Ft. Lauderdale Gay Resorts?

sfgoguy

Am on the Atlantis Feb '15 Caribbean cruise out of Ft. L. Haven't been there in 15+ years and need recommendations for a gay resort pre-cruise (and maybe post-cruise). Have done the internet and Trip Advisor search, but would prefer personal recommendations from this group before committing. Thanks. :)

For several years I and my partner & I would cruise out of FT Laud - we would spend 3-4 days pre cruise at the Ritz Carlton Ft Laud on the beach & post cruise 4 days at the Coconut Cove Guest House in the same area. Its right near the beach, easy parking, relaxed and fun.

We haven't been in a couple of years now but I understand its still good. I even stayed once for a week & was quite happy there....

Enjoy.

My buddy and I stayed at Elysium the night before we boarded the RSVP Divina cruise last month. This was one of the few guesthouses or resorts which would accept a one-night reservation, many of the bigger and more popular ones required a three-night stay. Elysium was reasonably priced and comfortable and within walking distance of shops, great restaurants and the beach.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

My last Ft. L. visit 15 years ago or so was at the Villa Venice - when it was a stand-alone property. Liked it then - especially its proximity to the beach. May try it, again, but will consider others, too. Cruise is in early Feb '15 and that's high season (plus 2800 gay guys on the same cruise :eek: ), so I will book soon.

Responses much appreciated. :)

sfgoguy- where/when is your cruise starting and ending? We want to go on the Silhouette next. It's the only solstice class ship we haven't been on.

...is below:

Feb 1-8/2015 (Ft. L/Ft. L with port stops in San Juan, Labadee and St. Maarten - 3 At Sea days). Bookings should open to Atlantis Alums in a few weeks (I booked while onboard the Summit last month on an Atlantis cruise). If you're an Atlantis Alum, you'll get an email. Or you can try calling 310.859.8800. I had a question, called and asked how many had already booked before it being announced to Alums and the public. Response was "about 1,000 cabins." That's more than 1/3 of the capacity w/o any public advertising. Expect a sell-out. :cool:

I, too, have been on several Solstice Class ships, but this is my first Silhouette cruise. Looking forward to it. :) Hope you'll join us. BTW, there were several DC area guys on the Summit last month.

Edited by sfgoguy

• 2 weeks later...

The Worthington and the Villa Venice are the same resort now since 3 neighboring resorts on the same block merged.

I stayed there last year and liked being close to the beach and within walking distance of the gay beach. However, you need a rental car to get to the restaurants and bars in Wilton Manors. Be careful with parking in Wilton Manors the meter police ticket immediately if you don't feed your meter.

Decided on the Villa Venice and booked a King Deluxe Pool View for 4 nights (that's the minimum in high season) for $199/night. Look forward to enjoying the merged properties that comprise the Worthington complex. Glad to get this resolved. Now on to the airfare/itinerary. :eek:

Thanks for all the recommendations, guys. Hope our paths cross. ;)

Edited by sfgoguy

• 1 month later...
Had stayed at the Schubert Resort last couple of years, but I hear it was closed. Does anyone know if anyone bought it and is still running it as gay resort, or if it's just gone?

The Schubert website now shows Hotel Lush Royale - they may have bought the old Schubert. I thought I heard it was up for sale.

As a lurker on this thread, I want to thank you all for the names of places as well! I am looking at a two night hotel stay in the FLL / MIA area between two cruises next year and trying to figure out if FLL is the better option. I am leaning towards it because South Beach is so darn expensive! :eek:

Thanks again! :D

The Schubert website now shows Hotel Lush Royale - they may have bought the old Schubert. I thought I heard it was up for sale.

Boytjie,

From what I heard from an employee at Lush Royale is that the Schubert has been sold and will not be re-branded as a "Male Resort" model. Arrgh! It was my favorite place.

I have booked 2 nights at the Grand Palms before boarding on the RSVP cruise. FYI: Looks like places are starting to fill up even at 8 months out. And....many places require a 4 night min. stay. The Grand Palms only required a 2 night minimum. And friends have vetted the place for me so it all sounds good.

From what I heard from an employee at Lush Royale is that the Schubert has been sold and will not be re-branded as a "Male Resort" model. Arrgh! It was my favorite place.

We stayed there for the first after this year's RSVP cruise and enjoyed our stay.

I have booked 2 nights at the Grand Palms before boarding on the RSVP cruise. FYI: Looks like places are starting to fill up even at 8 months out. And....many places require a 4 night min. stay. The Grand Palms only required a 2 night minimum. And friends have vetted the place for me so it all sounds good.

Multiple night stay requirements have been in effect for that time of the year for most places.