HOTELS FT.Lauderdale before Princess Cruise

snoopy124

Hi-

This is the first time I am going on a cruise. Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel to stay at the night before leaving from Ft. Lauderdale?

Some place near the airport that has free shuttles.

Thanks

snoopy124,

We stayed at the Amerisuites on 17th street - free shuttle to the port. Nothing fancy, good location with a good choice of restaurants nearby.;)

Hi , we have stayed at the La Qunita Hotel and Suites /Hollywood, it included continental breakfast and free shuttle from airport and to cruise port. We tipped the shuttle, worked great for us. It is however not in the downtown area of FL , so if that is ok with you, then it is a good place to stay.

Have a good cruise.

Cori

Hi There,

Do not stay at Red Leaf or Red Roof

Ramada is cheap and just OK nothing to write home about but it does let you store your bags, even before check in, and after you have checked out. Has free bus from airport and to ship.

yours Shogun

Is the Ramada a clean hotel? Or am I going to be sleeping in a chair for the night?

Why would you have to store your bags?

Any other suggestions that are cheap?

It is really going to be for a few hours. What time are you allowed to start going on the ship?

Is the Ramada a clean hotel? Or am I going to be sleeping in a chair for the night?

Why would you have to store your bags?

Any other suggestions that are cheap?

It is really going to be for a few hours. What time are you allowed to start going on the ship?

Go with Amerisuites. The best Ramada is NG.

Pia

We were very satisfied with the Sleep Inn in Dania. Free shuttle from Airport and to the Port, nice facility, good free breakfast and it is adjacent to a large Walgreens Drug Store and a Publix Supermarket for those last second purchaces. There are a couple of restaurants across the street. Beware of the man-eating iguana that sometimes sunbathes by the pool. :D

Hi There

Ramada is used alost 100% by cruise folk,

the looking after of bags is important if like us you arrive in Ft L at some silly time in the morning what do you do with your bags, a few others we have stayed in said we could not store our bags, even on sailing day we checked out we they kept our bags we spend most of the day in FT L then took there free shuttle in late afternoon to the ship.

Now as to the room two beds one very clean, the other I would not sleep in. TV system and furiture were all new last year.

There are better places to stay but for use the room cost less than a taxi ride from the airport so we took it.

We met folk going on QM2 and they hated it we met folk who were going on the Sun and stay there most years.

yours Shogun

How far is that hotel in Dania from the airport?

Doesn't it make sense to stay close by? Our flight is scheduled to arrive in FLL at 10:30 PM so we will only be in the hotel for a few hours. :)

Not too far away, about six miles and about the same to Port Everglades. We liked the reasonable price and the proximity to shopping for when the inevitible "OMG, I forgot...." strikes and to get water and soda to take onboard.

Hi-

This is the first time I am going on a cruise. Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel to stay at the night before leaving from Ft. Lauderdale?

Some place near the airport that has free shuttles.

Thanks

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Free shuttle to the port and a decent breakfast in the morning. Not too much around the hotel other than astip mall across they way, but it was cheap, convientent and meet our need.

We stayed at the Ramada at SR 84 and I-95 and even though it was early 2001, we won't even consider it now unless it had been demolished and totally rebuilt. It was easily the dirtiest hotel we ever stayed at. Like I said, this was almost 7 years ago, but first impressions are lasting impressions, as they say.

Is the Ramada Inn that gross?

one rate was 74$ compared to 200$.

Are you allowed to take water and soda on the ship? Can you store it in the mini fridge?

Are you allowed Wine and do you recommend taking it?

here are some reviews from trip advisor.

Ramada Inn reviews

When you say cheap about how much are looking to spend? This time of year almost all the hotels start about $180.

Also in November the Amerisuites is scheduled to be changed to a Hyatt Place.

Bill

I did a search and noticed you were cruising during one of the most expensive weeks/weekends of the year. Feb. 16th/President's week is considered major prime time in South Florida. If you find something really CHEAP, you probably won't want to sleep in it.

TA booked our hotel through Princess. We are staying in Marriott North, not the closest to the airport, but was under $170. Princess provides transfer from the airport to the hotel and from hotel to ship the next day. We are also sailing President's week and flight is getting into Fort Lauderdale in the evening.

