Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Holland America Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Holland America Line
Read thousands of Holland America Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Holland America Cruise Deals

How to Organize a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Meet & Greet) on Board Your Holland America Cruise

NEW! Find Your HOLLAND AMERICA Roll Call

Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default SY cabins Signature Class vs Vista Class

I have been pouring over the pictures on Joanie's thread of the cabins on both classes of ships. It seems to me that the Vista class SY cabins are larger and the balconies are deeper. Is this so or am I just "seeing" things? I really want to try out the Signature Class ships but I am a bit hesitant as the cabins seem smaller.

For those of you who have done the Signature Class ships, the SQ cabins seem even less desirable than the SY. Looking for more information.

Thank you again Joanie for giving us something to look at!!

Old January 25th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am bumping this one back up. Hopefully, someone has some information for me....PLEASE

Old January 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
20,000+ Club

I have been on both - to me the SY's seem smaller on the signature ships - but i didn't measure them

Personally, I don't care for the spa cabins - they are smaller cabins than the others in their category. Unless the included spa features appeal to you, they have no benefit.

That's just my opinion though.

Old January 25th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you Kazu...you have confirmed what I was thinking. DH spends the majority of a cruise in our cabin just chillin' so the more room the merrier. We are working within a certain budget so we want to get as much bang for our buck as we can!!