Dune Buggy Review June 2007

rosebud6362

My new hubby and I did this excursion and totally loved it. It was from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Put on bug spray though. I got bitten during the short hike to the highest point in Grand Turk. The tour guide gives a quick talk up there about Grand Turk's history and stuff. We drove our Dune Buggy all over the island and saw lots of things from road side animals to the lighthouse. We still had time for Margaritaville's pool and a swim in the ocean after the excursion ended. Very cool. You get dirty and wet though so don't go in nice clothes:)

thanks for this review! i have it booked for me and the boyfriend in August, i'm very excited for it.

and p.s. CONGRATULATIONS!! and did you post your wedding review yet? (i'm a wedding&honeymoon board lurker, hahah)

Rosebud: Can you tell me more about the excursion, did you book thru the cruise line? What cruise were you on? How expensive was it?

we are traveling with 10 people and are trying to find something to do on the Island, this seems like it could accomodate all of us and still leave time for M'Ville :)

Thanks for any more info you could give

I don't remember how much it was, I think about $200 per dune buggy. Most buggies hold 2 people, but there were 2 that hold 4 people. We booked it through Crown Princess. Had to stay in a line with the other people the whole time. They moved the slow poke behind us to the back so he wouldnt hold everyone else up. (He was the guy who brought the gal in heels and a fancy outfit). We got totally SOAKED going through a huge puddle in the dunes. Guides were great, one at front, one in back. Totally controlled street traffic during the part when we had to drive on the streets. It was located right off the pier which was totally great as well.

We've booked this excursion for our stop at Grand Turk in November. We booked the 11:15-1:30 time. It sounds like fun and DW is looking forward to it and then some time at Margaritaville.

I've read that you get dirty and wet on this excursion. I wanted to take my camera with me so I could take some pics while we are on the excursion, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea now.

I brought my nice camera, but it almost got ruined during the water part. I didn't take the guide's warning seriously enough that we were going to get wet. We literally got soaked! I had put my camera in it's case, wrapped the case in a towel and put it in my beach bag. That worked just barely enough to keep it dry!

My DH and I just did the dune buggy excursion on June 20th . We booked through the Crown Princess. You will get muddy and wet. They save the wet part for the end of the trip. We brought a cheap disposable camera which worked great. I believe they run 2 tours when in Grand Turk. We took the second one from 11:30-1:30 which gets you back just in time to board. I would try to book the earlier one if you want to have a drink in Margaritaville. We saw wild horses,goats many birds. I did not get bit by any bugs. It was very hot though and the short bit of rain we had felt great. The dunebuggy is set up like a nascar. I found the steering difficult and left the driving to my hubby. You do need to stay in a line at all times. You drive on the opposite side of the road in Grand turk which is very interesting. We loved it. Enjoy!

I brought my nice camera, but it almost got ruined during the water part. I didn't take the guide's warning seriously enough that we were going to get wet. We literally got soaked! I had put my camera in it's case, wrapped the case in a towel and put it in my beach bag. That worked just barely enough to keep it dry!

Thanks rosebud. I want to take my camera along since the tour seems to go to many parts of the island. I was going to take a backpack with us so we could carry water, towels, bug spray, etc. I'll put my camera in its case and but that in a ziplock in the backpack to make sure it doesn't get wet.

Archived