Sales

BonnieSte

Does NCL have sales once in a while? If there is a sale after booking will they apply the sale to your booking or give OBC for the difference?

The "sale" you are referring to, is what is usually called "price-drops". Some times the prices goes up, and some times they go down - it is all a question of "offers and demands". You just have to check the prices yourself regularly, and if you see a price-drop you would like to take advantage of (and your final payment date has not passed), you just contact NCL (if your original booking was done directly with them, or through your travel agent if that is how you did your booking), and ask them to cancel and re-book without any penalty charges for you, to the new and lower price. Just be aware that since this is considered as cancellation and re-booking, you will probably loose any promotional perks you had with your original booking, and then instead get the current promotions (if there are any) at the time of the new booking.

The "sale" you are referring to, is what is usually called "price-drops". Some times the prices goes up, and some times they go down - it is all a question of "offers and demands". You just have to check the prices yourself regularly, and if you see a price-drop you would like to take advantage of (and your final payment date has not passed), you just contact NCL (if your original booking was done directly with them, or through your travel agent if that is how you did your booking), and ask them to cancel and re-book without any penalty charges for you, to the new and lower price. Just be aware that since this is considered as cancellation and re-booking, you will probably loose any promotional perks you had with your original booking, and then instead get the current promotions (if there are any) at the time of the new booking.

Thanks TrumpyNor, do they usually have nice promotions? I am so new to NCL it's a bit scary. haha

Thanks TrumpyNor, do they usually have nice promotions? I am so new to NCL it's a bit scary. haha

Sometimes the promotions are great, other times..nothing exciting. Just keep checking NCL.com to see what interests you.

It usually varies from month to month, and sometimes the promotions last shorter than a month as well. But current promotions are always listed on the top of the frontpage at ncl.com.

An excellent promotion just ended. So I doubt you will be seeing another really good one for a while. I suggest booking as early as possible if the price for you is acceptable, then just watch each week for possible price drop...up until final payment date. But, prices go up more often than down. Our next two cruises are up a total of $700 since we booked.

Question: if I do this (cancel and re-book), will NCL refund my deposit and require me to make a new one for the re-booking, or can the deposit from the old booking be transferred to the new one?

Question: if I do this (cancel and re-book), will NCL refund my deposit and require me to make a new one for the re-booking, or can the deposit from the old booking be transferred to the new one?

I did this just in April and I was fully expecting that was what was going to happen but it didn't. Also I booked during a 1/2 price deposit and I wasn't required to change my deposit amount. The promo sale was the same at the time, just got lucky with a HUGE price drop when the "room service scandal" hit the fan. Went from a B6 to an M6 and got a price drop of $70.

I can't say for sure how it worked, I called the big box TA I go threw and sat on hold until he came back on the line and told me everything was set so YMMV.

I rebooked in March in order to take advantage of the promos NCL was running at the time. They did not "refund" my original deposit, but automatically applied it to the new booking. I simply had to pay the difference between the deposit for the balcony we had originally booked, and the deposit for the Haven that we upgraded to.