Just back from Explorer!

Ann25

I will be sailing the Eastern Caribbean route on the Explorer in January. This will be my first cruise and I was wondering what your impressions were about the ports and the ship in general.

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well, the ship is beautiful and kept very well. The crew is excellent and will do anything to help you and make your cruise and unforgettable time. The food this time around was very good too. Portofino was INCREDIBLE!

We ususally do the radiance class of ships (The Brilliance of the Seas). The Explorer is very BIG. It can hold up too 3400 people and 1600 crew. It did this time around. There were so many people and the ship is very big. It takes you awhile to get around.

The good thing about the ship being so big was that we had run into some bad weather. The ship was so steady. A shift here & there but if you have a choice between being on a small ship or a big one in bad weather its the big one all the way.

The ports of call were great. Our first port of call was San Juan and because of the bad weather we got there 2 hours late. it was after 5:00 and alot of things were closed. Plus, it was raining, so I really can't say anything about it. We went into old San Juan and it was ok. Next, we went to St. Maarten, which was absolutely beautiful. we did an excursion to Divi Beach. They took us to a resort and we sat on the beach all day. They had a great bar-b-q and even had crab races. The next day was St. Thomas. That was also a very beautiful place. Do not miss Megans Bay. Nassau was ok. Been there before. We decided to stay on the ship and enjoy the pool.

If there is anything else I can tell you. let me know.

Crusin 04

Ann 25

Archived