Irie Mon Beach Excursion?

Cjean

I to would like to now how this excursion was. Love the beach. Not sure if we feel safe taking a taxi. We were in Jamaica last year. Went to the falls thru Peat Taylor. Highly recommend using them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, y'all coaxed me into registering simply because I couldn't stand reading some posts saying that they had stayed on the ship in this port because no one would reply about this excursion, or that it must not be a good excursion or people would of posted lol. I had enjoyed being a behind the scenes lurker till now. I have been on this excursion and really enjoyed it. Hubby and I just wanted to hang out at a beach and this sounded fun so we tried it. On this excursion, which we took last September with Carnival, it was a long day at the beach..longer than any other beach excursion. You get on a bus with your group of people who are going on this excursion right outside the terminal. The driver was great, talking about the different places we were going past. Then you are dropped off at Cornwall beach. Right when we went in we were given our rum punch..yum..all you can drink free..we went and got a chair closest to the water and waited for the guy to come around offering us umbrellas to rent. They had different things scheduled thru out the day to keep everyone busy..dancing, volleyball, contests, ect..but I just went to enjoy the beach..swimming in the beautiful turquoise water..I brought my snorkel gear with me so I went in and tried it out and there were colorful fish all around my feet when I went in..I later snorkeled by the pier, and there was alot of colorful fish there also. They had a great lunch..ahh jerk chicken, sooo good..heck I don't remember the rest of the food, but it was plentiful..you won't go hungry. Only had two people try to sell me stuff, one sweet lady offered to braid my hair, and one fine gentleman who asked me if I wanted to buy a conch shell. They were very kind, and did not at all harass. Later more swimming and more snorkeling and very relaxing. One note is that I got sunburned really bad on my back and my back of legs lol, stupid me only put the sun block on my back once and I was having so much fun snorkeling forgot to reapply..I think in my opinion this is a very good excursion and was well worth the money..you get to spend practically all day at the beach, you get lunch, beautiful water, activities if you want to participate..there was a lifeguard on duty..one funny thing, when they said it was time to get back on the bus I had just gotten another rum punch and I asked the driver," do I need to throw this out?"..and he said, "no mon, you in Jamaica still, no problem." I love Jamaica s relaxed atmosphere..

• 1 month later...
Ok, y'all coaxed me into registering simply because I couldn't stand reading some posts saying that they had stayed on the ship in this port because no one would reply about this excursion, or that it must not be a good excursion or people would of posted lol. I had enjoyed being a behind the scenes lurker till now. I have been on this excursion and really enjoyed it. Hubby and I just wanted to hang out at a beach and this sounded fun so we tried it. On this excursion, which we took last September with Carnival, it was a long day at the beach..longer than any other beach excursion. You get on a bus with your group of people who are going on this excursion right outside the terminal. The driver was great, talking about the different places we were going past. Then you are dropped off at Cornwall beach. Right when we went in we were given our rum punch..yum..all you can drink free..we went and got a chair closest to the water and waited for the guy to come around offering us umbrellas to rent. They had different things scheduled thru out the day to keep everyone busy..dancing, volleyball, contests, ect..but I just went to enjoy the beach..swimming in the beautiful turquoise water..I brought my snorkel gear with me so I went in and tried it out and there were colorful fish all around my feet when I went in..I later snorkeled by the pier, and there was alot of colorful fish there also. They had a great lunch..ahh jerk chicken, sooo good..heck I don't remember the rest of the food, but it was plentiful..you won't go hungry. Only had two people try to sell me stuff, one sweet lady offered to braid my hair, and one fine gentleman who asked me if I wanted to buy a conch shell. They were very kind, and did not at all harass. Later more swimming and more snorkeling and very relaxing. One note is that I got sunburned really bad on my back and my back of legs lol, stupid me only put the sun block on my back once and I was having so much fun snorkeling forgot to reapply..I think in my opinion this is a very good excursion and was well worth the money..you get to spend practically all day at the beach, you get lunch, beautiful water, activities if you want to participate..there was a lifeguard on duty..one funny thing, when they said it was time to get back on the bus I had just gotten another rum punch and I asked the driver," do I need to throw this out?"..and he said, "no mon, you in Jamaica still, no problem." I love Jamaica s relaxed atmosphere..

Thank you for posting this review. I think this is what we will do in Jamaica. I'm especially happy to hear that the snorkeling was good.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone we just got home today from our cruise and we did this excursion there were good parts and bad parts some of the good parts were the beach was very nice it was very clean they kept things moving with activities like water balloon toss hula hoop toss goal kicking my wife got a massage on the beach much cheaper the on the ship she loved it the water was great the drinks flowed very freely now for some of the not so nice things some of the vendors are very very pushy and every time you go the the bar the bartender rudely demands a tip and beware the food is questionable ( the jerk pork still had hair on it and the chicken was under cooked ) and my wife was approched by a man in the water to sell her drugs over all was a good experence just remember to keep your gaurd up if anyone has any question ask maybe i can help with them

hi everyone we just got home today from our cruise and we did this excursion there were good parts and bad parts some of the good parts were the beach was very nice it was very clean they kept things moving with activities like water balloon toss hula hoop toss goal kicking my wife got a massage on the beach much cheaper the on the ship she loved it the water was great the drinks flowed very freely now for some of the not so nice things some of the vendors are very very pushy and every time you go the the bar the bartender rudely demands a tip and beware the food is questionable ( the jerk pork still had hair on it and the chicken was under cooked ) and my wife was approched by a man in the water to sell her drugs over all was a good experence just remember to keep your gaurd up if anyone has any question ask maybe i can help with them

Wow..sorry you experienced this..we never got harrased..noone ever tried to sell us drugs..we only had two people approach us and they both were very kind, not pushy at all.. when I said no thank you they went on their way..our food was great..and we didn't go to the bar..we took advantage of the free rum punch..so maybe we just missed all the bar problem you had..guess its just luck of the draw..

Royal Caribbean has an excursion very similar to this and I believe it's called Irie Beach Resort Excursion or something like that. I've been to Jamiaca a couple times (Ocho Rios) but this will be my first time in Falmouth. We want to do a beach resort excursion or just stay on the ship. A few years ago we did the Bamboo Beach Resort and that was fun. I know some people didn't like it by their reviews but we had a great day. Thanks for the information and recommendation. I think we will definitely book this excursion for our January cruise on the Allure of the Seas!

• 7 months later...
Royal Caribbean has an excursion very similar to this and I believe it's called Irie Beach Resort Excursion or something like that. I've been to Jamiaca a couple times (Ocho Rios) but this will be my first time in Falmouth. We want to do a beach resort excursion or just stay on the ship. A few years ago we did the Bamboo Beach Resort and that was fun. I know some people didn't like it by their reviews but we had a great day. Thanks for the information and recommendation. I think we will definitely book this excursion for our January cruise on the Allure of the Seas!

Annefran - did you end up doing this excursion Irie Mon Beach Break through Royal? If so, did you like it - and about how long was the drive?

We sail out on the Freedom Sunday and so far this looks like the top pick for our Falmouth stop. We normally do the Eastern stops and just wing it when we dock, but figured that might not work so well here. We prefer the beach party atmosphere with lots going on.

Archived