Please post your planned or completed itinerary

judyf

I read a post yesterday where someone posted their itinerary and I found it very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Please post your planned or completed itineraries in this thread. It would be nice to see them all in one thread. I know it will give me a lot of ideas and I'm sure it will help others too.

Thanks so much to all those that post to help all of us!!!:D

This is a great idea for a thread. :)

This August will be our second cruise with HAL to Alaska. Our itinerary includes:

Juneau--Fly-Out Fly Fishing Adventure, then exploring Mendenhall Glacier/visitor center on our own

Sitka--4X4 Wilderness Tour, then Sitka National Historical Park & Raptor Center on our own

Ketchikan--Creek St., Married Man's trail, Cape Fox Lodge, shopping-- all on our own

Victoria--carriage ride, Fairmont Empress Hotel--on our own

I'm looking forward to reading other responses. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind about some of our activities. :rolleyes:

Sheri

Day 1 - Vancouver (still planning)

Day 2 - Vancouver (still planning)

Day 3 - Set sail from Vancouver

Day 4 - Ketchikan / Hike Deer Mountain

Day 5 - Juneau / Whale Watching with Harv & Marv, hike Mendenhall

Day 6 - Skagway / Hike to Upper Dewey Lake

Day 7 - Icy Strait / 2 Whale Watching tours with FISHES

Day 8 - Hubbard

Day 9 - Disembark in Seward / NW Fjords Boat Tour

Day 10 - Seward / Kayak Aialik Bay w/Liquid Adventures

Day 11 - Hike Harding Icefield Trail @ Exit Glacier. Train to ANC.

Day 12 - Still Planning

Day 13 - Still Planning

Day 14 - Denali: Shuttle bus to Fish Creek & Hiking

Day 15 - Denali: Shuttle bus to Fish Creek & Hiking

Day 16 - Denali: Shuttle bus to Fish Creek & Hiking

Here is my itinerary thus far. We are traveling on the Carnival Sprit 6/25 with 4 days in Alaska prior to the cruise.

6/21 Fly Boston to Anchorage

6/22 and 6/23 Denali; Shuttle bus to Wonder Lake, sightseeing

6/24 Anchorage

6/25 Alaska Leopard transfer to Whittier

6/26 Cruise Prince Williams Sound

6/27 Sitka; Rapture Center, tour Sitka

6/28 Juneau; Helicopter & Dog sled adventure, Tram, City sites.

6/29 Skagway; Rental Car tour to the Yukon

6/30 Ketchikan: Not sure yet. Possible Zip Line Tour

7/1 Cruise Inside Passage

7/2 Dock in Vancouver; Drive to Seattle, Tour City

7/3 Fly to Boston, Back home on Cape Cod for the 4th of July weekend

7/7 Back to work :eek:

Here's our trip---yippee!! This is a great thread!!

Princess Dawn RT from SF....

July 16th - Drive to SF (7 hours); Meet son at pier (he flies in from Phx); Leave SF

July 17th - at sea

July 18th - at sea

July 19th - Ketchican - ZIPLINE!!

July 20th - Juneau - shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier; Whale Watching tour

July 21st - Skagway - Rent a car (Avis) and drive to Yukon (Emerald Lake)

July 22nd - at sea (scenic cruising)

July 23rd - at sea

July 24th - Victoria - Ghosts and Graveyard tour

July 25th - at sea

July 26th - arrive SF; tour Alcatraz; drive to Phoenix, AZ

That seems to be what will work for us!!

My teenage DS and I are taking Zaandam NB:

7/3- Let department go home early for the holiday weekend...blatant motive, I can leave early too! ;) Finish last minute packing, put house in vacation mode, unpack stuff we probably don't need, leave keys and itenerary with neighbors, pack other stuff we may need after all......

Plenty of time to do this, I will be up til 2AM like a kid on Christmas Eve.

7/4- Fly SNA-SEA-YVR. Rent bikes and ride around Stanley Park in the evening.

7/5- Grouse Mtn. and either Capilano or Lynn Park. Researching mountain bike riding (the North Shore area is world-famous for that). Take a hop on/ hop off shuttle tour of the city.

7/6- Finish shuttle tour if necessary. Board Zaandam around 2pm!

7/7- Inside Passage

7/8- Ketchikan; SE Sea Kayak Pennock Island tour, visit Saxman, Totem Heritage Ctr, raptor center, and hatchery.

7/9- Juneau; Walk around downtown, see State Museum and Mining Museum. PM- Coastal Helicopter glacier tour, Harv & Marv whalewatching, drop off at Mendenhall Visitor Ctr. and hike trail to waterfall. Return downtown, Mt. Roberts tram (weather permitting).

7/10- Skagway; White Pass RR to summit. Pick up by Dyea Dave, back down by van or bike. Guided tour of town or area, still a bit TBD.

