Downtown Miami Bakery

emeraldcity

We'll be in Miami Friday morning ... staying at the downtown Hilton. We decided that since we'll be having full breakfasts on the cruise, it would be wonderfully decadent to go find a bakery and get some great pastries for breakfast before catching a cab for the port. Does anyone have any recommendations for a bakery within walking distance?

You can walk to a Publix and they have a great bakery section. They also have tables and chairs and you can grab a coffee.

the Publix is across the street and down a block. It's a really big Publix, nice and new.

Edited by cjskids

You can walk to a Publix and they have a great bakery section. They also have tables and chairs and you can grab a coffee.

the Publix is across the street and down a block. It's a really big Publix, nice and new.

Thanks for the tip! We'll have to check it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wonder if that's the same place the Marriott directed me to a couple years ago when I was looking for a nearby drug store to pick up a couple of things before my last Majesty cruise. I remember being surprised that a drug store seemed to have so many grocery aisles.

Thank you for the suggestion. Looks of plenty of pastry items on the web site.

Edited by emeraldcity

I wonder if that's the same place the Marriott directed me to a couple years ago when I was looking for a nearby drug store to pick up a couple of things before my last Majesty cruise. I remember being surprised that a drug store seemed to have so many grocery aisles.

We could pick up some toiletries while we're at it. I've filled my one quart bag already and The sunscreen won't fit :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will not be able to get past the fried chicken.

Do yourself and your tastebuds a favor. Succumb to the temptation.

There is the Ricky bakery @ 3252 ne Burma vista blvd #108 786-477-6235 it's quoted as the famous bakery in Miami that everyone is talking about

There is, however that is no where near the hotel that they are staying at. Would be a cab ride for a small breakfast and they has asked for some place within walking distance of their hotel.

The Publix that is on the corner of 17th is walkable from their hotel and is a really great publix with a great bakery. I shop there weekly and am willing to drive there even though I can walk to the Publix at Mary Brickell because it's such a nice Publix. Their baked goods, including their latin american selections are excellent at this location.

Edited by cjskids

there's a park on the bay just north of the hotel ... do they have picnic tables there?

I believe they do but my girlfriend who lives right there said that there are a lot of people who walk their dogs and don't pick up so you have to be really careful when you walk. It can be a busy park but there can also be homeless people hanging around.

I only drive in that area so perhaps someone who spends time over there can weigh in.

• 2 weeks later...
Does Publix happen to serve breakfast as well? While I'd be fine with just a pastry, the guys will need more substance...bacon, eggs, omelets, etc. If not, could you recommend someplace close by that offers a reasonable breakfast?

Thanks.

Not sure of the proximity to your hotel but just a 10 minute stroll north on Biscayne from the Marriott and Doubletree location is a deli/bakery type place we found to be very good. Here is a link to their site. Perhaps one of the locals would provide further input on this

http://www.thedailycreativefoodco.com

_____

Karen

Edited by Normal 1

Not sure of the proximity to your hotel but just a 10 minute stroll north on Biscayne from the Marriott and Doubletree location is a deli/bakery type place we found to be very good. Here is a link to their site. Perhaps one of the locals would provide further input on this

http://www.thedailycreativefoodco.com

_____

Karen

Thanks. We'll have a car, so distance won't be a problem, but it looks like we can actually walk to this place. :)