What's Required to be a Carnival PVP ?

mr jailerman

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any CURRENT information on what it takes to be a Carnival Personal Vacation Planner these days ?

Do you have too work in an office, such as in Miami ? Or can you work from the internet at home ? I'm really just thinking Part- Time for now or in the future and wondered if any of you great people can guide me in the right direction ? I'm sure I can call Carnival directly. But cruise critic has always been a great source of reliable information for all things cruise related. Thanks For Your Time in Advance:D!

Mine is in Miami and seemingly works 24/7. But that may not be the case for all of them. Maybe he's in an office. Maybe he's in his pajamas watching the Flintstones. I don't know. All I know is if I text or email him he gets back to me almost immediately...even if it's Saturday night.

• Like 1

I think you have to work for a certain amount of time at the home office. Then you are then allowed to telecommute.

If you are wanting to do it part time then a CSR (customer service rep) might be a better option. As a PVP you are expected to be available to your clients. A CSR can elect to only accept calls during certain hours

What does it take ? Apparently not much , many members here on cruise critic are more knowledgeable on the ships and info than those that answer the phone at Carnival. Thank the lord I have a goooood one !

So glad you posted the link! I think the female PVP pictured is mine!!! The lady pictured has the same first name and it is not a common name (in Iowa anyway). I know my PVP does work out of her home at least a portion of the time and that she has answered my calls from there. She would have to live at the office to be available the hours she works. I live in a different time zone and have called after work and on weekends expecting to leave a message on an answering machine and she either answers in person or calls back shortly. My PVP is not a pain in the backside and has been a treasure when it comes to planning and has even saved me money on at least 2 cruises. :halo:

What does it take ? Apparently not much , many members here on cruise critic are more knowledgeable on the ships and info than those that answer the phone at Carnival. Thank the lord I have a goooood one !

It's my understanding that the CSRs that answer the phones are not PVPs.

It's my understanding that the CSRs that answer the phones are not PVPs.

Well goody for you. Most of those identified themselves as PVP's . But your on a roll there sparkplug.

Well goody for you. Most of those identified themselves as PVP's . But your on a roll there sparkplug.

You're very funny. I've read the job description for the CSRs (fields incoming calls from customers) and for the PVPs (outbound sales rep), two different jobs. But you may of course believe what you will.

You're very funny. I've read the job description for the CSRs (fields incoming calls from customers) and for the PVPs (outbound sales rep), two different jobs. But you may of course believe what you will.

You are right. In order to get in touch with a PVP you have to dial their extension. I have never had anyone at Carnival identify themselves as a CSR or a PVP when answering the phone. And yes, many people including myself know more than a lot of the CSRs there. That's why I avoid calling them at all costs. Everything goes through my PVP who has been at Carnival since 1992. He knows 100% what he's talking about and gets it right.

You are right. In order to get in touch with a PVP you have to dial their extension. I have never had anyone at Carnival identify themselves as a CSR or a PVP when answering the phone. And yes, many people including myself know more than a lot of the CSRs there. That's why I avoid calling them at all costs. Everything goes through my PVP who has been at Carnival since 1992. He knows 100% what he's talking about and gets it right.

Wish I could say the same , Before I had my current PVP I was getting calls every other day explaining that they were my NEW PVP . Some of you have been just plain lucky :cool:

Wish I could say the same , Before I had my current PVP I was getting calls every other day explaining that they were my NEW PVP . Some of you have been just plain lucky :cool:

I think the difference is in the previous posts, people answering the phones were being discussed. Those are CSRs. The people calling you are PVPs. That sounds about right.

But yes, I guess I am lucky in the fact that my PVP is still there and that's why no one else has called me. He never does either. He knows when I'm ready, I will let him know by phone or text.

Good info.. Thanks Guys !

Sounds like I'm not going to be able to do this job till I live close to Miami, to get office time and training in. Was hoping it could be a home based job part time, I could do on the side until I'm fully retired. Doesn't sound that way..Thanks Again Everyone.