7/11- Glacier Bay

7/12- College Fjord

7/13- Seward; Sea Life Center or Exit Glacier. Pickup by Alaskan Leopard shuttle for narrated tour to ANC. Pick up Avis car and check into B&B.

7/14- Drive to Denali; side trip to Talkeetna. Morning Talkeetna Aero Taxi glacier flight. Check into Denali River Cabins, evening whitewater raft trip w/ Denali Outdoor Center.

7/15- Denali shuttle bus to Eislesen Visitor Center. See main visitor center after returning to main entrance. Quick drive up to Healy.

7/16- Drive back to ANC, stop in Talkeetna if 7/14 flightseeing was rescheduled. Visit Heritage Center and aviation museum in ANC. Check back into B&B.

7/17- ANC-SEA-SNA.

7/18- Back to work, delete the 325 emails (if any of them were important they will re-send or see me in person). :D

If anyone has suggestions or critiques on this itenerary, please let me know!!

Day 1: Fly to Vancouver, considering Lynn Suspension Bridge, Granville Island, Gastown or walking Robson Street

Day 2: Vancouver: Stanley Park, visit aquarium and other sites at Park, some options from Day 1.

Day 3: Drop off luggage at pier. Visit Gastown (if we didn't get there earlier) and Chinatown. Board ship.

Day 4: Cruise Inside Passage

Day 5: Ketchikan: We will take the cruise ship Saxman Village Tour followed by a walking tour of the city and lunch.

Day 6: Juneau: We are taking the Adventure Bound cruise through the Tracy Arm Fjords. We will likely then eat dinner, ride the tram if the night is clear and then walk the town till we are ready for bed.

Day 7: Skagway: We are taking the 8 1/2 hour Chilkoot train/bus tour to the Yukon. If we have any energy after that we will walk the town and maybe take in one of the trails.

Day 8: Cruise Glacier Bay area

Day 9: Cruise College Fjord

Day 10: Disembark in Seward. Go on the Northwestern Fjords Boat Tour, pick up rental car, have dinner and head to Saltwater Lodge

Day 11: Seavy's Dog Cart Ride or sleep in ;) , Take the Behind the Scenes Tour at the Sealife Center, Tour the Sealife Center, Lunch, Guided hike on Exit Glacier, drop off luggage at train station, pick up dinner to eat on train, drop off car, take train to Anchorage. Taxi to Oscar Gill B&B.

Day 12: Pick up car. Drive the Turnagain Arm with stops at Potter's Marsh, McHugh Creek, Beluga Point, Windy Point, Bird Point, take the Girdwood turnoff, visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Portage Lake, visit the small town of Hope. Head back to Anchorage. Dinner at Glacier Brewhouse.

Day 13: Head to Talkeetna with stops along the way. We are still debating if we will head to Matanuska Glacier. We are considering stopping at the Eagle River Nature Center and the Eklutna Village Historical Park. We also want to drive the shortened Hatcher Pass Route, visit the Musk Ox Farm, see Independence Mine, and stop at Wasilla for food. If we do Matanuska Glacier, we will not include all the other stops. Drive to Talkeetna. If it is open we will stop at the Ranger Station. We will stay at Talkeetna Chalet B&B.

Day 14: Possible morning flight for my DH. Visit Ranger Station if we didnt' do it yesterday. Visit the cemetery. Drive to Denali. Stop at Beyers Lake. Stop at visitor center. Head to Healy to the Dome Home B&B. Dinner at the Black Diamond Grill. Early to bed to catch that 5:30 shuttle tomorrow!! UGH!!:eek:

Day 15: Shuttle to Wonder Lake. Dinner ?

Day 16: Possible Raft ride with Denali Outdoor Center, Dogsled demonstration, hiking? Alaska Cabin Night Dinner Theater.

Day 17: Drive to Anchorage. If we missed some stops on day 13, we will hit those on the way back. Dinner at the Moose Tooth. Spend the night at G House B&B.

Day 18: Visit the Alaska Heritage Center. Not sure what else. Fly home on the red eye. :eek:

Day 19: Back home after an amazing trip!!!

This is our itinerary as of today. We are still working on finalizing Vancouver. Some of the other days are flexible and we will make changes as we see fit. We may have to forgo some things. I like to have a lot planned. We can always delete. I just hate to waste time trying to figure out what to do. This way we have lots of options. Of course I hope we can do it all. It is just that sometimes what the head wants to do and what the aging body is capable of doing are two different things.

This will be our fourth cruise to Alaska

6/13 Sail from Vancouver

6/15 Ketchikan--rental car to drive to Saxman Village. Herring Bay & Totem Bight

6/16 Haines--explore town, visit museums

6/17 Juneau--Whale watching with Captain Jack

6/18 Sitka--Raptor Center and other city sights

6/19 Hubbard Glacier--add to the 150 pictures I already have!

