Question about Shuttle in Victoria

MilliesMom

As one of the excursion options for Victoria, Princess offers a round trip shuttle/motor coach from the ship into Victoria and back. It is purely transportation into town (as it is $9 per person roundtrip and each way is only 15 minutes).

Has anyone booked this thru Princess before? Is there a set location in town where you catch the bus to return? Does the shuttle run every 15 minutes then back to the ship or every 1/2 hour? Felt they probably have more than one shuttle but wasn't sure.

Thanks.

I just want to note if you like to walk it is about a 20 minute walk into town. It's a nice walk with nice views and I prefer it over a shuttle.

My guess is that the shuttles would run every 30 minutes and there is one drop off point but someone can confirm that for you.

Keith

There is a shuttle service from the cruise terminal to across the street from the Empress Hotel which operates for $8 pp rtn or you have the option of a cab for about $10 each way. There is also public transit from just outside the gates of the terminal which costs $2.50 pp each way discounted to $1.65 for seniors...CDN funds only. The downtown is a very pleasant, safe, 20 min , level walk if you wish.

Thank you for the information.

Do you just follow the harbor/water to town? I've been to Victoria lots of times (grew up in WA state), but this will be the first time we will go into town from the ship. So excited to have a daytime rather than evening port call there. We stayed on the ship last time as we didn't get in until 7 pm and left at midnight. This time we get in at 7 am and leave at 2 pm which will be great.

Nice that the cab is just a tiny bit more than the shuttle.

Thank you for the information.

Do you just follow the harbor/water to town? I've been to Victoria lots of times (grew up in WA state), but this will be the first time we will go into town from the ship. So excited to have a daytime rather than evening port call there. We stayed on the ship last time as we didn't get in until 7 pm and left at midnight. This time we get in at 7 am and leave at 2 pm which will be great.

Nice that the cab is just a tiny bit more than the shuttle.

Here's an interactive google map showing the route: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212770407613531027445.0004665d7f3e28f06866d&msa=0&ll=48.417495,-123.375607&spn=0.023356,0.031071

As usual, the cruise line shuttle is somewhat overpriced, given the short distance, and the fact that the per person price is not much difference from a taxi (for 2 or more)

Archived