderno and I went to Cirque.

Was Cirque worth it? Yeah, as a one time thing. I'm glad I saw it. The show was better than the food (in my opinion), but I'm not planning to go next time. I'm hoping to go to Moderno this time instead! lol

I figure I can switch them somehow if I choose to go with other people, or maybe people will want to go with me when my times are.

That makes sense. I'll probably do that.

I don't know, the more I think about it, I may skip Cirque. I've seen quite a few of them in Vegas or when they come locally. The setup just seems weird to me and I wonder how "amazing" it can really be when they aren't on a big stage.

Off topic- Cagney's or Moderno? I've done Cagney's twice now, it may be time to try something different. But the TRUFFLE FRIES!!!

Archived