Pacific Jewel - I'll try to answer your questions!

chrisb74

Next Thursday to Sunday I'll be on the Jewel. Rather than doing a review, If anyone has any questions please post them and i'll try to find answers or take photos.

I notice the P&O forum is a bit quiet so I thought i'd try to contribute.

Next Thursday to Sunday I'll be on the Jewel. Rather than doing a review, If anyone has any questions please post them and i'll try to find answers or take photos.

Just booked the Singapore to Brisbane cruise and this will be first time with P & O .Have loads of questions, drink prices, service charge for drinks and gratuities. I understand that tipping can not be prepaid. Average price for wine ,internet and other optional extras.

Thanks for any info you can supply.

No service charges for drinks. No formal gratuities but there is a form in the back of the cabin book if you want to leave some.

c66a391da696d8c10bc7f6842bc851f6.jpg

9451255013f40423341eca01c5ff50fc.jpg

Connections drinks menus.

8b89bb7e69ef6385681e50f49798168a.jpg

7b6845cf279e2b6ff1bfc7a36dde5b2d.jpg

d5eabc9029aeeff4b80d90ac0351c07f.jpg

3527edf0aa4a00269f02da7f05158942.jpg

Waterfront dinner drinks menu.

Thanks very much for very comprehensive list of on-board prices for alcohol and internet. Any other info on what P & O calls "optional extras"at cost?

Thanks for posting all the bar and food menus - it all looks so good! Love that you are willing to answer our questions while on your vacation. Can you please tell me who your captain and CD are?

d3fd79c3ddb7dae95dbe267b7e49e1b1.jpg

Adventure stuff. (titanic? $39 seems cheap for them to sink the whole ship. Maybe they just toss you overboard with a hot girl and a chunk of wood. Mm. That could end badly. ) (really, it's the 'king of the world' bit standing on the bow. ).

Edited by chrisb74

Thanks very much for very comprehensive list of on-board prices for alcohol and internet. Any other info on what P & O calls "optional extras"at cost?

Other than what I've posted there is the Spa treatments which are the most expensive optional thing. There are a few activities that cost $10-$20 like wine tasting or martini making. Laundry is also charged but there is an onboard laundrette including irons. Washing and drying costs, irons are free.

When we were on her in 2013 we got a real taste for the Midori Illusion,(put on to it by Marlon,probably the best pool deck drink waiter on the ship at the time)but I notice it is not on the drinks list,is it still available ?.

I just found this on a another post. So for those on J522 or later things will be different!

Just adding to my last posting - here is a list of things that will apparently be done to P&O Pacific Jewel in Singapore - June 2015

* No Buffet - food bar instead called The Pantry with new food venues.

* Dragon Lady Restaurant (Asian fusion food)

* Angelo's (Italian)

* Open Kitchen

* Salt Grill Bar for cocktails at Salt Grill Restaurant.

* Improved pool deck

* New Floorshows.

Also a blue stripe will be added to the outside of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chrisb74. Awesome information thank you. I am travelling 28 June. What were the shore trips like since the cyclone. Any in particular you would recommend/avoid?