Sailing from Miami

midwestchick

The Intercontinental Miami fits your requirements. There are always deal to be had there. If you can forget about the view The JW Marriott Marquis is also very good, or lower budget The Holiday Inn just down from the Intercontinental.

I stayed at the IC. Had club floor. friends had a better view than I did. you could walk to several places for dinner. Holiday Inn is a great location but the people who stayed there said it was so/so as far as room.. they do not do fancy and they still felt it was only fair.

Thanks to all of you for your input. The Intercontinental is booked for our dates. I will check out the other hotels. Someone else gave me a couple of recommendations also.

you just booking now for Dec???? it is season in FL. it i starts in Nov and goes thru April. know you jsut booked the cruise.

what about MB ? or the Doral near airport.. no water but nice. also the Biltmore in the gables or Coconut grove.. all options.

you just booking now for Dec???? it is season in FL. it i starts in Nov and goes thru April. know you jsut booked the cruise.

what about MB ? or the Doral near airport.. no water but nice. also the Biltmore in the gables or Coconut grove.. all options.

Just booked the cruise this week. We're flying in a day early and want to be close to the market downtown.

Just booked the cruise this week. We're flying in a day early and want to be close to the market downtown.

Bayside! then the choices are limited. I went for MB again as i can walk to walgreens for last minute things or Lincoln RD mall to eat. type in bayside mall then ask the computer for hotels near by. the 3 closest have been mention. had to believe the IC is full as it like 36 floors.

Bayside! then the choices are limited. I went for MB again as i can walk to walgreens for last minute things or Lincoln RD mall to eat. type in bayside mall then ask the computer for hotels near by. the 3 closest have been mention. had to believe the IC is full as it like 36 floors.

I'll look at the Lincoln Rd. mall. I was choosing the Bayside area because of restaurants.

I've typed my dates in 3 different times and it states there is no availability for one or more of my dates. I may have to stick with the Holiday Inn...not the fanciest but okay for one night.

I'll look at the Lincoln Rd. mall. I was choosing the Bayside area because of restaurants.

I've typed my dates in 3 different times and it states there is no availability for one or more of my dates. I may have to stick with the Holiday Inn...not the fanciest but okay for one night.

I am at the Ritz club floor. serves breakfast, lunch, snacks and dessert. 2 minutes from Walgreens and 5 minutes from about 20 places to eat. plus stores. love to shop even when i do not buy. also very safe jogging -walking area behind hotel. goes for miles. but many m,any hotels right there-Doral and Fountainblu and more all up and down the area.. some very art deco. but old. .Ritz and art deco building but great pool and beach. but many cheaper places near by. also wrote to you on RC

We've twice stayed in South Beach prior to cruising, but next winter I've chosen the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, which apparently is close to some large mall. The area has good reviews.

it is called BAYSIDE. mostly all spanish or italien food and lots of shops.. you can see the port from there.

We've twice stayed in South Beach prior to cruising, but next winter I've chosen the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, which apparently is close to some large mall. The area has good reviews.

You are correct - according to IHG it is Holiday Inn Port of Miami not Bayside. The area is good the hotel does not have the bling of the Intercontinental but it is very acceptable

You are correct - according to IHG it is Holiday Inn Port of Miami not Bayside. The area is good the hotel does not have the bling of the Intercontinental but it is very acceptable

Possibly "ellbon" means that the mall is called Bayside and not that the hotel is called Bayside? As Bayside Marketplace is near the port.

Possibly "ellbon" means that the mall is called Bayside and not that the hotel is called Bayside? As Bayside Marketplace is near the port.

Yes, you are very correct. but you can see the Holiday Inn from there and it about a 15 minute walk to the IC.. those are the only hotels in walking distance that i can remember. .many are downtown and many sell out a year ahead for conventions. most of us would type in Holiday Inn Mia or downtown. i mention hotels that might not be booked for conventions or areas i know. 95 days out is late for a convention city. I booked in March for Nov.. the name of a hotel is not as important as the area.

i just typed in the Holiday Inn and it says sold out. i would look at Coconut Grove-either Doral or any hotel MB.

Edited by ellbon