6/20 Seward--Sealife Center and Exit Glacier

6/21 Hubbard Glacier

6/22 Sitka--Marine Wildlife Tour on the Esther G

6/23 Skagway--Tour to the Yukon,hike around Lower Dewey Lake

6/24 Juneau--rental car--drive to Shrine of St Theresa, Alaska Brewery, Glacier Gardens, and other sights.

6/25 Ketchikan--Lumberjack show and shopping

2/27 Return to Vancouver

Day 1: Fly to Barrow

Day 2: Barrow - Tour Barrow - Arctic Ocean - Midnight Sun stroll on the beach

Day 3: Barrow - Birding and Point Barrow

Day 4: Barrow/Anchorage

Day 5: Anchorage - Saturday market

Day 6: Anchorage/Seward (early train -not much time in Seward - walk the town? - get on that DAM ship)

Day 7: College Fjord -- MY 50th Birthday!

Day 8: Glacier Bay

Day 9: Haines - Float trip thru Eagle Reserve

Day 10: Juneau - Whale watching (Capt Larry) - Shrine of St. Therese

Day 11: Ketchikan - Misty Fjords Flightseeing (Island Wings)

Day 12: Sea Day

Day 13: Vancouver - pick up rental car and drive home

How fun, good post (since I love to talk about my itinerary!) This is our first cruise to Alaska, I have been planning for over one year. I am sick of working overtime and eating frozen food to save money, I can't wait to splurge on vacation!

Day 1 (Aug 16) - Depart LAX non-stop to Anchorage, pick up Enterprise rental car. Lunch at Moose's Tooth, drive to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Overnite at Alyeska Resort, dinner at Double Musky.

Day 2 (Aug 17) - Hike the Winner Creek Trail, tram to the top of the mountain and lunch. Stop at the Bake Shop, Wasilla, Iditarod Headquarters ending up in Talkeetna. Dinner at West Rib and 7pm Grand Denali Tour w/ glacier landing w/ Talkeetna Air Taxi. Overnite at Talkeetna Chalet B & B.

Day 3 (Aug 18) - Breakfast at Talkeetna Roadhouse, drive to Denali National Park. Afternoon rafting trip w/ Alaska Raft Adventures, Dinner at Cabin Night Dinner Theatre. Overnight Denali Lakeview Inn.

Day 4 (Aug 19) - 7:30am shuttle to Eilson Visitor Center, Wilderness Access Center. Dinner at McKinley Creekside Restaurant. Overnite at Denali Lakeview Inn.

Day 5 (Aug 20) - 8:30am Jeff King Husky Homestead Tour, drive back to Anchorage, Alaska Native Heritage Center. Dinner at Glacier Brewhouse, return rental car. Overnite at Homewood Suites.

Day 6 (Aug 21) - 6:45am train to Seward. 11:30am Kenai Fjords cruise. Dinner at Ray's Waterfront. Overnite at Holiday-Inn Express.

Day 7 (Aug 22) - Godwin Glacier Dog Sledding, alaska sea-life center, lunch at the Smoke Shack, Exit Glacier hike. Board Radiance of the Seas for 9:00pm departure. Yeah for Aft corner balcony junior suite!

Day 8 (Aug 23) - At Sea (Ahhh... relax) - Hubbard Glacier

Day 9 (Aug 24) - Juneau (8a-9p) - MGT Shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier, lunch at Red Dog Saloon or Hangar on the Wharf. 3:30pm pick-up with Northstar Trekking for helicopter Glacier Walk-about tour. Mt. Roberts Tramway.

Day 10 (Aug 25) - Skagway (7a-830p) - 8am Glacier Point Wildnerness Safari, lunch at Skagway Brewing Company, 4:15pm White Pass Railway Summit trip.

Day 11 (Aug 26) - Icy Strait Point (7a-4p) - Zip-line (haven't booked yet, trying to get the courage), 11:30am whale watching w/ F.I.S.H.E.S

Day 12 (Aug 27) - Ketchikan (9a-6p) - Traitor's Cove Bear Watching and Misty Fjords tour w/ Island Wings, walk around Creek Street

Day 13 (Aug 28) - Inside Passage Cruising

Day 14 (Aug 29) - Arrive Vancouver - pick up Avis rental car (Hornby St.) and drive to Whistler stopping at Shannon Falls, return rental car. Check into Four Seasons, gondola to top of glacier. Dinner at Whistler Brewhouse or Earls.

Day 15 (Aug 30) - Whistler - Zip-lining w/ Ziptrek, 2:30pm Whistler Mountaineer train back to Vancouver. Check into Fairmont Waterfront. Dinner at ??

