Summit Aft Cabin vs. Celebrity Suite

GoVacation

Hi there! Has anyone sailed in both of these types of staterooms after the renovation that added a verandah to the Celebrity Suite on Summit? I'm debating between 7203 and 7140. I'm trying to decide if the view and perks of the Celebrity Suite are worth trading that nice big balcony in the aft cabin. Thanks for any help!

Hi there! Has anyone sailed in both of these types of staterooms after the renovation that added a verandah to the Celebrity Suite on Summit? I'm debating between 7203 and 7140. I'm trying to decide if the view and perks of the Celebrity Suite are worth trading that nice big balcony in the aft cabin. Thanks for any help!

On a recent Summit cruise, we had a Celebrity Suite on deck 6 and our friends had the large after corner family stateroom on deck 8. It is one over and one above the one you mentioned. They are similar, although the one our friends had is slightly larger.

Their stateroom had a massive veranda. It was probably the largest one I have been on, on a cruise ship. We were traveling with 3 families and one evening all of us (including kids) hung out on their veranda and it was really nice, with room for everyone. There was a full size round dining table with either 4 or 6 chairs plus 2 chaise lounges.

Having said that, we also loved our Celebrity suite. The veranda was much smaller than our friends' (no comparison) but it was a decent size when compared to a regular balcony stateroom. It was shallow, but wide and curved and it protrudes out from the side of the ship. Even though it was retrofitted during the rehab, it looks like it was always there. We liked having the separate bedroom and living area in the suite. We were traveling with kids, so the added privacy and interior space was quite nice. Also, the bathroom is better in the suite.

The suite perks are nothing special on Celebrity (although they just added a suite concierge lounge on some ships.) You have a butler, who delivers canapés in the afternoon, but we don't find that adds too much to our travel experience. Most of the other butler services, like spa and dining reservations, we can just as easily make ourselves. It was nice to have someone come around and ask if we needed anything. It's a nice touch. At the end of the day, though, we didn't think it mattered much

They are both nice choices. We like the added space of a suite. Our friends also loved their stateroom. The veranda was definitely great. If I had to pick, I would probably take the suite, but that's just my opinion. If there were a big difference in price, that might affect my decision.

Love the family corner aft but CS hands down.....

LOVED all the various aft cabins on M-Class ships we've had. Booked on 4 more right now (2 B2Bs).... Have never had the pleasure to splurge on anything above SkySuite. Give all of that, I'd have to agree with Tomcruiser1234 with the proviso.... IF it fit into the budget, I'd take the newly renovated CS with balcony added hands down!:D

It totally depends on the itinerary. If you're thinking Alaska I'd opt for the aft every time. The same goes for anything sailing to or from Venice. For a Caribbean cruise the CS would be my option. For a 10+ night cruise where you want to gather friends the CS would be a better fit. I haven't been to Asia or Australia but so many of the ports in Europe are industrial and South America is a mix but predominately industrial. And, you know once at sea it doesn't matter a bit.

As far as the afts, the deck 11 cabins are great. 1140 has the largest balcony but the view is a little challenged by the canvas covering the middle of the bar. 1138 is the next best if you want to avoid any hint of cigarette or cigar smoke from the totally uncovered port side smoking area.

We're doing Southern Caribbean and I was a bit concerned that the aft cabin might be dark because of the big narrow balcony. We're traveling with a group of 10 and I know that balcony could accommodate all of us easily for drinks before dinner. Then again so could the suite! Alcpa1, why specifically would you choose the CS for the Caribbean?

We've been in an aft balcony cabin on Summit, and a Celebrity Suite on Millennium, after the balconies were added. While we loved the aft cabin on Summit we would take the Celebrity Suite hands down. On hot days the very large but tunnel-like balcony on the aft cabin got very hot and had no breeze unless you stood right at the railing. By contrast the curved balcony on the Celebrity Suite got lots of air. The Aft balcony cabin was also dark due to the depth of the balcony, whereas a wall of windows in the Celebrity suite made it very bright. On top of that, the Celebrity suite had a dining table to enjoy room service breakfasts, a separate bedroom with walk-in closet and dressing table, a bathroom with double sinks and a jacuzzi tub, and a full living room with desk area and a small dry bar area. I would happily book an M-Class aft cabin again, unless the Celebrity Suite was an option.

• 3 months later...
We've been in an aft balcony cabin on Summit' date=' and a Celebrity Suite on Millennium, after the balconies were added. While we loved the aft cabin on Summit we would take the Celebrity Suite hands down. On hot days the very large but tunnel-like balcony on the aft cabin got very hot and had no breeze unless you stood right at the railing. By contrast the curved balcony on the Celebrity Suite got lots of air. The Aft balcony cabin was also dark due to the depth of the balcony, whereas a wall of windows in the Celebrity suite made it very bright. On top of that, the Celebrity suite had a dining table to enjoy room service breakfasts, a separate bedroom with walk-in closet and dressing table, a bathroom with double sinks and a jacuzzi tub, and a full living room with desk area and a small dry bar area. I would happily book an M-Class aft cabin again, unless the Celebrity Suite was an option.[/quote']

I know a little late for a response, but having sailed in both, I agree without a doubt if you can afford it the Celebrity Suite wins. In addition to what was previously said, you have a walk in closet and dressing table in the bedroom. The only negative is that you have a deep step in bathtub/shower combo. If you are short- not too easy to get into- ask for a step stool.

We also loved the perks of the Suite. On the Silhouette recently, we had an aft sky suite. We also loved it! However you do get strong sun all day- so breakfast on the balcony wasn't good if you mind the sun. I wouldn't hesitate to book either. Price is key- also CC is also great- cabins not as large- but good location and amenities. If we could afford it, why not the Penthouse or Royal Suite! But we cruise 3-4 times a year and would have to give that up. Not worth it IMO as long as we have a balcony, and not above or below a noisey area on the ship I am okay.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I would base it on what you are planning on using the veranda for. If it is just to sit on a lounge chair how much space do you need? Most time people end up standing at the rail to be able to see over the rail, so anything else it wasted space. If you are planning to hold a large party or do ballroom dancing on it it may be what you would need.

Cruise on 🍸🚢🇺🇸🌅