No fridge? and Hauling in soda? etc

Fogfog

We just reread and evidently the staterooms don't all have a fridge anymore.:confused:

Bummer..that means calling for ice to chill white wine/champagne..or going by a bar.:o

Also I have read that many bring on soda, water etc.

Is it worth the hassle to drag it on if the dining areas have it?

We haven't cruised Carnival in several years.

We just reread and evidently the staterooms don't all have a fridge anymore.:confused:

Bummer..that means calling for ice to chill white wine/champagne..or going by a bar.:o

Also I have read that many bring on soda, water etc.

Is it worth the hassle to drag it on if the dining areas have it?

We haven't cruised Carnival in several years.

All I can report is our room onboard the Inspiration didn't have a fridge.

And bringing your own soda means you don't have pay for it onboard. Sodas are not included in the "free" drinks in the buffet/dining rooms.

I am assuming you are sailing the Sunshine. Only the suites have a mini bar/fridge.Wine bottles don't fit well in those little fridges anyway. Ask you room steward for an ice and wine bucket the first day. We have always had our ice bucket and our "wine" bucket kept full. (twice per day).

So far as the water and soda go....each person will tell you why they carry on their favorite drink or brand of water. My personal opinion is that it is not worth it. Soft drinks are $1.95 each and if you drink 3 a day or more there is the Bubbles program where you pay a flat rate for the cruise that can be a cost saver.

We were on the Sunshine in a spa balcony, and our room had a small "fridge." We asked the room stewards to remove all the mini bar stuff and loaded our own drinks. The kids told us they thought the fridge was broken because the drinks didn't get very cold, lol. They were just slightly cooler than room temp. It was worth it for us to take our own on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No need to bring your own water. The water on the ship is fine.

We bring a few bottles of water on just to use when in port. They do sell bottled water on the ship by the debarkation area when in port, but it's expensive.

We were on the Sunshine in a spa balcony, and our room had a small "fridge." We asked the room stewards to remove all the mini bar stuff and loaded our own drinks. The kids told us they thought the fridge was broken because the drinks didn't get very cold, lol. They were just slightly cooler than room temp. It was worth it for us to take our own on board.

the fridge was not broken. they dont make things cold

I am assuming you are sailing the Sunshine. Only the suites have a mini bar/fridge.Wine bottles don't fit well in those little fridges anyway. Ask you room steward for an ice and wine bucket the first day. We have always had our ice bucket and our "wine" bucket kept full. (twice per day).

So far as the water and soda go....each person will tell you why they carry on their favorite drink or brand of water. My personal opinion is that it is not worth it. Soft drinks are $1.95 each and if you drink 3 a day or more there is the Bubbles program where you pay a flat rate for the cruise that can be a cost saver.

Unfortunately, Carnival only sells Coca-Cola products. We're Diet Pepsi drinkers. So, we bring our own. The Bubbles program is of no use to us.

To the OP, the mini fridge will keep things slightly cool. However, you're better off if you bring your own collapsible cooler and keep it filled with ice to keep your beverages cold.

I drink caffeine free diet soda . Bought a case thinking it would not be available on the ship. Never opened a can! With the bottomless bubbles program it was easier to get my favorite soda any where on the ship. After the first night there was always a glass of ice and an unopened can of soda at my place every evening. As soon as I sat down one of our waiters or the bartender would open and pour. Service was beyond expectations and always with a good word and a smile. The case of soda was given to our steward along with his extra tip and I've never carried a case of soda again. I just hope they never stop carrying caffeine free Coke.

Unfortunately, Carnival only sells Coca-Cola products. We're Diet Pepsi drinkers. So, we bring our own. The Bubbles program is of no use to us.

As a former diet coke addict I understand. I just said for me personally it isn't worth it.

I was on the dream last oct. and when you ordered a coke most of them filled a glass with ice and filled the glass but did not leave the can. then someone else ordered a coke and I watched the bartender fill his glass with what was left of my can. It is said when you do not even get the whole 12 oz. can. They did the same thing on Air Tran on the way to florida. They filled three glasses with one can. Also you can only get a soda at dinner from the Bar guy that walks around taken your order and you can only get one at a time. Then you are halfway through dinner before you see him again. I drink one can of soda faster then they can get back to me. So for me it is better to bring my own and drink one when I want to not when they want to return. They are only concerned about the booze drinkers. But hey if it works for you that's all that matters.

I was on the dream last oct. and when you ordered a coke most of them filled a glass with ice and filled the glass but did not leave the can. then someone else ordered a coke and I watched the bartender fill his glass with what was left of my can. It is sad when you do not even get the whole 12 oz. can. They did the same thing on Air Tran on the way to florida. They filled three glasses with one can. Also you can only get a soda at dinner from the Bar guy that walks around taken your order and you can only get one at a time. Then you are halfway through dinner before you see him again. I drink one can of soda faster then they can get back to me. So for me it is better to bring my own and drink one when I want to not when they want to return. They are only concerned about the booze drinkers. But hey if it works for you that's all that matters.

I have many of the Carnival drink cups that hold a can of soda plus ice. I prefer more ice in my glass. Hubby drinks seltzer with little to no ice. We both get the bubbles package and carry our drink cups during the day. We will be on the Dream in a few months so we'll see how the service is there and whether it still works for us. I hate lugging anything I don't have to.

To the OP, the mini fridge will keep things slightly cool. However, you're better off if you bring your own collapsible cooler and keep it filled with ice to keep your beverages cold.

I am able to get the fridge colder by keeping the outer cabinet door slightly open with a washcloth. Unfortunately, the cabin steward usually removes the washcloth, so I always replace it.

I have put a thermometer (part of my clock) in the fridge and have seen temps at around 55.

I always bring my own soda and just ask my room steward to keep the ice bucket full. I drink red wine so I don't need to keep it cold. I also get the "endless bubbles" drink package. The sodas I bring are for when I'm in the cabin late at night and want a drink and don't want to bother with room service to bring one. That's how I roll!:D

Please tell me what you mean by a "collapsible cooler".

I will be sailing on the Paradise in a couple of days, and will need a way to keep my bottle of white wine chilled.

My wife goes through a lot bottled water, so we always bring a case on with us. I have a small collapsible hand cart that I strap the water to, in order to get through check in. At $3 per bottle, we save a lot bringing our own on the ship.

As for the refrigerator, if you request one for your medicine to keep it cold they will bring one, but as most of the posters stated you are better off with them in ice.