RCCL New England / Canada Cruise Shore Excursions?

rknelson3

My folks will be taking a fall cruise on RCCL through New England & Canada... mom uses a mobility scooter. She can walk a few steps with assistance, but would not be able to climb steep stairs into a bus etc. Can anyone tell me if there are any shore excursions on these East Coast ports that would work for her? None of the brochure descriptions indicate accessibility.

• 1 month later...

My wife is in a similar situation. Uses the scooter for distance and can walk a few steps or find her way around a small shop when necessary. We did this trip a few years ago and she had no problems. We did not use any ship tours, however. Our ports (what I can remember):

New London, Connecticutt: We rented a car for the day and drove to Mystic Seaport and then toured small towns and had lunch.

Halifax: We arranged for a driver for the day.

St. John's: We didn't take a tour. We just walked around while my wife rode. It was no problem getting around.

Portland: Again, not a town that needs a tour. Very easy to get around. Some of the shops had a few steps to get into.

Boston: We met my sister for the day, who lives there. Took a taxi to central Boston and back, which was no problem.

The port in Bayonne, NJ is very easy. RCCL took great care of my wife both embarking and disembarking. Then we spent a few days in New York after the cruise.

Archived