hdmi inputs on tv?

SteveAndBecky

I have not sailed the Breeze... However, last year when I was on the Miracle, the tv did have HDMI inputs.

Bad part... there was no way to switch the tv to the HDMI input. It was blocked. We were sailing with a (at the time) 15 month old that loved watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We had to settle for having him watch it off the laptop we brought along.

The port is there, but it has been disabled. Unless you are in a suite. I forget which suites have the HDMI ports that work, but none of the ones in a regular cabin work. I'm hoping it is one the things that gets upgraded on the Vista!

The ports aren't disabled only the remote has been disabled from allowing you to change inputs. We bought a $12 universal remote, once onboard we looked up the code for the type of TV in the cabin, and were able to switch to the open HDMI ports and hook up an Xbox.

I doubt they are going to weld shut thousands of HDMI ports. Besides unlike the booze they make a huge profit on TV is hardly a "cash cow." So we should be safe until they figure out a way to gouge us on reruns of Love Boat or Fantasy Island.

shhh. please don't spill the secrets . remember for years people talked about how easy it was to sneak booze on to the ship now look what happened

It still is. The banning of water bottles only stops novices.

It still is. The banning of water bottles only stops novices.

Yes you're right , on our last cruise , our friends had 4 liters confiscated they had in rum runners stashed in checked luggage, luckily ours made it . After 33 cruises they got busted .My post had more to do with not disclosing the how to and used smuggling alcohol as the example

The ports aren't disabled only the remote has been disabled from allowing you to change inputs. We bought a $12 universal remote, once onboard we looked up the code for the type of TV in the cabin, and were able to switch to the open HDMI ports and hook up an Xbox.

Great advice!! We have brought along a universal remote from home during our last few sailings in order to change the television inputs.

So many passengers assume it is a disabled port on the back of the television, when it is the remote control input feature itself that has been disabled.

:)

Great advice!! We have brought along a universal remote from home during our last few sailings in order to change the television inputs.

So many passengers assume it is a disabled port on the back of the television, when it is the remote control input feature itself that has been disabled.

Is the on-screen menu disabled? If not, you should be able to anything with that that could do with a remote.

No it is not. Just the input feature on the remote itself.So far, have used a universal remote on the Breeze, Splendor, Dream & Magic.

Have to agree with the Conquest, their feed is coax, two HDMI on the back. Supplied remote does not have function to change inputs and no manual buttons on the TV.

That said posted here how you maybe able to change input :D;)

I did find a way.

Edited by Brighton Line