Flight out of Miami

jkzs

I am cruising on the Breeze in February. Looking at a return flight of 10:00am out of Miami. I have never flown in to or out of MIA always use FLL. Is it crazy to book a flight that early? Any opinions would be great.

Thank you :)

I am cruising on the Breeze in February. Looking at a return flight of 10:00am out of Miami. I have never flown in to or out of MIA always use FLL. Is it crazy to book a flight that early? Any opinions would be great.

Thank you :)

YES!!!

The cruise lines recommend and lots of us regular cruisers never book before 11am or even noon. Book a later flight.

For a 10:00 AM flight you need to be at MIA by 8:30 (and earlier is better if you've seen the TSA lines at MIA :eek:); with a 15+ minute cab ride from POM to MIA that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs & immigration by about 8:00.

Not impossible, but also not likely. Book something closer to noon. :cool:

Is the issue more because of the port or the MIA airport? We have an 11:40 am, on a Wednesday with few ships in the port. And, our ship is only 700 passengers. Would not have booked it if I thought there would have been an issue.

Depending on the time of debarkation, going from the POM to MIA with an 11:40am shouldn't be a problem. The OP was looking at a 10:00am flight which is way too early.

Is the issue more because of the port or the MIA airport? We have an 11:40 am, on a Wednesday with few ships in the port. And, our ship is only 700 passengers. Would not have booked it if I thought there would have been an issue.

More the port but airport like any airport can have long lines.

11:40 AM will be OK if you are porting in Miami and going to the Miami airport.

Keith

Thanks Taxaurelius and Keith. I only became concerned after reading another thread regarding MIA flight times and saw that some felt that even before noon was a bit early. I was hoping the light port day (3000 passengers), would mitigate the situation.

I can imagine the port would be a zoo when there are a number of larger ships in port and will now keep that in mind.

Was on the breeze. Took till 9:15 to clear the ship for disembarkation. Enjoy your last morning and book an afternoon flight

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Geez....:D And I thought we would only have this problem at Port Everglades. Good thing we booked a late PM flight in November then. This is why we never, ever, book a flight before noon. You just never know when you'll get to walk off the ship. ;)

Cruisers aren't a huge chunk of Miami's tourism so having only a few ships in port means very little however having a lot of ships in port will impact travel.

That said, you will be fine.

Edited by BlueHerons