Day 16 (Aug 31) - Vancouver - 11:00am Landsea Tour to Caplilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain. Dinner at Gotham Steakhouse, overnight Fairmont Waterfront.

Day 17 (Sep 1) - Vancouver ~ My Birthday ~ Vancouver aquarium, stanley park. 6:00pm Amtrak train to Seattle. Check into Grand Hyatt.

Day 18 (Sep 2) - Seattle - City tour, pike place market, original starbucks, space needle. 6:30pm flight back home.

Day 19 (Sep 3) - Back to reality, back on a budget, back searching for my next cruise adventure.

June 1st - Sacramento to Fairbanks/Overnight Fairbanks

June 2nd - El Dorado Mine Tour/Sternwheeler Riverboat Tour/Salmonbake Dinner/Overnight Fairbanks

June 3rd - Wilderness Train to Denali/Tundra Wilderness Tour/Overnight Denali

June 4th - Morning in Denali/Wilderness Train to Talkeetna/River Raft Float Trip/Overnight Talkeetna

June 5th - Morning in Talkeetna/Bus to Anchorage after lunch/Jetboat to Knik Glacier/Overnight Anchorage

June 6th - Anchorage Tour/Alaska Native Heritage Center/Lunch/Bus to Seward/Board Celebrity Millennium/Embark

June 7th - Hubbard Glacier

June 8th - Juneau - Mendenhall Glacier and Gardens Rain Forest Tour/Possible Tram Trip depends on weather

June 9th - Skagway - White Pass Scenic Railway to Summitt

June 10th -Icy Straight Point - Hubby Halibut Fishing Tour/Me exploring

June 11th - Ketchikan - Bus to Salmon Falls Resort/Back Country Jetboat Tour/Private Totem Pole Collection

June 12th - Inside Passage Cruising

June 13th - Arrive Vancouver/Disembark/Fly back to Sacramento

Wow! That was fun reminding me what we're going to be doing, thanks!

Day 1 - Vancouver (still planning)

Day 2 - Vancouver (still planning)

Day 3 - Set sail from Vancouver

Day 4 - Ketchikan / Aleutian Ballad Crab Boat Tour

Day 5 - Juneau / Whale Watching with Harv & Marv, Mendenhall

Day 6 - Skagway / Drive to Emerald Lake with stops en route

Day 7 - Icy Strait /Whale Watching tours with FISHES and walk around

Day 8 - Hubbard

Day 9 - Disembark in Seward / Motorcoach to Alyeska

Day 10 - Alyeska / Motorcoach to Anchorage

Day 11 - City tour, Native Heritage Center / Motorcoach to Talkeetna

Day 12 - Wilderness Express to Denali / Cabin Night Dinner Theater

Day 13 - Denali Natural History Tour / Wilderness Express to Fairbanks

Day 14 - Fairbanks Riverboat Cruise, El Dorado Gold Mine

Day 15 - Seattle (still planning)

Alaska CruiseTour Itinerary Summary (Maiden trip - 2 couples)

June 1st Air from Baltimore, MD to Fairbanks, AK. Arrive one day early at 7:50 pm. Spend (3 N) in Westmark Hotel.

June 2nd Have day to ourselves. Plan to go to Alaska Park, Alaskan

Salmon Bake and Palace theater.

June 3rd Sternwheeler Discovery cruise to native village & Gold Dredge #8 (pan for gold). Meet tour director.

June 4th : 7:15 am board McKinley Explorer train to Denali National

Park. Arrive Denali at ~ 1 pm. Spend (2N) in McKinley

Chalet Resort.

Take Excursion (Flight Seeing McKinley/Glacier Landing) at

5:15 pm. Arrive back at Chalet ~ 9 pm.

June 5th Denali National Park Tundra Wilderness Tour. ~ 7:30 am to

3:30 pm.

June 6th: Eat breakfast at Glitter Gulch.

Take shuttle to visitors center: movies / museum.

Maybe see Doggie Demo.

Leave Denali at 11 am aboard the McKinley Explorer Train

to Anchorage. Arrive Anchorage ~ 8 pm.

Eat dinner at Glacier Brewhouse. Spend (1) night in Hilton

Anchorage Hotel.

June 7th: Anchorage to Seward . Ditch tour bus!

Catch 6:45 am Alaskan Railroad to Seward.

Arrive Seward ~ 11 am. Take cab to Hotel and drop luggage

in storage. (Bus from Anchorage will not arrive until ~5 pm)

Take shuttle to town. Visit Sealife Center/Aquarium. Eat at

Rays in downtown Seward. Catch up with tour at Hotel.

Spend night in Seward Windsong Hotel.

June 8th : Kenjai Fjords National ParkKenjai Fjords Cruise begins

around 8:00 am. Tour ends at ~ 2 pm. Then board Volendam.

Ship leaves port at 8 pm. Traditional dining upper level

5:30pm.

