Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

I loved the Oasis!! but love the Freedom and Voyager class sisters too!!

recently off Carnival Breeze where we had nothing to do at night but drink and gamble bored out of my mind each evening....Never again!!

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:07 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk136 View Post
We just got off of the Allure and don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful ship with lots to do... but after the shows ended at night, everyone was gone. We are use to going to the Schooner Bar or Bull & Bear on the Freedom ships but on the Allure, when we went to the Schooner Bar or Bow & Stern after the shows, they were basically closed. We even did the Rising Tide bar by ourselves on a couple of nights. Even though we don't like the big crowds, we do like having several other people around when we go out. With all of that said, if I could get a good deal on the Oasis ships, I would definitely go back.

Unfortunately, that can happen on any ship. It just depends on the passenger mix. The first time I sailed on the Oasis the night life was crazy and there were people all over the place late into the night. The 2nd time it was like a ghost ship around midnight

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:12 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk136 View Post
We just got off of the Allure and don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful ship with lots to do... but after the shows ended at night, everyone was gone. We are use to going to the Schooner Bar or Bull & Bear on the Freedom ships but on the Allure, when we went to the Schooner Bar or Bow & Stern after the shows, they were basically closed. We even did the Rising Tide bar by ourselves on a couple of nights. Even though we don't like the big crowds, we do like having several other people around when we go out. With all of that said, if I could get a good deal on the Oasis ships, I would definitely go back.
We were on Allure on December 9th...I'm really glad we went and we did have a great time, but I prefer Voyager and Freedom class. We absolutely loved Central Park and its restaurants, as well as the healthy buffet in the solarium. Schooner, Bow & Stern, Champagne bar, Vintages, and Jazz were usually dead and we were practically alone on Rising Tide. Dazzles was busy for the scheduled events. Blaze was good for young adults. Service in the MDR for My Time Dining was inefficient. The pool and sun decks were both windy even in nice weather (maybe it was engineered this way so that people can be cooler in the Caribbean year-round).
coming up....Vision 2014 April, Reflection 2014 June, Admiral Cruises SS Emerald Seas 89,Sky Princess 12/92,RCCL Majesty 8/95,Celebrity Century 5/97,RCCL Voyager 4/00,RCCL Enchantment 11/01,X Millenium 2/02,X Millenium 12/03,X Millenium 11/04,RCCL Explorer 11/05,X Constellation 11/06,Carnival Liberty 2/07,RCCL Enchantment 5/07,RCCL Enchantment 9/07,Caribbean Princess 12/07,RCCL Navigator 2/08,Caribbean Princess 5/08,RCCL Enchantment 9/08, HAL Westerdam 12/08, RCCL Navigator 2/09, RCCL Enchantment 9/09, Emerald Princess 11/09,X Solstice 1/10, RCCL Navigator 12/10,X Solstice 1/11,Ruby Princess 4/11, X Solstice 12/11, RCCL Liberty 1/12, Ruby Princess 3/12, RCCL Majesty 9/12, RCCL Allure 12/12, RCCL Liberty 2/13, X Silhouette 3/13, RCCL Liberty 11/13, X Silhouette 12/13, RCCL Liberty 2/14

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for your opinion on Oasis! We love Freedom class and have been wary to try the larger ships. It just seems sooo big! It is great to hear about other's experiences. We may have to try it in the future.

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:27 PM
5,000+ Club

Thumbs up

Oasis and Allure are our favorite ships. The only reason we sail other ships is for a different itinerary. When the itinerary doesn't matter, it is Oasis and Allure for us.

Old December 29th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingator2 View Post
To date the Oasis twins are my all time favorites but that doesn't mean that I can't or won't enjoy other ships. A lot depends on the itinerary. Will be trying Celebrity in March and am excited to try yet another line. The only cruise line that no longer interests me and is off the list is Carnival.
To each his own. While Carnival doesn't have Oasis-class-type ships, this line will always hold a special place in my heart. (I still have two future sailing certificates and a Carnival credit card with points to use on a future cruise! )
Oasis of the Seas Transatlantic Westbound, Fall 2014 -- Allure of the Seas (Aunt Linda sails again!), Summer 2014 -- Carnival Conquest, Spring 2013 -- Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean (Lindapalooza 2.0), Summer, 2013 -- Radiance of the Seas 2012 review (FINALLY finished) -- Carnival Liberty Eastern 2012 review -- Oasis of the Seas 2011 -- Carnival Dream 2010 -- Carnival Destiny 2009 -- Celebration 2008 -- Holiday 2007 -- M/S Southward -- Big Red Boat ???? -- M/S Sunward ????

Old December 29th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The downfall of sailing on the best ships in the world!

Upcoming Cruises:
None!

33 Nights at Sea....
Cruise History:
6/11 - Allure of the Seas - 7 Night Western Caribbean
4/11 - Navigator of the Seas - 5 Night Western Caribbean
12/09 - Oasis of the Seas - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean ***Inaugural Sailing***
6/05 - Navigator of the Seas - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
3/01 - Disney Magic - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean