Costa Atlantica November 14th 2009- Chumley's Bear Cruise

JerseyGuys

I though there was a thread for this cruise couldn't find it. So I'll try again. Whose going on this years cruise, Jack and Andy here from southern NJ outside of Philadelphia, this will be our second year. Terrific group of men on last years cruise. Ship looks great, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale is always fun, with ports of call being St. Thomas, San Juan and Nassau. I personally love those days at sea.

hey jack and andy!!

I thought there was already a thread too but it would seem to have become lost. This is my second one as well and I cant wait to get going!

Brian

Edited by bbenson

• 2 weeks later...
hey jack and andy!!

I thought there was already a thread too but it would seem to have become lost. This is my second one as well and I cant wait to get going!

Brian

Hey Guys, there was a thread a few months, not sure what happened to it.

hey jack and andy!!

Brian

Looks like talking with Paul at the travel agent, the cruise is close to be booked up already. Devin and i got the last reg Balcony room today. This will be our 1st time with a balcony.

Looking forward to a great time with all the returning bears and friends.

• 2 weeks later...

It is reported that in Caribeean only Costa has a toga night on the last evening passengers can wear this and pack all their other clothes. They provide the extra bed sheets & instructions on how to wear togas.

This sounds like this will be a little fun

after dinner is something else...enjoy!

It is reported that in Caribeean only Costa has a toga night on the last evening passengers can wear this and pack all their other clothes. They provide the extra bed sheets & instructions on how to wear togas.

This sounds like this will be a little fun

Considering booking this cruise -waiting for pricing from Paul at the moment. FYI, his email last night to me said he has OV, Balcony and Suites left.

I am hoping some of you Chumley repeaters can alleviate my only real concern with the cruise - Having having been a regular on the Bear Run circuit back when I was young and pretty <grin>, I am concerned with some of my hirsute brethen who - hope I don't offend anyone here - just don't know how to act (IMHO) in public.

When a Bear Run had the whole hotel, then I had no issue with any of the activity going on in the lobby, pool, etc...however, when the bear run was only a few floors of an otherwise occupied hotel, I had issue with the extent of the PDAs going on....not talking about a quick kiss or hand holding....this was more of the groping while riding the elevator with other guests sorta of thing. Trust me, I can grope with the best of them...and love it when it can happen, but I also don't know if I want to be one of 300 or 400 who potentially make the other 1600 guests uncomfortable.

Some will say, so the straights just have to get over it - we have been dealing with them for years.... but I don't think I feel that way....I guess if I was on a cruise and there was a group of 300 - oh I don't know - lets say, Right Wing Religious folk on board and they held a revivial out by the pool everyday while I was trying to relax and enjoy the sun, I woudn't enjoy my cruise very much - I don't want to be guilty of something similar to others. Anyway, is my concern unfounded? Here's hoping it is!

Thanks for your thoughts and sorry for being so long winded when I am not even sure I am going yet.

Clay, This will be my 3rd Chumley's all of those I have met on the previous cruises, incluidng myself, feel the same way you do. . This is from the Chumley's site FAQ's:

"9. Mingling with ship’s guests: We are a large gay group on a ship that holds 2,800 passengers. We do plan lots of activities of our own but we do also participate in many of the ships activities. In our opinion, we get the best of both worlds. Appropriate behavior in all public areas is expected."

Paul, the T/A, and Chumley do a great job, It has been my observation that the group pretty much "polices" itself, and I think if anyone went beyond appropriate behavior, it would be made known that this is not what is expected or will be tolerated. Just my personal observation.

With that being said, it's a great time with a great group of guys... I'm sure Chumley will weigh in on this at some point since he has posted to CC before.

To Cruise Additiction - Congrats on getting the same roomate as last year..

To Brian - Glad your back for this year's cruise. Hopefully, we'll get to meet this time around..

Thanks guys...I was a little worried about getting flamed...appreciate your resonses....once I hear from Paul, we will decide if we can afford to go. We are doing NCL for 14 days in March so given this is so close to Christmas....we shall see.

Just to clarify, there is some "fun" that goes on right....just behind closed doors...I am not a prude afterall!<evil grin>

Clay

Last year was our first Chumley Cruise, and we probably had the same initial concerns. Your concerns are exactly why we've never done the "all gay cruises" However I can assure you that I have never seen a more "well behaved" group of gay men in my life. Kudo's to Chumley for setting the ground rules and keeping us all in line. :) I mean that in the best of ways.

While we did take over the aft pool, i think the group assimilated well with the rest of the people on the boats. I guess the surprising part to me is that whether is was while the 200+ of us were at dinner, or on a shore excursions, or taking pictures, i never got the impression that we were offending anyone. I also don't think that any of us were concealing our sexuality in anyway either. It is such a great thing to see so many gay men being themselves. As I said kudo's to Chumley on a first class operation.

You'll have a great time on this cruise, I think it's the best of both worlds.

Thanks guys...I was a little worried about getting flamed...appreciate your resonses....once I hear from Paul, we will decide if we can afford to go. We are doing NCL for 14 days in March so given this is so close to Christmas....we shall see.

Just to clarify, there is some "fun" that goes on right....just behind closed doors...I am not a prude afterall!<evil grin>

Clay, as I'm sure Chumley will say "what goes on behind close doors" is only your business. There's plenty of fun to got around. :) Drop us an email if you want to chat

Edited by JerseyGuys