June 9th : Scenic Cruising along College Fjord 6 am to 9 am.

Renew Wedding Vows in evening. Dinner in Pinacle Grill .

Relax & explore cruise ship.

June 10th: Scenic Cruising along Glacier Bay National Park

10 am to 7 pm. Relax and enjoy cruise ship.

June 11th : Port: Haines (Skagway)

11 am Take Ferry ride from Haines to Skagway

White Pass Rail, Klondike Highway & Gold Camp Adventure

excursion. Return to ship by 6:30 pm. Explore Skagway.

Ship leaves port 9 pm.

June 12th : Port: Juneau

Whale Watching Quest, Mendenhall Glacier, & Salmon

Bake. Motor coach / Boat trip / Dinner

Excursion begins at 8:30 am. Return to ship by 3:00 pm.

Visit Red Dog Saloon…. A couple blocks from ship. Have a

Beer! Ship leaves at 6 pm.

June 13th: Port: Ketchikan Ship Docks at 2 pm

Leisurely breakfast and lunch aboard ship.

Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer boat ride on sightseeing

watercraft. ~ 2pm

Return to ship at ~ 6:15 pm. Ship leaves at 8 pm.

June 14th: Scenic Cruising on Inside Passage . Relax & enjoy cruise

ship.

Participate in Signature Baggage Service & US Direct.

June 15th: Disembark in Vancouver.

Go to airport and return to Baltimore.

It has been almost 20 years since we have been to San Francisco. This is a trip that has been my dream for years:

Day 1: Miami-San Francisco, staying at Raddison Fishermans Wharf...Lunch at Boudin....walk over to Ghirardelli Square for dessert:"CHOCOLATE"....Mass at St Peter & Paul... dinner at Franciscan Crab Restaurant, after dinner drinks somewhere in the area.....

Day 2: Breakfast at Buena Vista...Morning Mass at St Mary's Cathedral with the Cathedral Choir...Sightseeing in SFO, probably Twin Peaks, Alamo Square...Lunch at Cliff House....Legion of Honor Museum in the afternoon... stop by Palace of Fine Arts...Dinner somewhere in the Wharf area, Pier 39??

Day 3: Cross the Golden Gate Bridge...Muir Woods...Lunch in Sausalito... Presidio...then the Wharf, Pier 39, taking in the beauty of a San Francisco sunset and the fog slowly descending over the Golden Gate......

Day 4: Boarding DAWN PRINCESS 10 day RT SFO to ALASKA!!!!!

Day 5 & 6: at Sea: spa...reading...just relaxing and recharging batteries....

Day 7: Ketchikan: Saxmam....walking Creek Street

Day 8: Juneau: Whale watching with Orca...Mendenhall...if weather permits: Mt Roberts Tram...Juneau trolley...visit the Capitol Building and the Russian Orthodox Church... walk one block to attend Mass at Cathedral of the Nativity...dinner in downtown Juneau...walk around town...shopping Alaskan made only...back to ship to watch the sunset at 9:45pm!!!!

Day 9: Skagway: White Pass/Yukon Train....walk around town...more shopping!!!

Day 10: Tracy Arm Fjord...lots of picture taking, binoculars ready!!! and lots of hot chocolate....spa in the afternoon!!!

Day 11: at Sea: more reading, more hot chocolate...more pampering at the spa

Day 12: Victoria: Butchart Gardens with "Afternoon Tea at Butchart"

Day 13: at Sea...rest, rest, rest, and cry, cry, cry: it's almost over, I always hate packing and getting off the ship..............................

Day 14: wake up early, to be out on deck (all bundled up) to see San Francisco's lights in the early morning....afternoon flight back to Miami

Day 15: download all my pictures and videos and experience the last 14 days all over again...........................

Day 17: back at work to pay for all of above!!!!!!!

AlinaMaria

• Friday July 4th
    • Leave Newark at 1:55 PM and arrive Anchorage at 8:14 PM
    • Pick up Avis rental car at Airport in Anchorage
    • Check in to Holiday Inn Express Anchorage near airport

[*]Saturday July 5th

• Travel by car to Seward Alaska
    • Take Renown 6 hour Kenai FjordsNational Park Wildlife and Scenery Tour
    • Check in to Holiday Inn Express Seward on the Small Boat Harbor

[*]Sunday July 6th

• In the morning visit The Alaska SeaLife Center by 9:30 AM. Take “Behind the Scenes Tour” at 10:30 AM and continue visit after tour.
    • Seavey’s for a 1:45 PM Sled Dog Tour
    • Visit Exit Glacier

[*]Monday July 7th

• Leave Seward in the morning heading towards Girdwood
    • Visit the Portage Glacier and the Begich, Boggs Visitor Center.
    • Visit The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
    • Check in to The Hotel Alyeska at the Alyeska Resort
    • Dinner at the Seven Glaciers Restaurant

