Music Music Music

Hello Ladies!

So I am about 60 or so days out for my wedding and I feel like I still have a ton of "small" details to do! First, I apologize if this has already been asked or previously discussed...but what are you doing for your ceremony and reception music?

I'm completely clueless about this so this may be a dumb question (or a few) lol. For your ceremony did you/are you using your own music? If so, did you/will n you have just one song for the entire bridal party to march to (including you, the bride)? Or will you have one song for the bridal party and a different song for yourself? I was thinking of 2 songs, one for my bridal party and one for me. But now I'm thinking I will have to time or guesstimate how long it takes for the bridal party to get to the alter and then guesstimate my time as well so I know how long each song should be. Did you/Will you do this? Or am I putting waayy too much thought into it?

Next,your exit song...will you be doing this as well? How long should that be? Lastly...for the reception, are you doing songs for your bridal party (when the DJ announces them..if you opted for the DJ entertainment package)?

If you didn't provide your own music, how was the music that the cruise line provided (specifically Carnival)? Oh and if you're bringing your own music, how are you doing it ( burned CD, MP3 player, iPod, etc.)?

I'm just curious what you ladies will do or have done! Thanks in advance!

Hi SweetBride13! I saw that your post had several views, but no replies, so I thought I'd add in my two cents. :)

My cruise wedding (Carnival Breeze) is not until later this month, so I can't speak from experience, but I can share what my decisions have been and what my The Wedding Experience coordinator shared with me.

I will be having individual cd's burned with the following songs, will also bring all the songs on one comprehensive CD, and everything ALSO downloaded to my iphone *just in case*:

Wedding Ceremony

• waiting music CD (random songs)
  • bridesmaids processional - landon pigg - "falling in love at a coffee shop" piano cover
  • bridal processional - dashboard confessional - "stolen" piano cover
  • sand ceremony - justin timberlake - "mirrors" piano and violin cover
  • recessional - blink 182 - first date (had to include something for my FH!!)

-----

The Wedding Experience coordinator responded to one of my emails with the following:

Typically, Trumpet Voluntary or Canon in D are selected for the bridal party entrance and Wedding March (Here Comes the Bride) is chosen for the Bride. Some Brides do elect to bring their own CD with special songs for the entrances. It’s entirely up to you though.

The aisle in the Limelight lounge is a nice size. It would take more or less about 30 seconds to walk in from the outside of the room until you reach the Groom.Yes, the songs will be faded in between entrances.

-----

Hope that helps!!

Hi SweetBride13! I saw that your post had several views, but no replies, so I thought I'd add in my two cents. :)

My cruise wedding (Carnival Breeze) is not until later this month, so I can't speak from experience, but I can share what my decisions have been and what my The Wedding Experience coordinator shared with me.

I will be having individual cd's burned with the following songs, will also bring all the songs on one comprehensive CD, and everything ALSO downloaded to my iphone *just in case*:

Wedding Ceremony

• waiting music CD (random songs)
  • bridesmaids processional - landon pigg - "falling in love at a coffee shop" piano cover
  • bridal processional - dashboard confessional - "stolen" piano cover
  • sand ceremony - justin timberlake - "mirrors" piano and violin cover
  • recessional - blink 182 - first date (had to include something for my FH!!)

-----

The Wedding Experience coordinator responded to one of my emails with the following:

Typically, Trumpet Voluntary or Canon in D are selected for the bridal party entrance and Wedding March (Here Comes the Bride) is chosen for the Bride. Some Brides do elect to bring their own CD with special songs for the entrances. It’s entirely up to you though.

The aisle in the Limelight lounge is a nice size. It would take more or less about 30 seconds to walk in from the outside of the room until you reach the Groom.Yes, the songs will be faded in between entrances.

-----

Hope that helps!!

Thank you so much for the reply!! That is so very helpful!!! I will reach out to my WC to get an idea of how long it would take us to get to the alter from the entrance. Also I didn't even think of "waiting music", I will surely consider that as well!

I won't be able to tell you how it went until next week, my wedding is tomorrow :) but we opted to bring our own songs. I have one song for all of us to walk in to "A Thousand Years" but the Piano Guys version. For after the ceremony, my guy wanted the Superman Theme Song, lol so he gets that.

To save time at the reception, we are having our bride/groom dance to a .Fun song. We are also having a groom/daughters dance (we have 3 daughters and are trying to include them) to Jimmy Buffets "Little Miss Magic", and that's it for special songs.

We are putting all of those onto CD and bringing them with us. They did tell me during my final call they will fade out those songs and not do an abrupt stop.

I had three songs for my ceremony. A bridesmaids processional, a bridal processional & a recessional. I put these all on one CD in order & gave it to the coordinator.

We had our first dance song specified & my carnival coordinator confirmed that the DJ had it already so I didn't bring a CD for that. We also had a last 'party' song of the reception which the DJ also already had.

We also had a last 'party' song of the reception which the DJ also already had.

Oooooh, what was your last "party" song of the reception? I am thinking of going with good ole' Journey - Don't Stop Believin since both my generation and my parents' will enjoy it, but I never thought to entertain other ideas too! :D

Thanks ladies! I now have a good idea of what to do!! I also hadn't even thought about a last song!! Definitely going to write that down. Did anybody do or is doing a "group dance songs" or line dances? Like ChaCha slide? Or how about a soul train line? FI's side are partyers but my side is very conservative. I'd love some ideas to get them out on the dance floor! What are some good (kid friendly) songs to get a group dance going?

I was leaning towards the electric slide but apparently that's soo 90s (according to FI) lol...I was even thinking the Macarena LOL gosh I'm so stuck in the 90s!

Oooooh, what was your last "party" song of the reception? I am thinking of going with good ole' Journey - Don't Stop Believin since both my generation and my parents' will enjoy it, but I never thought to entertain other ideas too! :D

We used Black Eyed Peas "I gotta feeling" & everyone came out to dance.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Archived