Passing up the upgrade offer

SweetPea0517

We received an email from Carnival today giving us the chance to upgrade from our balcony on 6 to the panoramic level 10 or the spa deck level 11 for $40 for the 2 of us. When I called them she said there was one cabin left on 11 and about 5 of them on level 10. When I looked up the cabin numbers the spa deck was the cabin right by the steam room so I thought that could be noisy or too much heat coming through to our cabin. Plus she said there is no extras on the Conquest spa deck like the other ships. Then the panoramic deck 10 she said they are just regular cabins but we are up higher so it is a better view.

We have never had this offered to us before so we hated passing it up but we didn't want to give up being more in the middle of the ship floor wise too.

We love lido deck balconies for the close proximity to all things out on lido, the pools, the bars, the buffet, etc. It's nice to have your cabin close by if you want to run to your cabin quickly and use your own restroom, grab something, etc. without having to use the elevators or stairs. If no lido balcony is available (or none to our liking), we would go one deck up with no problem.

On the Conquest, deck 10 would be one deck up from lido and just a few steps to all the action. I probably would have taken that deal. We've never had any issues with motion when we were up that high (we were just on deck 10 on the Breeze--which is lido on that ship).

I'm sure you'll enjoy your balcony on deck 6, and, yes, the cabins on the inside are the same (spa deck cabins on some ships do have a different décor, but I've heard that if you upgrade to a spa cabin you don't get the special access to the spa as someone who paid "full" fare).

Have a great cruise!

Our cruise is the Southern 8 day in February. We had friends take this cruise last year & they had commented around Aruba the swells were very high & things were rocking pretty good. I know every ship & weather is different but I didn't want any trouble with not feeling well. Now if it was a better room & balcony I would have done it in a heartbeat!

It can be a tough decision. You hate to pass up an 'upgrade' but it may not be better for you. If it's not a better cabin for you, then it's not really an upgrade, even though Carnival considers it to be one.

I took an upgrade to a lower deck once and by the 3rd day was wishing I had not done it. We had some inside cabins on deck 10 and took an 'upgrade' to oceanview on deck 2.

It was nice to be able to board on port days and just walk up the steps and head to the room very quickly, but that was the only upside. We would much rather have had the higher deck inside cabin.

It's a process. We've tried it and now know not to do that again.