Walk to the Fortess in Agadir

tring

We are due to dock in Agadir in November for the second time.

Does anyone know if it is possible to walk to the Fortress from the port from a safety point of view? I know we can get a taxi, but the walk up and down appeals, as long as we are not at risk of being mown down by taxis etc.

Edited by tring

Iwould not do it - very dry and dusty and if the wind blows as it some times does you will be covered in red dust also not a whole hell of a lot to see.

Thanks for that reply. I appreciate there is 'not a whole hell of a lot to see' up there, but we have been to Agadir previously and felt much the same about the rest of the town! Weather should be pleasant there in November though, compared to the UK.

Edited by tring

We did a ships tour -not expensive to Taroudant -a walled city about 1 hour bus drive saw the beautiful Atlas Mountains all the way -visited a souk sand it was a great day and would do it all over again

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info about that tour. We had considered it, but thought it may be a bit rushed as we are only in for half a day, but if the views are good all the way it may be worth re thinking.

We have done a lot of independent travelling in North Africa on land based hols in Tunisia, Egypt and in Marrakech, so the souk will not be anything unusual for us, which is why we had discounted the idea.

Edited by tring