Spash Island?

awtorrey

Hi

I just found out about Splash Island water park at Reduit beach. Has anyone been there? Just wanted to know what your opinion of it is. Is it worth the $30 for a half day admission? If my husband and I went with our daughter and grand daughter and didn't want to do the water floats/toys/whatever, do we have to pay? How is the beach and the water? Is it calm of are there are lot of waves? Is there any good snorkeling around there? I would like to go to a nice quiet beach and snorkel and relax but this will be my 9 year old grand daughter's first cruise and this is something that I think she would love. Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi

I just found out about Splash Island water park at Reduit beach. Has anyone been there? Just wanted to know what your opinion of it is. Is it worth the $30 for a half day admission? If my husband and I went with our daughter and grand daughter and didn't want to do the water floats/toys/whatever, do we have to pay? How is the beach and the water? Is it calm of are there are lot of waves? Is there any good snorkeling around there? I would like to go to a nice quiet beach and snorkel and relax but this will be my 9 year old grand daughter's first cruise and this is something that I think she would love. Thanks in advance for any input.

Reduit Beach, where "Splash Island" is located, is a very popular beach in the north, with several hotels located along it, Water sports for hire, chairs and umbrellas for rent, etc. It's fairly active on Cruise ship days given the extra day guests all along the stretch. Splash Island is fun and could be worth it for your granddaughter if you think K she would play on it for a few hours. You don't have to buy a pass, but I don't know what their transportation policy would be for a group where only one bought a pass foe the experience.. You would have to check with them. There's a few beach restaurants along the strip also. No snorkeling on Reduit beach, but good swimming and water sports, it's protected Bay. Could be worth checking into for your day. The y are usually good at reasoning to questions, so I would message them for more info if you're interested....Enjoy your visit.

Thank you Reedprincess. I really appreciate the information. I plan to touch base with them when the trip gets closer. I didn't realize they provided transportation, I was just planning to take a taxi. And thanks for the snorkeling info... I will leave my gear on the boat for this stop. And I KNOW my granddaughter would play on it for a long time... at least until she got hungry and thirsty. I showed her pictures and she's excited about going there. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you'll check this again but we were just in st Lucia. We bought a day pass at bay garden resort. It was a beautiful resort. We loved it. With the pass, you get 1/2 day pass to splash island water park. Unfortunately the water was way too rough for my 12 year old niece to swim out to the water park. I am an experienced swimmer and it would have been rough for me to get to the water park and stay on. The water and waves were so high that I saw people thrown off the equipment. Stay at the resort for the day. The resort was well worth the price.