Hotel help

H3one6B

I am sure this is probably the wrong place to ask this or even if I can post the website but has anyone ever used lastminutetravel for hotel bookings? Are they reliable?

Hi,

I have used LMT twice. Both times the rates that I paid were lower than if I booked directly with the hotel.

Both times I called them as well ( after seeing their posted rate on the web site) and they lower the rate a little more.

I have used them a couple of times. For hotels that I could 'guess' it was OK. I booked a hotel for Spain and it was not 'in town' as advertised. LMT did nothing except say 5 miles away was 'in town'. In town to me is walking distance to restaurants and other sites.

Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire were all similar pricing when I recently booked a hotel in NYC across from the airport, so I could take a cruise the next day. I got a nice hotel for $96 plus tax...I thought that was great! I narrowed it down to Priceline, and instead of doing the bidding part, I took the Express deal that popped up...and was guaranteed one of about 4 hotels around the airport. I lucked out and got the best one I think...Hampton at LaGuardia.

One time I used Priceline for a precruise hotel in Miami and also got a fabulous hotel there too for a very low price..$75, that was 4 years ago, so prices have gone up since. It was super nice...and it was from bidding for my price, so you never know.

Archived