[*]Tuesday July 8th

• After check out, Breakfast at The Bake Shop in Girdwood
    • Travel 113 miles north to Talkeetna
    • Lunch at The Roadhouse in Talkeetna
    • Take Talkeetna Air Taxi 2 hour Grand Denali Flightseeing Tour with Glacier Landing at 2:00 PM
    • Travel 153 miles north to The McKinley Chalet Resort

[*]Wednesday July 9th

• Take 6:15 AM 12 hour DenaliWonderLake Shuttle

• Thursday July 10th
    • Denali Outdoor Center for a 2 hour Nenana River Canyon Run White Water Rafting Adventure
    • After lunch we will drive back to Talkeetna and check in to the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge

[*]Friday July 11th

• Drive leisurely back to Anchorage
    • Visit The Alaska Native Heritage Center
    • Check in to The Hotel Captain Cook in downtown Anchorage
    • Return the rental car to Avis in their downtown office
    • Dinner at Simon and Seaforts

[*]Saturday July 12th

• We will be picked up between 8:00 and 8:15 AM by Prince William Sound Glacier Cruises
    • We will be provided with a guided tour along the Seward Highway as we travel to Whittier
    • At 11:00 AM we will take a 6 hour Wilderness Explorer Glacier Cruise of Prince Williams Sound
    • At 5:00 PM we will board the Diamond Princess

[*]Sunday July 13th

• Scenic cruising into College Fjords and the Gulf of Alaska

[*]Monday July 14th

• Scenic cruising into Glacier Bay National Park

[*]Tuesday July 15th

• Dock in Skagway at 7:00 AM
    • Picked up on the dock at 7:30 AM for a Chilkoot Charters 7 hour Yukon Bus and Rail Excursion
    • Explore Skagway on our own prior to ships departure at 8:30 PM

• Wednesday July 16th
    • Dock in Juneau at 6:30 AM
    • Picked up on the dock at 8:30 AM by Harv and Marv for a 3.75 hour Whale Watching Tour
    • Transported by Harv and Marv to Coastal Helicopter for a 1 hour Juneau Icefield Glacier Excursion
    • Transported by Coastal back to the docks. Time and weather permitting, take the Mount Roberts Tramway prior to ship departing at 4:00 PM

[*]Thursday July 17th

• Dock in Ketchikan at 10:00 AM
    • Explore Ketchikan and have lunch,
    • Picked up at the Rain Gauge at 12:15 PM by Island Wings for a 2 hour Misty Fjords Flightseeing Tour
    • Transported back to the Rain Gauge by Island Wings where at 2:45 PM we will be met by Lois Munch of Classic Tours for a 2 hour Totem Tour in a restored 1955 Chevy sedan
    • Time permitting we can spend a little more time wandering around Ketchikan prior to the ship departing at 6:00 PM

[*]Friday July 18th

• Scenic cruising the Inside Passage the entire day.

[*]Saturday July 19th

• The ship docks in Vancouver at 7:30 AM
    • Leave Vancouver at 1:05 PM and arrive Newark at 9:26 PM

Day 1(29th May) Board plane in Queensland Australia,(3 hours) transit stop Auckland

NZ (3 hours) board another plane to LAX (12 hours), Board

another plane for Seattle (2 3/4 hours)

collapse in room. :rolleyes:

Day 2(30th May) Board HAL Amsterdam - Seattle. Do the happy dance.

Day 3 (31st May) At sea (shuffle board anyone?)

Day 4 (1st June) Juneau. - Helicopter flight to ice field. Whale watch tour.

shopping and a squillion photos.

Day 5 (2nd June) Glacier Bay cruising - More photos

Day 6 (3rd June) Sitka - Wildlife tour; Check out Russian history;

Chocolate factory? Shopping, wandering and

a squillion more photos.

Day 7 (4th June) Ketchikan - Day wandering/shopping Creek street,

checking out Totem Poles.

Heritage centre, Mt. Roberts Tram (weather

permitting.) Lots of walking and photos.

Day 8 (5th June) Victoria BC - orca tour. shopping and carriage ride

(time permitting)

Day 9 (6th June) Seattle - disembarkation. Fly to LA for two weeks of

Disney/Seaworld/Hollywood/shopping.

(June 19) LAX - late flight back to Australia.

(June 21 ) Return to work - despite jetlag- flat broke :(

May 25 - Fly to Vancouver

26 - Depart Vancouver - Coral Princess NB

27 - Inside Passage

28 - Ketchikan

29 - Juneau - whale watching, mendenhall glacier, salmon hatchery

30 - Skagway - drive to Emerald Lake

31 - Glacier Bay

June 1 - College Fjord

2 - Whittier - McKinley via Rail/ bus

3 - Denali - Tundra Wilderness tour

4 - Fairbanks - riverboat discovery, Golf @ Northstar golf club Tee time @ 10pm

5 - Fairbanks - Santa Clause House in North Pole, AK, Museum of the North,

6 - Fly home

Day 1(29th May)

Day 7 (4th June) Ketchikan - Day wandering/shopping Creek street,

checking out Totem Poles.

