Cost for taxi to Lac Bay?

kim826

Wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to get to Lac Bay as well as any charges there for chairs, etc. Looking for a nice beach day with no snorkeling. Would this place be your best recommendation? Thanks for any help!

Wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to get to Lac Bay as well as any charges there for chairs, etc. Looking for a nice beach day with no snorkeling. Would this place be your best recommendation? Thanks for any help!

There were 8 of us and the taxi fare was very reasonable. I want to say about $6 each and it is a considerable drive from the port. We asked for Serbron at LacBac which we ended up walking "back" to, as he left us off at the Windsurfing location next door. Chairs to the left at the windsurfing area, might have been a better bet for water entry. Although Serbron was nice for the sunbeds, entry into the water is blocked by what I call "Marsh". There was a pier and stairway you could use to walk down into the water. We paid $5 per person and the sunbed cost was split between 2 couples at $10 each I believe. There are restrooms at the hotel/restaurant area and bar service by the beach boy. It is a lovely spot, very European cottages and a pretty location. It was nice to see the other side of the island.

Sorry almost forgot to answer your snorkeling question: I did not see anyone snorkeling or with snorkel equipment. There is a breaker out quite a ways probably to prevent the Windsurfers from going out too far. They were really moving. There is a school right there as well.

Edited by Nanatravel