obstructed view celebrity eclipse

carioca_oslo

hello, I booked a guaranteed veranda on celebrity eclipse (excellent price) and I was assigned cabin 6249 on continental deck, which is a category 2C cabin with obstructed view. just wondering how much of the view is obstructed by the lifeboats?

• 1 month later...

+Welcome to Cruise Critic. If you go to the Celebrity board here at CC, at the top is a sticky with descriptions of cabins on the Solstice class ships. It appears that the obstruction is supports for the lifeboats. Closest cabin reviewed is 6250.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018&page=51

See post #1504

EM

I have cabin 6249 in April 2012, how was it. Gary

The cabin was actually pretty good, in fact very little of the view was obstructed. The lifeboats are on deck 5, so you get a good view of the ocean and just the top of the lifeboats and davits. I usually book obstructed view cabins because they are usually a good deal and I must say that the cabin layout of the ship impressed me. The location of the cabin is also very convenient, just a few steps from elevators. Cabin steward really did a superb job and the cabin was always very well cleaned.

On a negative side, service and dining on Celebrity really has dropped, nothing like it was just a few years ago which really was disappointing.

Archived