Heritage centre, Mt. Roberts Tram (weather

permitting.) Lots of walking and photos.

Do you mean Cape Fox Lodge Tram????

Sept. 2...Fly to Anchorage, Dinner at Sourdough Mining Company

Sept. 3..Magic Bus to Whittier to board ship

Sept. 4..Cruise College Fjord

Sept. 5..Sitka...Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest, Totem Square, Sitka Tribe Dance Performance at the Community house, and Harry Race Pharmacy (50's style Soda Fountain) and some shopping.

Sept. 6..Juneau...Mendenhall Glacier and Gardens Tour or the MGE Express bus to Mendenhall Glacier, Mt. Roberts Tram

Sept. 7..Skagway...White Pass and Klondike Highway & Gold Camp, Eagles Hall '98 show, Tour the town.

Sept. 8..Ketchikan...Classis Tours with Lois Munch which includes the Totem and Eagles tour riding in a 1950's classic car. Would like to take the Duck Tour, also. Walk Creek Street , see the Salmon Ladder, Take the funicular to Westmark Cape Fox Lodge ( they say the view is spectular there). Another possibliity is the Lumbarjack Show.

Sept. 9...Cruise the Inside Passage.

Sept. 10...Try to get from the ship to the Vancouver airport for our 12:20pm flight home.

Ours is a little different since we have a friend in Anchorage who has a cabin, and our interior trip is camping. And the week on land is subject to revisions and changes...

July 19 - Fly to Vancouver, see the sights

20 - Bike in Stanley Park, Gransville Island, etc

21 - Depart Vancouver - Coral Princess NB

22 - Inside Passage

23 - Ketchikan - kayak or hike, see town

24 - Juneau - hike at mendenhall glacier, whale watching (Harv and Marv)

25 - Skagway - drive to Emerald Lake, hike one of the Dewey Lake trails

26 - Glacier Bay

27 - College Fjord

28 - Disembark at Whittier - rent car, drive to Seward, Sealife Center. Camp overnight.

29 - Hike Exit Glacier/Harding Ice Field - camp overnight.

30 - Drive to Anchorage, pick up friend and supplies, drive to friend's cabin on way to Denali. Hike to cabin, spend night.

31 - Drive to Denali, afternoon camper bus to Wonder Lake. Camp overnight

1 - Hike. Camp at Wonder Lake

2 - Work our way out of park, white water raft in afternoon, drive back to Anchorage. Stay at friend's house.

3 - Fly home in the AM.

We're doing AK on our own, taking our time, stopping and seeing along the way! We're celebrating my 6oth., and DH's retirement. I had a free companion ticket for DH on Continental and Alaska Air, so I've wnated to see Seattle since the Elvis movie and DH really wants to see Boeing Plant!

Wednesday, 7/23 HBTY to me! Arr. Seattle 4:40 to Best Western, Sea-Tac

Thursday, 7/24-Tour Seattle, Locks, Market, Space Needle, etc.

Friday, 7/25-Boeing Tour

Saturday, 7/26-Depart 9:30 AM to Vancouver, Arrive 10:25 AM/US Direct to Sapphire and check her out!

Sunday, 7/27-At Sea

Monday, 7/28-Ketchikan, arrive 6:30 M to 2:00 PM, 7:30 Anan Observatory flight on float plane!

Tuesday, 7/29-Juneau, arrive 8:00 AM-9:00 PM, Whale Watch with Harv and Marv, DO off at Mendenhall Glacier,and then Mt. Roberts Tramway

Wednesday, 7/30-Skagway, arrive 7:00 AM-8: 30 PM. White Pass RR, and ?

Thursday, 7/31-Cruising Glacier Bay 6:00 AM-3:00 PM

Friday, 8/1-HBTY DH with Champagne Breakfast, Cruising College Fjord 5:30 PM-8:30

Saturday, 8/2-Arrive Whittier 12:30 AM, Express disembark, 8:45 transfer to Anchorage on Alaska Leopard, PU rental car at Avis, ride up to Ship Creek, check in Diamond Hotel, Sourdough Mining Co., for dinner, Wild Berry for movie and chocolate, relax!

Sunday, 8/3-Anchorage/ to Girdwood for Glacier Jet Boat, see Alyeska Resort

Monday, 8/4-depart for Touch of Wilderness B & B, stop in Talkeetna

Tuesday, 8/5-Denali national park Shuttle to Wonder Lake at 7:15 AM

Wednesday, 8/6-Flightseeing at noon with ERA. sight see, Cabin Night Dinner?