TA booked our hotel through Princess. We are staying in Marriott North, not the closest to the airport, but was under $170. Princess provides transfer from the airport to the hotel and from hotel to ship the next day. We are also sailing President's week and flight is getting into Fort Lauderdale in the evening.

Is that $170 total? I thought Princess chrged pp for hotels.:confused: If it's total you got a great deal as that hotel is going for $289.

I'm also curious about your transfers. I don't do transfers that often. I didn't know that they would pick you up and take you to your hotel and pick you up at your hotel to take you to the ship. that's interesting to know.

Bill

Is that $170 total? I thought Princess chrged pp for hotels.:confused: If it's total you got a great deal as that hotel is going for $289.

I'm also curious about your transfers. I don't do transfers that often. I didn't know that they would pick you up and take you to your hotel and pick you up at your hotel to take you to the ship. that's interesting to know.

Bill

If you book a hotel through Princess they always pick up and deliver. That's why you usually pay so much for the room. I'm inclined to think that the cost is $170/PP.

Pia

If you book a hotel through Princess they always pick up and deliver. That's why you usually pay so much for the room. I'm inclined to think that the cost is $170/PP.

Pia

Thanks for the info. I never knew that about the shuttle before. Good to know.

I also thought the $170 was pp. I can't imagine Princess selling a hotel room for less than the going rate. Always an exception to every rule so who knows.

Bill

Ths Marriott North in FLL through Princess usually goes for about $70 pp - however it is about 10 miles from the port and not much nearby for dining & shopping. WE are booking the Embassy on 17th for next March for two days through princess for n$129pp first day and $109pp second day. The Embassy has a full breakfast and managers cocktail party and is minutes from the port. It includes Princess transfers although Embassy has their own shuttle to the port or a Taxi is only about $10.

The problem with the Princess transfer to the port is they start at the Marriott North about 1 PM then stop at the Embassy for the rest and you don't get to the ship till about 3 PM.

We think the full breakfast and coctail party is worth the extra $40 pp plus we can also get to the port before noon.

The Princess cruisebook shows the Ren going for $129pp, Embassy $129 pp and the Marriott North for n$79pp Dec through April.

Ron

Ths Marriott North in FLL through Princess usually goes for about $70 pp - however it is about 10 miles from the port and not much nearby for dining & shopping. WE are booking the Embassy on 17th for next March for two days through princess for n$129pp first day and $109pp second day. The Embassy has a full breakfast and managers cocktail party and is minutes from the port. It includes Princess transfers although Embassy has their own shuttle to the port or a Taxi is only about $10.

The problem with the Princess transfer to the port is they start at the Marriott North about 1 PM then stop at the Embassy for the rest and you don't get to the ship till about 3 PM.

We think the full breakfast and coctail party is worth the extra $40 pp plus we can also get to the port before noon.

The Princess cruisebook shows the Ren going for $129pp, Embassy $129 pp and the Marriott North for n$79pp Dec through April.

Ron

And for MrDawson only - this is one of my (so you say) useless and erronious pieces of information - Have a good day!!

Ron

I just checked the Princess site and the rate at the Marriott North is $79 per person per night in February and checked confirmation from Princess sent to TA. Room is $158 for the night. Since we are getting in late the night before cruise this should be fine. If we want to get to ship earlier than shuttle leaves hotel, we can always split the cost of cab or van with another couple who will be sailing with us and is also staying at Marriott North.

I just checked the Princess site and the rate at the Marriott North is $79 per person per night in February and checked confirmation from Princess sent to TA. Room is $158 for the night. Since we are getting in late the night before cruise this should be fine. If we want to get to ship earlier than shuttle leaves hotel, we can always split the cost of cab or van with another couple who will be sailing with us and is also staying at Marriott North.

I just saw that too. I found this at the bottom of the page which made me believe it may be higher than stated on the website.

Please note: Rates are subject to change. Please see your travel agent for the most current fares and for terms and conditions associated with the Cruise Plus program.

Bill

Archived