Rental Car Drop Off at Tampa Port?

kate1970

Hertz office is about 2 blocks away from the port area. We rented form National at the TPA airport and they offer free shuttle service to and from the port - the ride takes about 15 minutes. Good luck! :)

Thank you to everyone who responded. I went on the Hertz website to do a mock reservation with a drop off at the port location. Unfortunately, they don't accept drop offs. Tinkmom, maybe if you try going on their site you can see if they offer what you are looking for.

I'm going to give them a call for more info and if it is different than above, I'll post.

Thanks, John. We're not renting a car before the cruise, so I guess we'll call and let them know?

At Port Canaveral, they run shuttles constantly when the ships come in and you just wait at their stop. I didn't know if it was the same in Tampa, but not sure if we need to actually let them know before we leave, or call from the ship that morning . . .

It would probably be a good idea to call from the ship that morning. If the shuttle is from the airport, that's quite a bit further than in Port Canaveral, where the car rental companies are within a couple miles of the port, and they might not run a continuous cycle in Tampa.

It would probably be a good idea to call from the ship that morning. If the shuttle is from the airport, that's quite a bit further than in Port Canaveral, where the car rental companies are within a couple miles of the port, and they might not run a continuous cycle in Tampa.

Correct - it is a 15 minute or so ride from the TPA airport to the port, and I would call them as you are leaving the ship, before you get to luggage and customs/immigration.

If you get a good deal from some other company that does not shuttle, a taxi to TPA from the port is a flat rate of $25+tip. Good luck! :)

Hertz does have a drop off and pick up at the port but you have to make the reservation by phone. They also have a pick up and drop off location at the Marriott Waterside. That can be made on line and then you just call to confirm pick up or drop off. The Marriott also has a shuttle to the port.

• 2 months later...
Thanks, John. We're not renting a car before the cruise, so I guess we'll call and let them know?

At Port Canaveral, they run shuttles constantly when the ships come in and you just wait at their stop. I didn't know if it was the same in Tampa, but not sure if we need to actually let them know before we leave, or call from the ship that morning . . .

I am curious what you ended up edoing. We want to rent a car only on our return from the cruise as well. Hertz apparently charges an extra $50 to pick up at he port then drop off at the airport. Thanks!

I am curious what you ended up edoing. We want to rent a car only on our return from the cruise as well. Hertz apparently charges an extra $50 to pick up at he port then drop off at the airport. Thanks!

You can cab to TPA and rent from anhy of the agencies there for only $25+tip; National shuttle was free both ways. Good luck! :)

• 3 years later...
Does anyone know if you can drop off your rental car at the Tampa Port and which rental agencies allow this? I've gone through a lot of other threads so if I missed it and am repeating, I apologize.

I know that Enterprise will pick up and drop off. It has a shop on Kennedy that is not too far from the port. They would probably be willing to shuttle you to the port if you drop off there.