Thursday, 8/7-to Fairbanks, The Alpine Lodge, Balloon flight at 7:00 PM

Friday, 8/8-Fairbanks, Gold Mine tour and Riverboat Discovery

Saturday, 8/9-To Copper River Lodge, sight see along the way

Sunday, 8/10-Copper River Excursion

Monday, 8/11-To Kenai Princess Lodge, sight see on the way

Tuesday, 8/12-Kenai National Park Cruise with Renown at 11:30 Am, evening in Seward

Depart for Anchorage in AM, for 1:30 PM flight to Seattle, depart to EWR at 10:35 PM, home at 7:00 AM 8/14!

7/25 - Fly Houston to Vancouver, arrive late and spend the night at the Marriott

7/26 - Get up early and walk around Vancouver on our own prior to boarding Serenade

7/27 - Cruise Inside Passage

7/28 - Icy Strait Point - Kayak in the morning and then wander around on my own if I don't figure out something more definite to do

7/29 - Cruise Hubbard Glacier

7/30 - Skagway - Helicopter Glacier Landing excursion followed by browsing in town and hiking on our own followed by Klondike Bike Ride excursion

7/31 - Juneau - Taku Lodge Float Plane excursion followed by Mt. Roberts Tram (if weather cooperates) and browsing on our own

8/1 - Cruising back to Vancouver

8/2 - Fly Vancouver to Houston to return to my regular routine :(

6/25 - BOS-YVR

6/26 - Vancouver - Sun-Yat Sen garden, biking in Stanley Park, dine at homemade Ramen shop near Robson St.

6/27 - Board Millenium

6/28 - Inside Passage - vow renewal for our 25th anniversary

6/29 - Ketchikan - Misty Fjord floatplane trip through Celebrity, hike up Deer Mtn

6/30 - Juneau - Hike / Ice trek on Glacier with Alaska and Beyond

7/1 - Skagway - Rental car, drive to Yukon

7/2 - Icy Strait - Kayak trip through Celebrity

7/3 - Cruise

7/4 - Seward - disembark, boat trip to Kenai Fjord, check out Fourth of July craziness, train to Anchorage

7/5 - Train from ANC to Denali

7/6 - Nenana River Raft, bus to Kantishna

7/7 - Denali Backcountry hikes, etc.

7/8 - Kantishna air taxi and McKinley fly-by, train to Fairbanks

7/9 - FAI to YVR

7/10 - YVR to BOS

- Erin

9/5 - Orange County, CA to Vancouver

9/6 - Board Serenade

9/7 - Inside Passage

9/8 - Icy Stait - ATV Expedition and Zip Rider thru ship

9/9 - Hubbard Glacier

9/10 - Skagway - Heli-Hike-Rail Excursion thru ship

9/11 - Juneau - Salmon Fishing Alaskan Adventures/Mt Roberts

9/12- Cruising

9/13 - Disembark - Vancouver

9/14 - Explore Vancouver

9/15 - Vancouver in AM and fly home to Orange County PM

Thanks for this thread. It will be great to help others in the future, just like past itineraries helped me narrow down my options too.

June 11th: Fly DET to ANC. Land late. Shuttle or Taxi to Hotel - Extended Stay Downtown (booked with Hotwire).

June 12th: Enterprise will pick us up and we'll get on the road with our rental car.

2 pm: Talkeetna Air Taxi Flight over basecamp and glacier landing

Arrive Healy to overnight at Denali Lakeview Inn (Blue Moose room).

June 13th: Denali shuttle to Wonder Lake at 7:15 am (lunch arranged with DLI; good luck Friday the 13th for wildlife sightings!)

June 14th: Drive all the way from Denali to Seward, because we are crazy people that don't listen to anyone's advice to break up this drive.

Check in Alaska Saltwater Lodge, view room.

June 15th: Kayaking with Miller's Landing at 7-11 am for Bridal Veil Falls paddle (BOGO coupon).

3-9 pm: Kenai Fjords tour (BOGO)

June 16th: Drive Seward to Anchorage, return rental car, get picked up at Enterprise by Alaskan Leopard for transfer to Whittier. (BOGO).

June 16th: Board Coral Princess balcony room on bump-out.

June 17th: College Fjords

June 18th: Glacier Bay

June 19th: Skagway: White Pass RR and few hours hiking on Chilkoot trail.

June 20th: Juneau: Whale Watching with Orca Enterprises. Also Mendenhall or Mount Roberts Tram.

June 21st: Ketchikan: hiking Deer Mountain or Perserverance Trail.

June 22nd: At sea.

June 23rd: Vancouver to Detroit.

June 24th: Day off work to print photos and arrange retirement to Alaska.