Le Harve

Does anyone have any info on things to do in Le Harve, especially on a Sunday? I am thinking of not going to Paris as it is expensive, a long ways away from the port, and will be there on a Sunday Which means shopping is very limited. What info do you have.

Thanks so much

Does anyone have any info on things to do in Le Harve, especially on a Sunday? I am thinking of not going to Paris as it is expensive, a long ways away from the port, and will be there on a Sunday Which means shopping is very limited. What info do you have.

Thanks so much

Have you considered options from Le Havre other than Paris? Last May, we took the train from Le Havre to Rouen and spent a very nice day there. Not expensive at all if you DIY and train offers senior discounts. :) You can check-out the prices on the sncf site:

http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/

Edited by dogs4fun

Le Havre is in France so this subject might get a better response on the France board. Sundays are an issue and there really is not much to see in Le Havre. Good Sunday options might include just going over the Honfleur to enjoy a nice lunch on the small harbor or perhaps going to the D-Day beaches.

Hank

We were there in November and rented a car from Enterprise (an 8 euro taxi ride from the ship terminal), and drove to Honfleur. It is a stunning little village, only about 20 minutes away! We loved our day there!

I did a review of that (Independence of the Seas) which you can find in my signature below if you're interested in seeing or reading more!

Have fun!

We were there in November and rented a car from Enterprise (an 8 euro taxi ride from the ship terminal), and drove to Honfleur. It is a stunning little village, only about 20 minutes away! We loved our day there!

I did a review of that (Independence of the Seas) which you can find in my signature below if you're interested in seeing or reading more!

Have fun!

Loved your review so thank you very much. Now I have to find out if stores are open on Sundays.

Anyways this looks like a good option. Our French is about as good as yours, but apparently you were able to do just fine. Thanks again

Le Havre is in France so this subject might get a better response on the France board. Sundays are an issue and there really is not much to see in Le Havre. Good Sunday options might include just going over the Honfleur to enjoy a nice lunch on the small harbor or perhaps going to the D-Day beaches.

Hank

We walked from the ship to the bus terminal area and took the bus to Honfleur for the day. It was very inexpensive day and Honfleur is not to be missed since you are so close. Paris is too far for a one day excursion.....just my personal opinion.

Marion